Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi Carlos - look a couple messages back for elevampas's post about this - its just the applesmbios not being correctly added.regards, One

Working fine for me too.Sound patch not tested yet.As others posted Internal HDD's attached to mobo shown in desktop as yellow ugly icons.BAd AXE 2Core 2 Quad Q6600 all working10.5 not updated yetCarlos
Those of you with Badaxe 2's. do you know what this error is?

post-45424-1196043431_thumb.jpg

100% smooth Leopard install and vanilla kernel on my new box:

(10.5.1 and pc_efi v5)

Desktop: Apple MacPro

MoBo: Intel D945GCCR S775

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 1.80GHz FSB800 1MB Cache

Cooler: Intel Box Cooler

RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair Value Select DDR2 667MHz

DVD: LG GSA 4167B Dual Layer

HD: SATA2 300GB Samsung HD300LJ 8MB Cache UDMA/100 7200RPM

Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video2: Silicon Image Orion PCI-Express x16 ADD2 DVI

Audio: Intel HD Audio Azalia 883

Speakers: Creative Inspire 2.1 2400

Case: Goldship Cool Case (Silver) with 500W PSU

Monitor: DELL FP2001 LCD 20.1" @ 1600x1200x32

Monitor2: Apple 23" Cinema HD Display @ 1920x1440x32 using DVI-D

Webcam: Apple iSight

Firewire: Orange Micro OrangeLink Firewire PCI Board

I got leopard to boot thought it was all good.. but nooo of course not!!! lolthis is rediculous i cant stand this anymore. Now when it boots I get to the "Do You Already Own a Mac" screen and hit continue, it sits there for a minute or 2 then....... It loops back to the intro video and starts the whole keyboard process over again. It is immensely {censored} to the highest degree of immense gayness... Yeah, its up there..Anyone ever hear of this?it might help to add that my specs areBad Axe27900 GSQ66004GIG RAMand I did the kalyway/brazil dvd

Works Perfect for me!

First i have Install 10.5.1 Flat Image! Then Install EFI from Uphuck

Leo 10.5.1 updated via Software Update!

Leo Rocks

Mainboard: Asrock Conroe1333

Cpu: Core2Duo e4400 @ 2400 Ghz (OC)

Ram: 2GB Dual Channel ddr2

GMA 950 works Perfect

Fast as hell!

I also use Asrock Conroe 1333 DVI/H R 2.0, and using Flat image, upgrade to EFI 5.2

than Apple 10.5.1 update. Almost everything runs, but still have 2 known issues.

- Can't choose resolution, fixed in 1024x768x32@60Hz (In my 15 inch LCD monitor, usable for me).

- DVD Player will hang. Now, using VLC to view DVD player.

Do you have similar issue?

I also use Asrock Conroe 1333 DVI/H R 2.0, and using Flat image, upgrade to EFI 5.2

than Apple 10.5.1 update. Almost everything runs, but still have 2 known issues.

- Can't choose resolution, fixed in 1024x768x32@60Hz (In my 15 inch LCD monitor, usable for me).

- DVD Player will hang. Now, using VLC to view DVD player.

Do you have similar issue?

Same board as myself. You need to use the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext from the ToH DVD, I believe it's the same as from Tiger. This will allow you to change resolution, but will give you some slight display artifacts. You will also need to use the special Natit for GMA950.

Anyone with laptops know of a way to have the fan work properly? Sometimes it runs ok, and other times when it kicks on it dosn't go off till a reboot.

I think it has something to do with an AppleCPU-something or AppleThermal-something .kext. Using an older version might work... or removing the file entirely.

Sorry I can't help more, but I just remember something like that being mentioned somewhere...

I was just searching around a place the rhymes with "Byrate Day" and did a search for "format make bootable hd". This should help you all in your search for Kalyway.

Extra wink wink wink!! :);) ;)

-Stell

hey, thanks for this tip, can you give a tip on where to find this " 1 Copy of a properly prepared Brazilmac disk"

thanks

Well, I gave up on the Kalyway disc, and used the mac.nub to format the hard disk. BrazilMac wouldn't boot as it kernel panicked, so I installed from the ToH instead but replaced all the kexts with those from the BrazilMac DVD. Then I followed the rest of the guide for setting up efi.. and it works! I'm extremely happy! Full EFI, vanilla kernel and I've got a Mac Prop apparently :)

Thanks Onetrack, and everybody else who gave some useful pointers. Now I just need to make myself an installation DVD that has all the stuff my system needs.

i thought EFI was only for G5s and not INTEL based boards...

Is your drive already formatted as NTFS?

If so you should download the gparted live cd from here and format your drive as fat32 first. then it will be recognized by kalyway

IF... the kalyway disk called "Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard" don't recognizes the disk on the machine, what is the manual replacement method to override the problem?

Is your drive already formatted as NTFS?

If so you should download the gparted live cd from here and format your drive as fat32 first. then it will be recognized by kalyway

Onetrack,

the Kalyway bootCD not recognizes any partition on the entire disk!!! other 10.4.X installer recognize the disk on sata conroller (965),not the Kalyway disk!

is not a partition problem, i answer if exist an other method to patch, or a new version of that bootcd.

tnx again

theSLug

Other people have gotten it to work on the p965 chipset - have you tried switching sata to ahci ?

Keep in mind my guide is written for the gigabyte 945 board - if you're using anything else you're venturing into unknown territory - while some have gotten it to work i would suggest that you're in for some issues during your build.

Onetrack,

the Kalyway bootCD not recognizes any partition on the entire disk!!! other 10.4.X installer recognize the disk on sata conroller (965),not the Kalyway disk!

is not a partition problem, i answer if exist an other method to patch, or a new version of that bootcd.

tnx again

theSLug

I have tried several times to install leopard without success. (Installation completes but won't but finish properly). Not done trouble shooting yet but wondering if this works would save me the trouble of finding the Kalyway disk (have had no luck finding the create boot CD disk so far.)

I'm just wondering if anyone could help figure this out:

1) the kalyway disk is only needed if you don't have a working OSX installation. If you have already have a working OSX installation then theoretically you can skip this step. Is that assumption correct and just install leopard.

2) You can install PC-EFI in tiger. If you do this what would stop you from installing OSX on your x86 hardware from the original unmodified OSX installation disk? You already have an EFI emulator installed that should in theory allow you to install OSX. Am I making a wrong assumption somewhere?

Thanks to all in this community for making this work. Awesome work!

hey, thanks for this tip, can you give a tip on where to find this " 1 Copy of a properly prepared Brazilmac disk"

thanks

I can't find this on the other site as well. I'm not sure if I am looking wrong but I did a search for Brazilmac and nothing for a full image comes up. Just something you can use to install from a windows partition.

ALL THE KEXTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE IRC CHANNEL #LEOPARD ON THE SERVER IRC.OSX86.HU

WHEN ENTERING THE CHANNEL LOOK IN THE TOPIC FOR THE FILES. DON'T ASK, PEOPLE WON'T ANSWER YOU. AND IF THEY DO, THEY WILL RESPOND WITH, "TOPIC".

THAT IS ALL.

-Stell

this IRC is like listening to a bunch of 15 year girls converse....there are no links to the files on the "TOPIC" section which is at the top of chat right?