[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

It is great, just remember to turn off bios speedstep, or else this kext serve no purpose.

Quick question.. in the bios I swear it says if you turn it off in the bios it'll lock the pc at the slowest rate... so did you mean to say turn it off in bios or turn it on?

I haven't read up on it too much just yet... but am very excited about this.

According to first page of this thread:

shutdown and restart dont work after installing Nvidia kexts (10.5.2) or after installing whole 10.5.2 from any 10.5.2 DVD .

As far as I know there is no solution yet to this problem. Maybe next year with snow leopard?

when i choose 'Sleep' it effectively 'restarts' my M1330. To shutdown i select sleep and then wait for bios screen and hold power for a few seconds.

Hey Sparta1,

I have not heard of anyone needing drivers for the DVD on a m1530. My drive is working without. Are you having any issues with the drive or? if you put in a CD does anything happen? what make and model is it? - It may be different from my drive...

Wireless, If you have a dell truemobile card (broadcom) you will find drivers on the first page of this tread. If you have an Intel card it won't work unless you're willing to try the driver being developed. again, first page of this tread.

Did you do anything special to get it to work or did it "just work"?

To be honest I can't really remember.. I used Sonotone's installer, and then I think it just started working properly once NVInstaller had been run.

It is flawless tho, and I don't have to sleep first before sound works or anything..

Ya, I've got my sound working without sleeping first (which is good considering I can't sleep...)

I am not using nvinstaller but rather gfx-strings. I simply get a black screen upon reboot and none of the threads that I've found with that issue either apply to me (one guy's video card wasn't plugged in all the way) or work for me.

I have tried using Superhai's IOUSBFamily.kext from the Dell installer and that does the same thing: black screen.

So what brand is the touchpad in a 1530... I'm going to go hunting for a fix on this touchpad's "click" feature not working properly after a sleep. (described and talked about in a few posts the past few days now).

has to be a fix for it... since it works before the sleep just fine, and after the sleep it works, but only as a double click....

interestingly, with the dell post installer with a vanilla 10.5.4 I get sleep to function perfectly when I close the lid but i get system restart to bios screen when I choose sleep from the menu bar.

run that dell post installer again and do the xps sleep fix... that should hook you up.

Help...

I have been doing a lot of reading on how to make a hackint0sh out of my Dell XPS m1330 but I am not getting far.

What I have tired:

* I have tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 boot dvd - but my system just would not come up with this.

* I have tired iAktos 2.0 and 4.0 - I can get the laptop installed but no wireless no ethernet. Also, when I do the install the Customize button is always grayed out so I cannot click on it. This method at least gets me a system I can boot up but I need to boot it with the -x flag all the time.

* I have tried this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...39&st=1640# but I do not have the retail version of Leopard I have the 2 disk version that comes with a new MacBook Pro. When I boot off of Leopard it will finally show me a blue screen then goes black and stays that way. After about 5 minutes the DVD drive stops and nothing happens.

My System:

* Processor Intel? Core2 Duo Mobile 2.0GHz 800MHz FSB

* Cache Memory - 2MB at die Level 2

* System Memory - 4GB DDR2

* Display Type Ulrasharp WXGA high-definition widescreen with TrueLife (1280 x 800)

* Graphics - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

* Networking - Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M

* Wireless - Built-in Dell 1395 mini-card (802.11b/g)

* Bluetooth - 355 Bluetooth module

* Sound - Sigmatel 9228

Since I am not getting this to work can some one please point me to a good post showing how to install this machine or give me some simple directions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Louis

Yes.

Some elaboration would be nice...Your sleep fix does not work for me. Manually installing EHCIEnabler does not work. I KNOW it is USB to that stopping it from waking up again because if I remove the IOUSBFamily.kext and sleep, the computer resumes normally. Once again to reiterate, I can get the computer to go to sleep but cannot resume. All I get is a black screen. This is with your fixed IOUSBFamily.kext.

Systemgeek, a tutorial for the XPS 1330 is coming. In the meantime, iAtkos is the way to go. You must use a Dell Wireless 1505 to get wifi to work. The Intels that usually ship with the systems are not supported at this time.

Hi guys,

I would like to thank you all for all these. I managed to get my m1330 "almost" fully functional "MacPro3,1" with vanilla kernel.

However, there is a small bug which not-so-important but would be happier if anyone knows the fix of it. When everytime i boot into Leopard, i lost the "password-lock" feature. That means if i sleep the laptop, it wake up directly without asking for authetication. However, if i log myself out and log in again then sleep, it does wake up and ask for authetication. Anyone knows the fix for these? Thanks!

Help...

I have been doing a lot of reading on how to make a hackint0sh out of my Dell XPS m1330 but I am not getting far.

What I have tired:

* I have tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 boot dvd - but my system just would not come up with this.

