BCM5906

Azurael

235 posts in this topic

Hello again, And where was our beloved driver? it is best to forget this driver and buy another card or pc, because it seems that no one will build the driver.

dude. chill. It's not "our beloved driver". It's his driver he's working on for himself as a SIDE PROJECT, and he's gracious enough to share the end result with us when he finishes one that meets his satisfaction.

Does it suck that there isn't a working ethernet driver for OS X? Yes. Does it suck that we've been waiting for so long? Yes. Does he owe us an explanation? No.

Yes, I can see you're frustrated and impatient. Surprise surprise, so is everyone else reading this thread, including yours truly.

I'd like to dual boot windows and mac, but i'm holding off until ethernet's possible.

If you're really that antsy, try doing something yourself. He's just one guy learning this stuff as he goes along. If I had a rudimentary level of programming experience I'd totally be trying to do the same as him.

TLDR: Chill, Nachodriver, DIY

wingrunr21 I am more than willing to contriubute some money for your effort. Please let me know where I can send some $ if everyone in here were to donate 5 bucks or so I sure and wingrunr21 would really appreciate it.

keep up the good work wingrunr21.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Are you sure??? I hope not... i need this driver too... :rolleyes:

All i needed to try and code this driver was the Broadcom 5906M datasheet. But I couldn't find it. I know how an ethernet driver works. I tried, I got the MAC address from my driver, but my ehternet rebooted sometime after I initialized it and all the settings were lost. With the datasheet, I think I can manage to get it work. If someone can get/find/etc it, please send it to me.

:D:):whistle: :whistle: :tomato: I found the datasheet, now its slashack's turn. I hope he can help us...

According to wingrunr21, his drivers does almost everything except for alloc/init tx/rx rings and receive/send data. There are two working drivers for this network cards, one for linux, and one for bsd. So somewhere, the code is done. There are also working ethernet drivers for mac. Now it's a matter of reading the datasheet, understand what wingrunr21 was doing, understand how ethernet drivers works in mac, see how linux and bsd guys did it, and just put the right code in the right place.

I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...