[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I'll post my results with my Dell XPS m1530 hoping that someone may have some solutions...

Now, this is the configuration:

XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T8300 2.40GHz,800,3M The cpu is recognized correctly

Display 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) with Truelife No problems with the display whatsoever of course :P

Fingerprint Reader Biometric with BLACK accent I've seen the driver solution in the first page but didn't want to try, i don't use this feature

CCFL backcover black & 2.0mp camera Camera is NOT working...don't know why though...someone have a solution?

Memory Dual Channel 4.0GB (2x2048) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM No problems

Hard Drive 320GB SATA (5400rpm) Everything ok

8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive Working

Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT Worked out of the box with Kalyway, just installed nvidia kexts during the installation of Leopard...QE and CI enabled

Dell Travel Remote control Working with fix and butler

Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-PCI Card This is actually the Intel 4965agn, they're working on a driver. Tried the beta one but it didn't work, i'll stick with a USB wi-fi stick for now. I'm using a D-Link DWL-G122 which works with drivers

European - Dell TrueMobile 355 internal Bluetooth Module Working and tested

Internal Keyboard Italian (QWERTY) Works of course :P

Sigmatel Audio 9205 Got some issues that are signaled in this topic. MIC IS NOT WORKING :P Solutions?

Now what i did was install Leopard using Kalyway 10.5.2 and NO vanilla kernel.

If anyone has some solutions for MIC, Webcam, etc...please post here ^^ (didn't find them in the first post).

Thanks.

Hey guys n gals.

what do I need to get my battery meter showing again in 10.5.4? I had everything working in 10.5.2 except shutdown. I carefully updated to 10.5.3 and only lost video and battery. Then updated to 10.5.4 and reinstalled the video like I did when I was at 10.5.2 with the nvidia kexts. But I cant seem to get my battery back, using the same instructions as I did with 10.5.2. If I am on 10.5.4 can I use somebody else's battery related kext to replace mine? my setup in sig

Did you run the installer from the first page and mentioned in the post above you?

installer? I must be blind because I can't see it. could you post a link.

Thanks

Did you run the installer from the first page and mentioned in the post above you?

installer? I must be blind because I can't see it. could you post a link.

Thanks

Ok, I have been unable to figure out this problem and need a bit of help. When I finally get this laptop to the way I want it I will write an organized tutorial from start to finish about installing osx86 and all of the little things new folk may need.

thank god! i can't wait for a simple to follow tutorial about how to get this working on the m1330. I've been reading these forum posts for weeks and i'm still as much in the dark as when i started...

For example. on iAtkos v4i, does one choose the two options under Stock Files? Should we select any additional patches or drivers? I've no idea...

Don't get me wrong, i think there is a wealth of information here and is fantastic if you are know what you're doing. But for the layman it is a nightmare trying to make head or tail of it.

After having been running OSX on my m1530 for quite a while now I must say that it is working very well. Have not had any dodgy reboots or anything like that at all. Poor battery life but I suppose I am comparing that to a real macbook.

I now want to be able to just hit that download updates button just like I do on my other mac without having to worry too much about it. I want to go vanilla.

Boot-132 seem to be the best option at the moment (anyone, please stop and correct me at any time!).

Has anyone with the m1530 (nvidia 8600gt) tried this approach?

Instead of using a usb key I want to install the boot loader on its own partition, good idea? - what size would I need?

anything I should take into consideration before going vanilla on this hardware?

would I be able to just drop the dell post installer into the initrd or would anyone have a list of what's needed?

Please let me know your experiences.

I've downloaded iAtkos v4i ,and i have a dell m1530 with 8600GT

How or what do i need to instal to get the 8600GT working?

Install NVinstaller v52 (only the Nvinject.kext for your card with Pacifist) so it works with qe/ci (but without reboot and shutdown !

Anyone here try the new bios for the m1530, how are the temperatures now?

Seems like a very {censored} way that dell decided to deal with the nvidia gfx issue ;)

{censored}? How else do you expect them to deal with it? If you are not happy then call them up tell them you want your laptop fixed. I called dell last night, they will be out on Monday with a motherboard, LCD, keyboard, and right hand hinge cover.

Not that it needed it, but that I would rather be proactive than reactive to the issue.

If you bought it recently then use the warranty... that's what it's there for. :|

I've a m1530 with 8600gt 256.

Assuming I haven't had any issues with the chip are there any other benefits of having the MB replaced?

better gpu, more memory...?

***edit

Just read the article, thanks for the link.

But how the F am I supposed to run the bios upgrade??? I don't dual boot.

Is there a linux version for the BIOS update?

dantastic, the BIOS update can be run from within a DOS environment. I have a 1GB USB key that I have made into a Win98 Startup disk that I simply copied the BIOS update to, booted from it, and ran it. It was all pretty easy. If you don't have a 1GB USB key you should go get one. They are dirt cheap nowadays. To make the key bootable, use HP's utility: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...TX-UNITY-I23839

ReclaimerCube, have you tried iAtkos? I have been unable to get anything else to work properly on my laptop besides iAtkos.

Quick question: does anyone have QE/CI working on an XPS 1330 on 10.5.4 using gfx-strings and chameleon EFI? If so, how did you get it working?