* I have tired iAktos 2.0 and 4.0 - I can get the laptop installed but no wireless no ethernet. Also, when I do the install the Customize button is always grayed out so I cannot click on it. This method at least gets me a system I can boot up but I need to boot it with the -x flag all the time.

* I have tried this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...39&st=1640# but I do not have the retail version of Leopard I have the 2 disk version that comes with a new MacBook Pro. When I boot off of Leopard it will finally show me a blue screen then goes black and stays that way. After about 5 minutes the DVD drive stops and nothing happens.

My System:

* Processor Intel? Core™2 Duo Mobile 2.0GHz 800MHz FSB

* Cache Memory - 2MB at die Level 2

* System Memory - 4GB DDR2

* Display Type Ulrasharp WXGA high-definition widescreen with TrueLife (1280 x 800)

* Graphics - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

* Networking - Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M

* Wireless - Built-in Dell 1395 mini-card (802.11b/g)

* Bluetooth - 355 Bluetooth module

* Sound - Sigmatel 9228

Since I am not getting this to work can some one please point me to a good post showing how to install this machine or give me some simple directions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Louis

- Wireless - Built-in Dell 1395 mini-card (802.11b/g) does not work with leopard; there is someone trying to work out a fix, but at the moment the best solution is to upgrade to a dell wireless n card (for example) (Dell reference :Dell - 1505 or 555-10995 )

- Networking - Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M. Same problem , you will need to buy a usb ethernet adapter. I am using a Linksys USB200M which works straight out the box, no drivers required.

Good luck

Update on my quest: I finally got QE/CI to work. I just have to get sleep working on a normal basis and I will write my tutorial.

Hi - don't mean to push, but any chance of telling us how you got QE/CI to work? Thanks.

- Wireless - Built-in Dell 1395 mini-card (802.11b/g) does not work with leopard; there is someone trying to work out a fix, but at the moment the best solution is to upgrade to a dell wireless n card (for example) (Dell reference :Dell - 1505 or 555-10995 )

- Networking - Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M. Same problem , you will need to buy a usb ethernet adapter. I am using a Linksys USB200M which works straight out the box, no drivers required.

If I am going to waste the time on getting a new wireless card I would probably go for an Intel I saw an intel pro wireless 3945abg PCI Express Mini Card on Amazon.com for $23.00.

Louis

If I am going to waste the time on getting a new wireless card I would probably go for an Intel I saw an intel pro wireless 3945abg PCI Express Mini Card on Amazon.com for $23.00.

Louis

And then you'd be wasting more time since that card also does not work in OS X yet.

Some elaboration would be nice...Your sleep fix does not work for me. Manually installing EHCIEnabler does not work. I KNOW it is USB to that stopping it from waking up again because if I remove the IOUSBFamily.kext and sleep, the computer resumes normally. Once again to reiterate, I can get the computer to go to sleep but cannot resume. All I get is a black screen. This is with your fixed IOUSBFamily.kext.

I don´t know why yours is not waking up.

This is how I have installed OS X last time on my Laptop:

Using the "dfe boot-132 method" to load vanilla 10.5.2 restore disk (modified just the install script so it doesn´t check for hw and mbr. I added the following kexts, dsmos.kext (modified so it runs as a "Root" kext), IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext, SMBIOSREsolver.kext, ACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext (with plugins!), ACPIBattery.kext and ClamshellDisplay.kext. Added a com.apple.Boot.plist with device-properties for the NVidia 8400M GS and installed Chameleon. Then let the Apple Software Updater update it to 10.5.3 (now it would be to 10.5.4). Then install EHCISleepEnabler.kext (with the modification I have specified to AppleEHCI.kext). Finally added HDAENabler.kext and modified kext from taruga for the Sigmatel.

Using the "dfe boot-132 method" to load vanilla 10.5.2 restore disk (modified just the install script so it doesn´t check for hw and mbr. I added the following kexts, dsmos.kext (modified so it runs as a "Root" kext), IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext, SMBIOSREsolver.kext, ACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext (with plugins!), ACPIBattery.kext and ClamshellDisplay.kext. Added a com.apple.Boot.plist with device-properties for the NVidia 8400M GS and installed Chameleon. Then let the Apple Software Updater update it to 10.5.3 (now it would be to 10.5.4). Then install EHCISleepEnabler.kext (with the modification I have specified to AppleEHCI.kext). Finally added HDAENabler.kext and modified kext from taruga for the Sigmatel.

What do you mean by "vanilla 10.5.2 restore disk". Also, when you say you used "dfe boot-132 method" I am taking it that you built your own ISO.

Louis

Hmm, I see. Three questions.

Is the IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext the same as the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext that is included in the original project?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer. It is indeed the same.

Second, how did you modify the install script? (or a link to how to modify it is ok)

Third, what plugins for ApplePS2Controller and where did you get them?