Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

starimage I don't think this will fix your problem but give it a shot. ill look deeper into it when i can but at the moment I'm working on another project.

I just know its just the pin assignment to our mic and I think the numbers i need are hidden someplace in your original codec dump.

just know Im not going to give up. Ill have some beta drivers for you soon. but If you manage to find a solution please let me know because it contains for me some key information in unlocking the code for the chip.

ALC262_510.zip

Enormous thanks for help. Problem is not thus far solved
I'm looking at the code now. you say you have an internal mic. do you also have an external mic input? and if so is that working? you can plug in a set of headphones to it and try to talk into them to test it if you don't have a mic.
I'm looking at the code now. you say you have an internal mic. do you also have an external mic input? and if so is that working? you can plug in a set of headphones to it and try to talk into them to test it if you don't have a mic.
give this a shot

ALC262_510_beta_0.1_.zip

In this beta-version of drivers not working "out" and not working "in" .

BUT !!!

External microphone WORK (!!!) with kexkts in the previous communication

Headphones work only with interlnal speakers

do it like this.

= yes or no

ALC262_510

internal speakers=

headphones=

digital out=

Mic=

ALC262_510 Beta 0.1

internal speakers=

headphones=

digital out=

Mic=

This goes for everybody.

BronxBoy,

What's going on? I'm grateful that someone has dedicated themselves to specifically getting the ALC262 chipset running for everyone. Thanks for all your efforts to make this happen.

With that being said, I do not have a Vaio. But I do have a Lenovo 3000 Y410 laptop. On paper, it appeared to spec out just like a MacBook. However, that is apparently not the case, especially with the audio. (Again, I'll give props to Taruga for all his/her help.)

I'm only able to get speaker out using my codec dump and Taruga's HDA Patcher. I can control the volume from my my custom keyboard controls, but I have no headphone, and no mic or line in. AND, in order to get audio out of the speakers, I have to put it to sleep first. After it wakes back up a moment later, I get audio, but with a *buzz* or a steady metronome-style *pop* like you'd make with your tongue off the roof of your mouth.

Attached is my codec, which I'll call "ALC_837.txt" That's right, this one is completely different than all the rest. Apparently, I'm the only idiot without sound working with the ALC262 chipset. :D So if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it with some ideas on what I'm missing, that would be appreciated.

I've tried all your codecs with the HDAPatcher. The "200" gave me the best results, but is no different than using my current codec dump, no headphones, no mic or line-in.

Thanks for any help you might give!

ALC262_837.TXT

BronxBoy,

What's going on? I'm grateful that someone has dedicated themselves to specifically getting the ALC262 chipset running for everyone. Thanks for all your efforts to make this happen.

With that being said, I do not have a Vaio. But I do have a Lenovo 3000 Y410 laptop. On paper, it appeared to spec out just like a MacBook. However, that is apparently not the case, especially with the audio. (Again, I'll give props to Taruga for all his/her help.)

I'm only able to get speaker out using my codec dump and Taruga's HDA Patcher. I can control the volume from my my custom keyboard controls, but I have no headphone, and no mic or line in. AND, in order to get audio out of the speakers, I have to put it to sleep first. After it wakes back up a moment later, I get audio, but with a *buzz* or a steady metronome-style *pop* like you'd make with your tongue off the roof of your mouth.

Attached is my codec, which I'll call "ALC_837.txt" That's right, this one is completely different than all the rest. Apparently, I'm the only idiot without sound working with the ALC262 chipset. ;) So if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it with some ideas on what I'm missing, that would be appreciated.

I've tried all your codecs with the HDAPatcher. The "200" gave me the best results, but is no different than using my current codec dump, no headphones, no mic or line-in.

