Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi again,

I just tried to update my bios but nothing changes. I tried to install pc_efi V5.2, nothing happened neither.

When I first install Leopard, I used the brazilmac method to make a DVD image thanks to his 9a581-patch.sh file. The leopard image was the original.

Do I have to use the 9a581PostPatch.sh ??

Second point, when i installed leopard, the first time the installer stoped with the error "can't install essentials package". Then i tried again without erase my partition and the installation was ok. Is it possible that the problem with the first install prevent my computer to boot correctly??

Third point, can I boot in safe mode with onetrack method so as to see where does my problem come from ??

Hi to all of you and congrats for your efforts

i woud like some help in a few questions i have

1) I have a retail dvd9 of Leopard, can i use it with the brazilmac patch? or i have to find and download another release to patch it

2) In which part of the previus is the kalyway iso needed (the retail dvd, the other release or either?)

thanks for your time reading and/or answering my post

greets

AJ

Hi to all of you and congrats for your efforts

i woud like some help in a few questions i have

1) I have a retail dvd9 of Leopard, can i use it with the brazilmac patch? or i have to find and download another release to patch it

2) In which part of the previus is the kalyway iso needed (the retail dvd, the other release or either?)

thanks for your time reading and/or answering my post

greets

AJ

I used retail DVD9 and it worked perfectly. Got exactly the same number of bytes! Use Kalyway only to make the HD bootable, before or after installation doesn't matter. But with the new PC_EFI, this might not be needed anymore. Haven't tested it though.

You'll find it on The Bay... search for all the files uploaded by Kalyway and you should b fine. It's less than 200Mb ;-)

Negatory. :) There are only 2 files that come up when searching for keyword "Kalyway".. Neither of them the boot software were looking for.

Nice guide.. Wish there were more details on finding the files. I've searched Newsgroups, Web, Bit Torrents, etc. Nothing..

Negatory. :( There are only 2 files that come up when searching for keyword "Kalyway".. Neither of them the boot software were looking for.Nice guide.. Wish there were more details on finding the files. I've searched Newsgroups, Web, Bit Torrents, etc. Nothing..
Dysan, check out post number 13, on page 1 by stellarola. There you shall find what you seek.

Dysan, check out post number 13, on page 1 by stellarola. There you shall find what you seek.So, I'm thinking I may try the ToH prepatched dvd with Onetrack's guide. Does anyone see a reason why that wouldn't work? I don't have my macbook pro anymore to manually patch stuff, though I do have my retail leopard disc. Any thoughts on that?Thanks again for this awesome guide, Onetrack (and everyone else that's helped).

THanks Bro!. Got it!. You rock!

So, I'm thinking I may try the ToH prepatched dvd with Onetrack's guide. Does anyone see a reason why that wouldn't work? I don't have my macbook pro anymore to manually patch stuff, though I do have my retail leopard disc. Any thoughts on that?Thanks again for this awesome guide, Onetrack (and everyone else that's helped).

Is anyone successfully dualbooting 10.5 and WinXP on the same harddrive? After I install 10.5 I cannot get my XP partition to boot - it doesnt matter if make the partition as active, running fixmbr and fixboot, running Win XP repair on the install, etc - once i install 10.5 i cannot boot into XP (hangs at the bios).

hmm, ok, empire, i'd think that you could possible bootcamp that sucker? i haven't read too much into it yet, but i've read of people either a.) bootcamping their windows install, or b.) having various OS's on seperate hd/partitions (which is what you seem to be doing). you may need to install windows AFTER osx, or maybe install grub to handle the boot loading?

MoBo: ASUS P5LD2

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core D805 2.66GHz ovk@3GHz

Cooler: Intel Box Cooler

RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) Geil DDR2 800MHz

DVD: SONY DVD-RW

HDD: SATA2 320GB Seagate 16M

Video: ASUS ATI X1600pro silent 256M

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 223BW 1600x1050

I've got Mac OS X Leopard BrazilMac_PatchedDVD.iso and tried to install it on my pc ...booted from the dvd...-v...and after it said Loading Darwin...

a got this...and it hangs like this.....what can it be the problem???pls help...i haven't yet to try this Leoprd Perfect Install...didn'd found kalyway

1711071532yx6.th.jpg

Ok I now have my sound working on my Bad Axe 2

I followed what jngletiger_im posted, ill try to make it a little clearer.

1. I went and downloaded Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu

2. Then I burned the image file with Disk Utility on a CD-R

3. Put in my USB Thumb Drive which I named 'USBDRIVE'

4. Booted up the disc and selected the first option, (Start or Install Ubuntu)

-When it started i heard my speakers make a start up sound, so this was a good sign.

5. I went to Applications (At the top in the bar) and selected terminal.

6. In terminal I: cd /proc/asound - after it got to the directory i typed: 'ls' to see what was in the dir and i Saw card0 -good-

7. cd card0

8. do an 'ls' [enter] and make sure you see codex#2 in there. Its there? -good-

-now lets copy it to our USB Thumb Drive

9. type sudo cp -R codec#2 /media/YourUSBsName [enter]

10. restart manually eject the disc, boot into leopard.

11. now on the desktop go into your usb thumb drive and drag the codec#2 to the desktop.

12. drag the codec#2 on top of the AppleHDA Patcher 1.16 icon, it will open, type in your password, wait for it to finish.

13. reboot

Search the forums for AppleHDA Patcher 1.16 and you'll find it, sorry I don't remember which post it was in.

You now have sound. Goodluck.

Edit your first post, EFI v7.2 was released. It has support for GUID partition tables and you dont need grub to use it.

;)

7w910zp.png

What are benefits of GUID Partition Tables?

You can have up to 128 Partitions that you can resize when ever and make a new partition when ever you want. when your done with that partition your can extend you original partition back to where it was and all your files remain UNTOUCHED!

Hey all!

First off, this guide is extreme thorough and I appreciate the fact that Onetrack is staying around to answer our questions, not many do that so I really appreciate it :)

Now, I have questions of course, but I thought I'd first list out my specs so that you can answer the questions with them in mind.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz FSB 800mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P5GC-MX (i945G/GZ Chipset)

RAM: 2GB DDR2

Graphics: ASUS EN7300GS 256Mb (Which I presume is just another flavor of a GeForce 7300 GS)

Sound: USB Logitech Headset (Not using my built in soundcard at the moment - but it'd be nice to know if it works)

HDD: 80GB SATA HDD (My spare HDD that I want to use for this)

I think those specs should cut it, so here go the questions.

1) Can I install Leopard WITH EFI (Because I hate messing with kernels...) on this PC? Has anyone tested anything with this Motherboard or a similar one?

2) Do I have to have a working install of Tiger? Because I have an actual MacBook running Leopard 1.5.1 so I figured I could do anything that has to be done in OSX on it, somehow.

3) Can I use my Retail Leopard disc for anything?

4) What would be the best method to install Leopard on this PC, with all these things in mind?

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions, keep up the great work guys! :)

Where do you get EFI 7.2?

IRC chat. its on netkas.org

use colloquy to get on

FYI you will need another HD to install the bootloader.

since you have to completely wipe the hard drive since it has to write a GUID partition map.

And at this time you cannot boot windows partitions. we need to crack boot camp so we...