P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

would i be able to use these for my P5K-E? I have tried quite a few of Taruga's updates to no avail. I have no sound or wifi. I have gotten the graphics to work. I was also able to update to 10.5.6. I'm using the following way to boot into my system: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127330

Well, your sound card is ADI® AD1988B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC, there is a taruga installer for this card if I am not mistaken...

try this one..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=34831

C YA!

Can i use iaktos 5i instead of 6.66GB img iso ?

I don't know if your hardware configuration is the same... I can boot iAtkos but I can't install it. It give me an error in the end of installation process and it doesn't boot.

I really don't know.

I have tested iaktos yesterday, just for the record, and it does not support our mobo fully... There are some interesting kexts though in the System/Instalation/Packages/

You´d better try the boot123 method... or stick with kalyway´s solution

I don't know if your hardware configuration is the same... I can boot iAtkos but I can't install it. It give me an error in the end of installation process and it doesn't boot.

I really don't know.

I have tested iaktos yesterday, just for the record, and it does not support our mobo fully... There are some interesting kexts though in the System/Instalation/Packages/

You´d better try the boot123 method... or stick with kalyway´s solution

Kalyway works great for me. :)

What's this: http://my.ukrweb.info/en/node/44

10.5.6 working for me too!!!

I didn't need any patching, just launched the update... a little worried after the first reboot, the system rebooted again automatically and now I'm writing under my Safari on Leo 10.5.6!

I'm testing it now: first problem, my USB mouse didn't work at boot, I had to eject it and then re-insert in the port to get it working

I'm about to try your method, I have the plain p5k mobo -w core2 duo E8400. A couple ?'s, Did you change any settings in the bios? and will the kalyway 10.2 distro work with this method? I've downloaded all but the retail osx img in your list. I have been struggling with iDeneb & it doesn't seem to like the p5k. I will buy a retail copy of osx when I'm sure I can run it.

@coolken84

I have a plain P5K.

iDeneb 1.3 (Mac OSX 10.5.5) worked great here. Today i changed with this method. It's working nicely, but the mouse sometimes stutters for a few milliseconds, don't know why. It's kinda annoying.

I followed the tut, you can get a retail osx image on thepiratebay or whatnot.

Yes kalyway will work, specialy for p5k or p5kxxx mobos, but it is not as fast as retail version...

I'm about to try your method, I have the plain p5k mobo -w core2 duo E8400. A couple ?'s, Did you change any settings in the bios? and will the kalyway 10.2 distro work with this method? I've downloaded all but the retail osx img in your list. I have been struggling with iDeneb & it doesn't seem to like the p5k. I will buy a retail copy of osx when I'm sure I can run it.

Hi, good it worked for you, with whis method, if you have noticed, the shutdown works 100%, therefore, the usb mouse and keyboard thing is now very rare (I have not happened again until now)...

@coolken84

I have a plain P5K.

iDeneb 1.3 (Mac OSX 10.5.5) worked great here. Today i changed with this method. It's working nicely, but the mouse sometimes stutters for a few milliseconds, don't know why. It's kinda annoying.

I followed the tut, you can get a retail osx image on thepiratebay or whatnot.

Thanks for the great guide. Very clear and easy to follow.

I have a P5KC and I'm going to try this method tonight.

I was using Kalyway before and it got ate by 10.5.6 update.

Will report back with progress.

Also, my motherboard has 2 black SATA plugs and 2 red SATA ports, does the P5K-SE have these as well? If so, does it matter which I use?

Your configuration is similar to mine

All sata ports should work, you´d use the first ports, but it will install

I use the 4 ports, first 2 for the HDs, and the last 2 for the 2 sata DVD-RW

Good luck

Thanks for the great guide. Very clear and easy to follow.

I have a P5KC and I'm going to try this method tonight.

I was using Kalyway before and it got ate by 10.5.6 update.

Will report back with progress.

Also, my motherboard has 2 black SATA plugs and 2 red SATA ports, does the P5K-SE have these as well? If so, does it matter which I use?

It happened once before, but the problem was my old usb mouse... now I got the mighty mouse from mac :)

try another mouse, or another usb port.. is it a big problem?

I still don't understand why the mouse jumps around sometimes. A good example is when i fire up iTunes, if I move the mouse, it will just lock up for a second, then continue working normally.

Any ideas? :unsure:

Well, it's annoying as hell. fire up itunes, moving around some document the mouse stops for a second. Sometimes it just jumps to a different location out of nowhere.

It was working ok with iDeneb 1.3. I'm reinstalling using this same method again as i fcked things up a bit, won't even boot single mode, and i don't want to waste time booting the dvd just to get to the terminal.

I'll post back if it continues behaving this way.

Also, i don't know if it's related but i have to unplug my USB mouse /keyboard everytime i boot to get them to work. Any idea why or how to fix it?

Post your complete system configuration, bios revision, etc...

Also, tell if you have used another kext apart from the ones I have provided in this post.

If you have installed efi v9, like in the tutorial I have posted, this problem should be fixed.. weird, very...

Well, it's annoying as hell. fire up itunes, moving around some document the mouse stops for a second. Sometimes it just jumps to a different location out of nowhere.

It was working ok with iDeneb 1.3. I'm reinstalling using this same method again as i fcked things up a bit, won't even boot single mode, and i don't want to waste time booting the dvd just to get to the terminal.

I'll post back if it continues behaving this way.

Also, i don't know if it's related but i have to unplug my USB mouse /keyboard everytime i boot to get them to work. Any idea why or how to fix it?