[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I keep getting this while trying to load the install.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I have tried a bunch of commands in the command prompt before booting.

But came seem to get it to stop freezing the loading.

Use a different distro. I don't think anyone has figured out how to get around that error. I had that when trying to install Kalyway and Leo4Allv3 and could not find how to fix it. I recommend iAtkos 4.

Does anyone have a way to get CPU temps with the m1530?

Temperature Monitor may work.

http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the built-in dual array mics with the XPS M1530 to work? That would make webchats and video recording a snap.

These do not work and cannot be made to work. The only mic that works is the input on the front of the laptop.

!!!

Wow that was bone headed of me. Wingrunr I'm installing on an xps 1530 with the T7500 Processor, 3GB of RAM, 256MB 8600, and the intel PRO wireless 3945 card built in. Am I leaving anything out there?

Your wireless card will not work in OS X. Otherwise you should be ok. Follow my guide for the 1330. It should be virtually the same for your 1530.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119654

More good news DUAL Monitor on 8400 possible, I tested 2 NVCAP values:

from desktop 8400gs

property list editor mode:

<04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAgANAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

EDIT:

This allow you to have the Internal LCD, and DVI via HDMI conector or VGA

<04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

from other user card, Dual display with VGA, LCD primary:

<04000000 00000200 0D000000 00000007 00000000>

text editor mode:

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

I tried both, putting this values into NVCAP but it's not working.

Will NVinject not modified, I have VGA working.

Then I tried with 04000000 00000300 04000000 00000007 00000000 and I get DVI working.

I tried MacGirl numbers but it's buggy when I do that.

I am searching for dual screen, one on VGA port and the other on VGA via DVI adaptor. But it does not seems to work.

What do I do wrong? I have Kalyway 10.5.2 install with Vanilla kernel.

I have a GeForce 8400GS 256 card.

Thanks in advance!

After fighting for a while with various NVInject and EFI strings I now have dual monitor support on my XPS M1530 with 8600m GT. Still no QE/CI though, can't work that one out...

I generated the following NVCAP value from an 8600m GT dump I found after failing to dump my own due to Vista x64 playing nasty.

This was generated from the attached ROM if you wish to use the NVCAP maker to make your own. To use it you need to use PlistEditPro to modify the Info.plist inside NVinjectGO.kext, don't forget to boot with -f after. I'm using this with a VGA monitor, I have no way of testing HDMI or S-Video.

EDIT: More details, 10.5.4 after vanilla upgrade, GUID partitions with EFI. Also added EFI string for my card, found earlier in this thread. Apparently I can get QE/CI by reverting to 10.5.2 NV kexts but havent tried.

8600M_GT.zip

After fighting for a while with various NVInject and EFI strings I now have dual monitor support on my XPS M1530 with 8600m GT. Still no QE/CI though, can't work that one out...

I generated the following NVCAP value from an 8600m GT dump I found after failing to dump my own due to Vista x64 playing nasty.

This was generated from the attached ROM if you wish to use the NVCAP maker to make your own. To use it you need to use PlistEditPro to modify the Info.plist inside NVinjectGO.kext, don't forget to boot with -f after. I'm using this with a VGA monitor, I have no way of testing HDMI or S-Video.

EDIT: More details, 10.5.4 after vanilla upgrade, GUID partitions with EFI. Also added EFI string for my card, found earlier in this thread. Apparently I can get QE/CI by reverting to 10.5.2 NV kexts but havent tried.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here but we have the same laptop and I couldn't get QI/CI with the nvinjectGO package. I used nvkush. The installer for graphics in Sonotones Dell Post Installer works too. I had to remover the nvinject.kext to install nvkush though. Full 1920 x 1200 with QI/CI :huh:

Here's a link to the Sonotone Installer package. I used version 1.2.....

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...66&hl=m1530

Thanks, NVKush didn't work earlier but I'll give it another shot. Either way the NVCAP is new so hopefully some people can make use. I look forward to trying full QE/CI. :huh: I had QE/CI working on a 10.5.3 install before so I probably just mucked up something this time.

Hello all! I installed iatkos 10.5.4 on my m1330 and pretty much everything was working fine until about a week ago. These vertical blue lines began to appear all across the screen. The would go away occasionally, but would always come back. Now my screen upon boot is this blank/white/gray and I either have to use the hdmi or vga to see. Also, upon boot there are rows of characters up and down the screen, so even w/ hdmi/vga I still have bad video. Does anyone know what is going on? :(

Hello all! I installed iatkos 10.5.4 on my m1330 and pretty much everything was working fine until about a week ago. These vertical blue lines began to appear all across the screen. The would go away occasionally, but would always come back. Now my screen upon boot is this blank/white/gray and I either have to use the hdmi or vga to see. Also, upon boot there are rows of characters up and down the screen, so even w/ hdmi/vga I still have bad video. Does anyone know what is going on? :)

Not entirely sure, but if you really haven't changed anything it could be that your video card is failing (don't take my word for it though). NVidia has recently stated that many dell laptops with 84 or 86 series cards are unable to sufficiently cool themselves, leading to video card failure. There were stories posted all over dell2direct, slashdot and engadget. Couple that with the fact that most Hackintoshes run a little hot. Hope that's not the case though.