Thanks for any help you might give!

give this a shot

starimage you should try the 0.2 beta drivers

ALC262_837_beta_0.1.zip

ALC262_837_beta_0.2.zip

ALC262_837_beta_0.3.zip

ALC262_837_beta_0.4_mad_man.zip

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

could you please update first page with explanation, how to extract SubVendorID from this (output of ioreg):

| | +-o AZLA@14,2 <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 9>

| | | | {

| | | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xffffffffc0000000,"length"=0x4000}))

| | | | "device-id" = <83430000>

| | | | "name" = "pci1002,4383"

| | | | "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/AZLA@140002"

| | | | "acpi-device" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable"

| | | | "vendor-id" = <02100000>

| | | | "revision-id" = <00000000>

| | | | "IOName" = "pci1002,4383"

| | | | "IOPCIResourced" = Yes

| | | | "subsystem-vendor-id" = <4d140000>

| | | | "Power Management private data" = "{ this object = 02d0d680, interested driver = 02d0d680, driverDesire

= 0, deviceDesire = 0, ourDesiredPowerState = 2, previousRequest = 2 }"

| | | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | | "Power Management protected data" = "{ theNumberOfPowerStates = 3, version 1, power state 0 = { capabili

tyFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000000, inputPowerRequirement 00000000, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPower 0, power

ToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, power state 1 = { ca

pabilityFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000400, inputPowerRequirement 00000400, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPower 0,

powerToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, power state 2

= { capabilityFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000002, inputPowerRequirement 00000002, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPo

wer 0, powerToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, aggressi

veness = 0, myCurrentState = 2, parentsCurrentPowerFlags = 00000002, maxCapability = 2 }"

| | | | "class-code" = <00030400>

| | | | "compatible" = <"pci144d,c511","pci1002,4383","pciclass,040300">

| | | | "assigned-addresses" = <10a2008200000000000000c00000000000400000>

| | | | "subsystem-id" = <11c50000>

| | | | "reg" = <00a200000000000000000000000000000000000010a2000200000000000000000000000000400

00>

| | | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1000000007000000>)

| | | | }

thanks

FYI, I installed this the 262_F00.zip version, it worked [although I already had the HD sound out on my toshiba, I was concerned with getting my headphone out working] giving me both the speakers and the headphone out, no microphone/line in although thats not too big a deal with me, since this is my secondary mac laptop [have a macbook too] but the rub is the headphones and the external speakers play at the same time.

otherwise at least its working with a line out now.

when I get back from vacation I was going to try one of my audio interfaces [MOTU 828 firewire/ and protonX25 alesis USB], since if they work, the others arn't that important. I figured you may want some feedback,

Kenny

FYI, I installed this the 262_F00.zip version, it worked [although I already had the HD sound out on my toshiba, I was concerned with getting my headphone out working] giving me both the speakers and the headphone out, no microphone/line in although thats not too big a deal with me, since this is my secondary mac laptop [have a macbook too] but the rub is the headphones and the external speakers play at the same time.

otherwise at least its working with a line out now.

when I get back from vacation I was going to try one of my audio interfaces [MOTU 828 firewire/ and protonX25 alesis USB], since if they work, the others arn't that important. I figured you may want some feedback,

Kenny

thanx good to know. Is the subsystem id on this laptop of yours F00?

both of you should try the 0.3 and 0.4 madmad beta drivers.

I call it mad man because I installed 2 Mics & 2 Speakers

ALC262_837

internal speakers = yes

headphones = no

digital out = not tested

Mic = yes (I think)

Tried 0.4 MadMad Beta drivers. Audio out of speakers no longer has metronome-style "tick" or buzzing. That's progress. Still cannot hear anything out of the headphones. Still have to put laptop to sleep before any audio comes out. Is that characteristic of this laptop or something?

Here's how I installed your driver:

1) Taruga HDAPatcher 1.20 + your .TXT file representing the codec.

2) Installed your AppleHDA.kext.

3) Repaired permissions.

4) Rebooted.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Had an accident. Still recovering. Any ideas on how I can make my audio fully functioning?

Thanks!