BCM5906

Azurael

235 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
we can make a donation pot for who came with a good driver.

Im defo up for that. No1 will develop a driver simply to satisfy people " who from china desperate get driver. send me driver when done. Thanks" 

I-N-C-E-N-T-I-V-E

How would we do it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've really never understand why the hell are they making so much versions of this damn simple ethernet cards and puts different models on every different laptops........ i've got a Lenovo N200 769 EMG for my friend which has 14e4 dev id: 1713 BCM5906m Broadcom NetLink Fast Ethernet whatever but this damn thing wont work!

As i see here many people has same or kinda ethernet devices and cant get it work.. Are we going to buy a usb ethernet or something like that or is there will be a hero to solve this problem? o.o

Yep gotta add me to the list, I bought a cheap Acer Aspire 5315-2639 and everything works on it except the LAN: Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet (14E4:1713)

So i guess if we keep posting maybe someone will notice all the unique users from all parts of the world need this and looks to be a thorn in our side for the future of a lot of new laptops out on the market. This is not the first and im sure i wont be the last to suggest that it would be a big hit to the OS X Community if this could be correct.

Good Luck and hope to hear good news soon!

May the Kext be with you !

Yep gotta add me to the list, I bought a cheap Acer Aspire 5315-2639 and everything works on it except the LAN: Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet (14E4:1713)

So i guess if we keep posting maybe someone will notice all the unique users from all parts of the world need this and looks to be a thorn in our side for the future of a lot of new laptops out on the market. This is not the first and im sure i wont be the last to suggest that it would be a big hit to the OS X Community if this could be correct.

Good Luck and hope to hear good news soon!

May the Kext be with you !

I'm assuming that your wireless isn't working either, correct? I have the same cheap laptop and neither is working at the moment. Someone is writing a driver for the wireless card, though.

I'm assuming that your wireless isn't working either, correct? I have the same cheap laptop and neither is working at the moment. Someone is writing a driver for the wireless card, though.

I have a friend that has the same laptop, he was over today. I managed to get the card to detect and it came up with a mac address of 00:00:00:00:00 which then prompty froozed out mac. I inserted the id 1434:1713 into the broadcom kext file to make it do that. So there may still be luck yet to come!