Mike

Not entirely sure, but if you really haven't changed anything it could be that your video card is failing (don't take my word for it though). NVidia has recently stated that many dell laptops with 84 or 86 series cards are unable to sufficiently cool themselves, leading to video card failure. There were stories posted all over dell2direct, slashdot and engadget. Couple that with the fact that most Hackintoshes run a little hot. Hope that's not the case though.

Mike

Update your BIOS to the latest Dell version to prevent this.

Hi everyone!! I've installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc on my Dell XPS M1530, Im so happy that it worked! I had a Macbook Pro which was fantasic but unfortunately stolen. The Dell was a much less expensive alternative to a new Macbook Pro. My main aim is to use Mac as the default operating system, if I can get it working in full.

I'm having a couple of issues, i.e. Sound and Wireless... I know from reading around these are sticky topics. I have the Sigmatel 9502 and Intel Wireless 4965AGN installed in the XPS.

Sound: So far I have tried the Dell Post Installer and the AppleHDA Patcher with various codec dumps etc taken from these forums and no luck.

Intel Wireless: So far I have tried the drivers available here also no luck.

Can anyone here let me know if they have gotten the above to work and how?

I would very much appreciate it, it's killing my slowly everyday that I use Vista!!

Hi everyone!! I've installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc on my Dell XPS M1530, Im so happy that it worked! I had a Macbook Pro which was fantasic but unfortunately stolen. The Dell was a much less expensive alternative to a new Macbook Pro. My main aim is to use Mac as the default operating system, if I can get it working in full.

I'm having a couple of issues, i.e. Sound and Wireless... I know from reading around these are sticky topics. I have the Sigmatel 9502 and Intel Wireless 4965AGN installed in the XPS.

Sound: So far I have tried the Dell Post Installer and the AppleHDA Patcher with various codec dumps etc taken from these forums and no luck.

Intel Wireless: So far I have tried the drivers available here also no luck.

Can anyone here let me know if they have gotten the above to work and how?

I would very much appreciate it, it's killing my slowly everyday that I use Vista!!

I have an M1530 however it uses 9228 for audio so you might want to try this kext http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=30865 it's linked in the first page of this thread. As for the wireless there is no solution currently for it so you'll have to do without it or grab another card like the Dell 1370 off ebay.

Ummm....i jus ordered a Dell XPS M1530.....

I wanted to ask that during install...when i click customise..and then select only vanilla kernel no other things..then after install will it work??

And then after i use the sonotone installer to install graphics etc..will it work?

Hello all,

Recently got tired of fighting Vista, had original tried a dual boot with no luck. So I found iATKOS v4i with 10.5.4 Anyone tried this yet? Twice now I have received the no disk after restart and then the third time the bootloader just decided to give up. If I need to go track down an older version I will but I'd rather not give up on leaping directly to 10.5.4. Any insight would be appreciated!

You need to install the SATA drivers provided in the iATKOS disc.

Either that or disable AHCI and use ATA mode for your hard drive.

Did anyone get it to work using a retail dvd and that provided boot123 ISO? The disc hangs early on after booting and doesn't even get close to the installer for me.

No luck for me TFP. I have exactly the same thing happen.

I believe you need to use a 10.5.2 retail disk. 10.5.0/1 will not work as it doesn't have the correct nvidia drivers for 8 series cards and will hang after an attempted nvinject. Can anyone confirm this?

No luck for me TFP. I have exactly the same thing happen.

I believe you need to use a 10.5.2 retail disk. 10.5.0/1 will not work as it doesn't have the correct nvidia drivers for 8 series cards and will hang after an attempted nvinject. Can anyone confirm this?

That is correct. It is possible to install off of a 10.5.1 retail disk but you need to make your own image.

Okay Ive got the following machine

Dell inspiron 1521 (similar to the 1520 it was just sold at best buy)

AMD athlon x2 processor

2 GB Ram

ati x1270 graphics

160gb hdd

dell wireless card

I downloaded the kalyway 10.5.2 iso and loaded it, after a little configuring with the bios (disabling legacy usb support) I was finally able to get the unit to install OSX...or so I thought. After reboot it now just hangs with the apple logo and the circle that keeps going around and around... any suggestions? Im downloading the iAtkos 4i and leo4allv3 - are those better solutions?

hello ntcalkin,

Sorry, my english is very poor.

I have a inspiron 1521 with dual boot xp and kalyway 10.5.2.

I have detected when switch on computer and run mac osx, the apple logo and the circle that keeps going around an around...but if first run xp and after mac , the computer run good.

the problem is that wifi not run. You will see run with option -v and you will see.

Another question, you have got audio driver good configured? i need a solution.

thanks

Is anyone else finding that the screen resolutions are a bit fuzzy apart from the maximum one? I have the WXGA 1920 x 1200 screen and I think it's the only res that is clear and sharp...... I'd quite like to be able to turn it down to one of the slightly lower versions for when I don't need the high res. Anyone know why this is?

I'm tried both NVKush and NVinject. It doesn't give me the option to use 1440 x 900 either. Lots of odd stretched resolutions though. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks.