Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

Well, I gave up on the Kalyway disc, and used the mac.nub to format the hard disk. BrazilMac wouldn't boot as it kernel panicked, so I installed from the ToH instead but replaced all the kexts with those from the BrazilMac DVD. Then I followed the rest of the guide for setting up efi.. and it works! I'm extremely happy! Full EFI, vanilla kernel and I've got a Mac Prop apparently :(

Thanks Onetrack, and everybody else who gave some useful pointers. Now I just need to make myself an installation DVD that has all the stuff my system needs.

hey,

which kexts did you replaced in the ToH installation...i have installed ToH but, i can't get passed the setup screen, which then goes back to the welcome screen...setup screen...etc...

i have a Lenovo R60 T2500 laptop...

You can add me to the list of successful users, Thanks for all the help..I have the same motherboard as the original poster and I too am identified as a Macpro..

Just need to get sound, and my X1800 working..

Downloading all the latest updates as I type :(

Thanks again...

Ok Guys... I have a Fully working leopard (besides audio, i havnt gotten that far yet)

Bad Axe 2

7900 GS

Q6600

Crucial Ram

Here's the process -

1. Kalyway Make HD Bootable CD

2. Leopard Brazil DVD

Here are 2 things I HAD to do to get this baby to boot properly

1. Update BIOS to recent - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Res...mp;submit=Go%21

(Make sure you check your bios version, its on the first page in the bios at the very top)

2. Disable Sata Controller 2 (Your primary sata can be on IDE or AHCI it doesnt matter)

Then-- I followed OneTracks Guide all the way. (Who is might I add, indeed "The Man")

Issues I ran into:

--There was a point where I got leopard to boot but it kept looping me back to the intro video and back to the keyboard process after the "Do You Already Own a Mac" section.

-This was BEFORE I did the bios update, Another thing that might have caused this issue was I replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext with an older one. Do not do this, its not needed.

Another issue that I ran into before doing the bios Update was the computer was hanging on a Networking error - hence the reason i was replacing the IONetworkingFamily.kext, that is not the fix. The fix again, is either the BIOS update or not having your secondary sata controller disabled.

As long as those things are taken care of, following OneTracks guide completely will leave you with a booting leopard.

Thanks alot for everyones help... Now, onto the audio :thumbsup_anim:

Hi...

I am a newbie and as you guys can see belowI am not a native English speaker....so, excuse me for any mispelling

or if I do not explain myself properly.

First of all, that was a really nice guide. It was very easy to follow and I had no problems whatsoever with

getting all working on the first try.

Apart from the already known issues, Sound, Yellow Icons, and Graphics, everything works great.

I manage to get sound working using the p5w-dh_sound_net_leopard.zip and, got my resolution

fixed on what I wanted adding the following to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x1200x32@60</string>

After changing this file I can no longer boot the OS without having to press F8 to get to the boot prompt and type -v -f.

If I boot using those flags the OS loads correctly with all changes in place, ie. Sound and Resolution.

Any ideas on how to fix this, so that I can boot without having to go through those steps?

Thanks in advance

My system:

Asus P5W-DH

E6600

2GB Ram

1 IDE HD

2 SATA HD

1 SATA DVD

HOOORRAAAY !

Now this is a guy I tried helping for almost a whole week.. dude.. i got one thing to say - you are seriously dedicated.

Phew.. now at least that battles over..

1. Update BIOS to recent - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Res...mp;submit=Go%21

(Make sure you check your bios version, its on the first page in the bios at the very top)

2. Disable Sata Controller 2 (Your primary sata can be on IDE or AHCI it doesnt matter)

Then-- I followed OneTracks Guide all the way. (Who is might I add, indeed "The Man")

Issues I ran into:

--There was a point where I got leopard to boot but it kept looping me back to the intro video and back to the keyboard process after the "Do You Already Own a Mac" section.

-This was BEFORE I did the bios update, Another thing that might have caused this issue was I replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext with an older one. Do not do this, its not needed.

Another issue that I ran into before doing the bios Update was the computer was hanging on a Networking error - hence the reason i was replacing the IONetworkingFamily.kext, that is not the fix. The Fix again, is either the BIOS update or not having your secondary sata controller disabled.

As long as those things are taken care of, following OneTracks guide completely will leave you with a booting leopard.

Thanks alot for everyones help... Now, onto the audio :D

Ok Guys... I have a Fully working leopard (besides audio, i havnt gotten that far yet)

Bad Axe 2

7900 GS

Q6600

Crucial Ram

Here's the process -

1. Kalyway Make HD Bootable CD

2. Leopard Brazil DVD

Issues I ran into:

Another issue that I ran into before doing the bios Update was the computer was hanging on a Networking error - hence the reason i was replacing the IONetworkingFamily.kext, that is not the fix. The fix again, is either the BIOS update or not having your secondary sata controller disabled.

