[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I suspect IOHID kext or Bluetooth kexts, try with the original ones.

I don't know which modified kexts does iATKOS 4 has.

My BT works fine, if you see my RIGs link there are two MS BT mice, also my previous cell phone Synced and transfer files fine.

@macgirl: I try it ...

I suspect IOHID kext or Bluetooth kexts, try with the original ones.

I don't know which modified kexts does iATKOS 4 has.

My BT works fine, if you see my RIGs link there are two MS BT mice, also my previous cell phone Synced and transfer files fine.

macgirl: what do you mean with "MS Mouse 6.2.2 drivers" and where can i find this driver ?

thanx for help

Hello,

This guide has been a tremendous aid. I now have a working install of iAtkos 4 on my XPS m1330. I used sonotone's dell package to get sound, graphics, and sleep working.

However, there are a few things amiss.

How do I enable qe/ci with my 8400M? It does not seem to work properly. In addition, my Bluetooth and webcam are not functioning correctly. I was able to use the webcam during account creation to take a picture of myself, but now it does not work when I try to use iChat, Skype, etc. Bluetooth is not being detected according to system profiler.

Any ideas here? This stuff is supposed to work out of the box on my system...

EDIT: I was able to get QE/CI to work, still working on USB/Bluetooth/webcam issues

EDIT 2: Once I got my USB to work by using the kext from Slice, orByte, and Dmdimon ( here= http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28559&st=440# ), everything works properly: video, bluetooth, usb 2.0. Now on to fingerprint reader.

hi macgirl and all,

first of all, thank you for the amazing thread. so much information regarding dell xps and hackintosh in here. unfortunately, it still doesn't help me with my problem. really appreciate any kind of help that i can get from this forum.

i've installed Leopard using Leo4All v3 on my xps m1330 but it won't boot. it says: ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM.

i'm trying to have quad boot system on my xps. Windows XP, Leopard, Kubuntu and Dell Media Direct. as you can tell some partitions are fighting for the < 1024 cylinder space ...

here's the layout of my partition:

|dell utility - fat, primary|

|windows xp - ntfs, primary|

|leopard - HFS, primary|

[--- extended ---]

|/boot - linux ext3|

|swap - linux swap|

|ntfs - data for xp|

|/ - linux ext3|

|/home - linux ext3|

|/var - linux ext3|

|ntfs - dell media direct|

[--- extended ---]

what i did, is to install Media Direct first, then Windows XP, then Leopard. using Leo4All, sometimes it trigger kernel panic due to dual core system. i have to use -cpus=1 to make the installation work. it installed successfully, but it won't boot ....

please help me. many many thanks for your help guys,

cheers,

pixelblender

PS:

[edit]

forgot to add. i tried to manually install the bootloader. got the instruction from http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1789 but failed when i try to "bless" the partition/volume. it says bless should be run by install procedure or something like that. also, the terminal from leo4all v3 doesn't recognize sudo ...

[/edit]

I installed iATKOS 2.0i on my XPS M1330 with 3GHZ RAM AND Nvidia 8400..

I was just wondering is there any solution to get the internet runing in mac osx i have Intel 4965 AGN wireless card?

You ignorant ..... the first post in this thread has the answer for your question...

i have another question...

my computer wont shut down all the way from osx

what can i do to fix it????

Seriously... read the first post, the shutdown problem is mentioned there.

R-E-A-D ;)

Does anyone with an X3100 have iAtkos v4 working? I've tried all kinds of different settings on my Inspiron 1720 with x3100, but I just can't make iAtkos v4 work with it. I've tried installing it without any video drivers, and installing the x3100 driver later, but I still get just a black screen, and the sleep corner trick doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Thank you soo much for this thread :D Now I got almost a fully working Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 installation on my DELL Inspiron 1520 ;) Everything (that should work) works but the sound ........... Is there updated drivers for the sound in 10.5.4 ???

EDIT: I fixed the sound :P Used the 9205 driver from sonotone's dell driver pack ;)

I found one more thing that didn't work... - the built-in ethernet .. how do you get that working with 10.5.4 ? I tried an old driver. also the driver that came with iATKOS 4 <- that is the installation dvd i installed from if that is relevant..

Please what is the best method to dual boot mac with windows vista??? the method with acronis disc director dont worked for me :)

You should definitely search google for the answer. If you search "dual boot vista leopard" the first link that comes up is very handy.

If using the Vista bootloader and easybcd, i suggest copying the chain0 file to C:\nst folder and renaming chain0 to nst_mac.mbr. That method worked for me and I am now able to dual boot vista/leopard with ease.

Please what is the best method to dual boot mac with windows vista??? the method with acronis disc director dont worked for me :)

The "best" method is the one you like it most.

I use Darwin as a bootloader because I use Mac OS 99.9% of the time. But for those who use Vista more than Mac OS you can have the Vista bootloader as main, you can add an entry to boot Mac OS with EasyBCD so at boot the Vista bootloader Menu presents Vista and Mac OS .

Others use Grub as Bootloader, and some with XP use it's bootloader.

check the Multiboot subforum, there are a lot of solutions there.

The "best" method is the one you like it most.

I use Darwin as a bootloader because I use Mac OS 99.9% of the time. But for those who use Vista more than Mac OS you can have the Vista bootloader as main, you can add an entry to boot Mac OS with EasyBCD so at boot the Vista bootloader Menu presents Vista and Mac OS .

Others use Grub as Bootloader, and some with XP use it's bootloader.

check the Multiboot subforum, there are a lot of solutions there.

Hey, I was actually wondering how you installed the Darwin bootloader in the mbr. I couldn't seem to get it to work and resorted to good ole GRUB with the linux distro on my computer. I then installed EFI v8 on the linux partition and set GRUB to boot it as a kernel (a bit strange?). The EFI emulation then automatically boots the active partition (used GParted to set the Leopard partition as active) Needless to say, it works, but obviously adds to boot time as it goes through BIOS, then GRUB, then Darwin... a bit inefficient.

Does anyone with an X3100 have iAtkos v4 working? I've tried all kinds of different settings on my Inspiron 1720 with x3100, but I just can't make iAtkos v4 work with it. I've tried installing it without any video drivers, and installing the x3100 driver later, but I still get just a black screen, and the sleep corner trick doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Install the bootefi bootloader.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamshaeed/Images/bootloader.zip

Drag the "bootefi" folder onto your flashdrive. (Name your flashdrive, you will need to know the for terminal)

- Once the Disc has loaded Open up a Terminal Windows and type the following

sudo -s (then enter your root password)

skip the above step if you don't use a password

cd /Volumes/USBSTICK/bootefi

yes there is a space after cd

./bootefi.sh "installvolumename"

where installvolumename is the volume name of the drive that OSX was installed to. The installvolumename should be surrounded by double quotes. Example: ./bootefi.sh "MacHD" or ./bootefi.sh "Macintosh HD"

Now simply follow the prompts and choices based on the type of bootloader/hard drive partition type you used for the initial install/Time Machine Backup. Since I'm using Kalway and EFI with GUID I Selected EFI for the bootloader and GUID for the hard drive partition type.

At the end, the script will ask to either reboot or stay in Terminal and reboot later, select rebot