Thanks alot for everyones help... Now, onto the audio :D

Woot! Thanks a ton Tman26; I just placed the order for my Bad Axe 2 / Q6600 setup, so your addendum to Onetrack's original setup guide will be a massive help.

Cheers.

-rep

Here are some screenies, I was able to get all my hardware working. The "included" network driver will not give me Gigabit speeds, so I may try the realtek driver found on this forum.

but as others have said, so far this seems much faster than previous installs, and the only issue I have seen so far is upon reboot, it does not do it :D

8e72bec.jpg

81rh2cw.jpg

6l0fpde.jpg

6p675s2.jpg

PC_EFIv7 is out. Seems that it's possible to boot with a GUID partition table instead of a MBR if needed. I'll test this out tonight with my spare hdd, and give you all a heads up. This could mean that we wouldn't need the Kalyway boot disc, if it works properly. B)

-Stell

Great screens there elfdood - congrats on the successfull build!

Can you list your parts please?

Here are some screenies, I was able to get all my hardware working. The "included" network driver will not give me Gigabit speeds, so I may try the realtek driver found on this forum.

but as others have said, so far this seems much faster than previous installs, and the only issue I have seen so far is upon reboot, it does not do it :thumbsup_anim:

alright , thanks onetrack for this guide and gittin' me the kext i needed......just ordered a new c2d and when it arrives i'll give this a go

ps ... does anyone have a screenshot of the yellow icons ( just out of curiosity )

EDIT: forget it .. i seen the icons already.. they are like an external hd icon.... that is not that bad at all.... i guess you can install some custom hd icons if you like anyway.....is this with every install or just some?

Just remember everyone, this guide is meant for people with Intel "Core" Family CPUs. Such as CoreDuo, Core2Duo, Core2Quad, etc. If you have a CPU other than PC_EFI supported ones, you're going to need a modified kernel. That is all.

-Stell

So... im on a P4 single core... exactly how different the guide gets and which dvd should i use... im not that noob in pc at all but im mac im a 3-year-old-kid skilled guy so... please be kind... i know you cant post the direct link to the stuff needed but something like...

I was just searching around a place the rhymes with "Byrate Day" and did a search for "format make bootable hd". This should help you all in your search for Kalyway

will be great... thank you guys...

i think this guide will be the one but i have to get all the needed pieces so... any hlp for a floating windows soul?

Great screens there elfdood - congrats on the successfull build!

Can you list your parts please?

Certainly :(

O/S: Leopard 10.5.1 EFI_PC V6

CPU: C2D E4300 800mhz FSB

Motherboard: Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2

Ram: 2x1GB Corsair 667mhz

Video: X1800XL All in Wonder (Working with Diaboliks installer, (Did not install the 10.4.9 ATI kexts)

Lan: Onboard Realtek Gigabit

Sound: ALC888

HDD: Hitach SATAII HDS728080PLA380

DVD1: BenQ LS1655

DVD2: Pioneer DVR111L (Seen as Superdrive)

Thats about it, so far it has gone to sleep and woken up ok, so all in all pretty impressive...Now just time to learn all the cool new features :)

Yep I have a 7950GT/256 with independent resolutions running with full qe/ci - 1680x1050 to my monitor and 1280x768 to my projector.

Picked up right away with NVinject for Leo

:(

works brilliantly

Is anyone running dual screen ok at all? If so, anyone with an X1300 PCIe? What driver are you using?

Cheers

Elea

alright , thanks onetrack for this guide and gittin' me the kext i needed......just ordered a new c2d and when it arrives i'll give this a go

ps ... does anyone have a screenshot of the yellow icons ( just out of curiosity )

EDIT: forget it .. i seen the icons already.. they are like an external hd icon.... that is not that bad at all.... i guess you can install some custom hd icons if you like anyway.....is this with every install or just some?

As u can see the yellow ones are internal.

The system partition is the only one that does NOT shows as ejectable in HDD sidebar

orange_yellow_icons.tiff

Hi everybody,

The AppleSMBIOS.kext should be in the pc_efi zip file...

I just tried to install Leopard on a DELL Inspiron 640m with Onetrack's method, everything is ok except that when I boot on Mac, I see something on the screen with pc_efi, the apple icon displays and the computer reboots.

My proc is a core 2 duo. I 'm using pc_efi V6 with the boot_v5.

Do you have any solution.

Thanks