New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

Slice i dont think u had my word before.

anyway im back to ATINDRV .10 which gives me artifacts under time machine and games :guitar: that sucks.

Now I hear :(

My new project will be ATINDRV like. I'll try to make it X1600AGP compatible.

About ATILead120. Your test is failed as I understand and I shall be very thank you if you tell me exactly a moment at crash. It is not Leo vs Tiger problem cause you successfully use my drivers compiled under Tiger.

Did you try in terminal ?

sudo kextload -t ATILead.kext

so SLice first i think ATINDRV is a huge yard and will ask a lot of work (Framebuffer) but if u suceed i respect u; anyway i'll keep using 2D from now on. Cause I dont wanna use blurry effect of ATINDRV 10.4.5.

About IONDRVSUpport ive made test on my mac book pro and i confirm that version 1.4.3 aka 10.4.5 works on Leopard 10.5.2 even on real mac without a glitch. So if u wanna dig in IONDRVSupport just think about AGP nothin has to be added else it works fine even in "mixed" kext mode.

About the ATILead it's weirdo. I'll make the ioreg tonite once im done at work ie kextload -t.

Take into account that new version of IONDRVSupport contains more correct support for sleep function and new pixel formats. May be other improvements.

Hi Slice,

Once again thank you for answering my questions! Here are some more ;-)

2 Never Mind

You are on a right way but did mistakes.

You are wrong. This is for ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin. Not for ATIRadeon9700.kext - revert it!

Okay, I changed the Info.plist file back to the original, I left my DeviceID in there.

So now the IONDRVSupport.kext was in place, the ATIRadeon9700.kext as well, and the ATIRadeon9700 file has been patched with the two perl commands (the second pair of perl commands from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry685498 actually, as the first two perl commands didn't change anything).

Then I did a rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext before rebooting (this needs to be done?)

Well after booting I still can't start the Leopard DVD player (a valid video device could not be found). I also tried the VLC player, and that only works (sound only) if I turn off video..

System profiler gives:

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4a49

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

From IOREG:

| | | +-o ATIRadeon9700 <class ATIRadeon9700, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

| | | | +-o IONDRVFramebuffer <class IONDRVFramebuffer, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

(IONDRVSupport not mention there, just the above IONDRVFramebuffer, not sure if this is correct?)

From kextstat:

72 0 0x1522a000 0x53000 0x52000 com.apple.ATIRadeon9700 (5.1.8) <56 55 17 12 4 2>

6 1 0x14c9c000 0xf000 0xe000 com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport (1.4.3) <55 17 7 6 5 4>

Can you make anything out of this information? |-)

Any other hints to get this working? Do you need more info from me?

This is "Change resolution" property for another driver of class "Framebuffer". For you it is Callisto v8 but it is not compatible with AGP yet. Work in progress.

What do you prefer to have "Change resolution" or "Hardware QE/CI" with "DVD playback"?

Well, let's first get one working, then the other ;-)

But I really also would like to change resolution & refresh rate t.b.h., 60hz it tires the eyes and 1024x768 really isn't a decent resolution ! ;-)

Do you have a link to where Callisto v8 can be downloaded? Then I can follow the work in progress there :D

Many thanks again!

Regards,

N.M.

Slice here is what kextload says

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/ATILead.kext

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATILead.kext has problems:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

}

Hi Slice,

<dict>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOFramebuffer</string>

</dict>

Ah, sorry, I didn't get it before as I didn't realize that there was a .plugin directory as well, so I didn't understand it was referring to this one. So I change it into the above in the Info.plist in the GA.plugin directory.

Still, after reboot, no luck...

This has been done:

ATIRadeon9700.kext : DeviceID in Info.plist, ATIRadeon9700 patched with perl commands

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin : changed the above lines in its Info.plist

IONDRVSupport.kext : 'installed' this one instead of one that was there

Any ideas left? What to check? What to change?

Otherwise I'll give up I guess, can't keep bugging you forever ;-)

Many many thanks for your help!!

Cheers, N.M.

Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I have a X1950 AGP 512mb on a 4coredual-VSTA board and cannot get Kalyway 10.5.1 to boot after install.

Fails with the "you must press power button to restart etc"

I think its because of my craphics card being AGP?

So is there anyway I can load a driver for it? and if so how?

(complete noob with OSX)

Any help will be greatly appreciated ;)

Slice here is what kextload says

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/ATILead.kext

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATILead.kext has problems:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

}

It is simple question even for noob.

I write in info.plist dependency IOPCIFamily 2.4.4 as I have.

You may

1. Write your version

2. Use my version of IOPCI. Why not???? Do you still have slow computer?

Ah, sorry, I didn't get it before as I didn't realize that there was a .plugin directory as well, so I didn't understand it was referring to this one. So I change it into the above in the Info.plist in the GA.plugin directory.

Still, after reboot, no luck...

This has been done:

ATIRadeon9700.kext : DeviceID in Info.plist, ATIRadeon9700 patched with perl commands

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin : changed the above lines in its Info.plist

IONDRVSupport.kext : 'installed' this one instead of one that was there

Any ideas left? What to check? What to change?

Otherwise I'll give up I guess, can't keep bugging you forever ;-)

You probably made all that necessory. I propose you to check twice that kexts is loaded and influence on somehow. What about repair permissions?

Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I have a X1950 AGP 512mb on a 4coredual-VSTA board and cannot get Kalyway 10.5.1 to boot after install.

Fails with the "you must press power button to restart etc"

I think its because of my craphics card being AGP?

So is there anyway I can load a driver for it? and if so how?

(complete noob with OSX)

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

First of all boot with key -s to see when system crashed.

Hi

I booted with -x (sorry thought thats what you said) and its booted up but with no sound device installed.

Is -x safe mode? network is working tho.

Not sure about display driver how would I check?

Sorry for being such a noob but at least im typin this from safari now so thats a start ...

Hi

I booted with -x (sorry thought thats what you said) and its booted up but with no sound device installed.

Is -x safe mode? network is working tho.

Not sure about display driver how would I check?

Sorry for being such a noob but at least im typin this from safari now so thats a start ...

O, yes, -x is a safe mode with only needed driver. Without sound and video drivers. As you can boot so your video driver is not good. It is a deep story not for the thread. if you would have success without AGP driver but problems with it come here to discuss.

Hi, been away from my comp for few days, but I'm back!

2 DanDRof can u tell me precisely the version of ATINDRV u run i mean under system profiler, in fact with 10.5.2 ATINDRV I get tearing under Tomb raider Anniversary. Im back to an older ATINDRV but seems to freeze now :unsure: maybe a bug of the grafic update arf.

I dont want to get back to ATINDRV 10.4.5 cause this one gives blurry effect on my LCD 82cm !! :'( damit

I use the vanilla ATINDRV.kext found in the combo update 10.4.5 from Apple, you can extract it with Pacifist.

Also I did some new test with the new material!

Leo 10.5.2

AGPGart 2.6.5.f -> AGP_Base_0xf0000000

IONDRVsupport -> From Slice (V2)

atindrv 10.4.5

IOGraphicsFamily -> Vanilla 10.5.2/Graph Update 1.0

Graph kext -> Vanilla 10.5.2/Graph update 1.0 with mod to ATIRadeonX1000.kext with 71C2 key added

Boot w/o problems, get to the GUI and can use the OS.

Tearing: No

Shading (OpenGL Standard): 1509

GioFX: 438

Leo 10.5.2

AGPGart 2.6.5.b2 -> AGP_Base_0xf0000000

IONDRVsupport -> From Slice (V1441)

atindrv 10.4.5

Graph kext -> Vanilla 10.5.2/Graph update 1.0 with mod to ATIRadeonX1000.kext with 71C2 key added

Boot to the BSOD (for the noobs, Blue Screen Of Death), nothing can be done except reset.

Tearing: NA

Shading (OpenGL Standard): NA

GioFX: NA

Leo 10.5.2

AGPGart 2.6.5.f -> AGP_Base_0xf0000000

IONDRVsupport -> From Slice (V1441)

atindrv 10.4.5

Boot w/o problems, get to blue screen with mouse, with blind clicks, can close the computer and GUI breifly appears when I do so.

Tearing: None visible

Shading (OpenGL Standard): NA

GioFX: NA

Hope this help you Slice!

Dandruff_setup_9.zip

2 Dan Druff

Yes, I know that IONDRVSupport 1441 doesn't work with ATIRadeonX1600 and other dual head Radeons.

But sorry, I didn't prepare new version yet. No time for deep programming.

For you and Toadspit some question.

Did you ever try to replace OpenGL.framework to version from 10.4.6 or early?

Slice i just bought a fresh config for 200 euros :(

PCIE mobo, 8600GT and no more AGP bug :)

Congratulation! It is the best solution.

If I'll buy new laptop the AGP development will be finished.

For you and Toadspit some question. Did you ever try to replace OpenGL.framework to version from 10.4.6 or early?
yes I did with 10.4.9; result: a sort of metaphysical screen, made of white and black squares.sorry don't know how to describe it better! ;)
Congratulation! It is the best solution.If I'll buy new laptop the AGP development will be finished.
nooo slice don't do something you would be sorrow of! :P

yes I did with 10.4.9; result: a sort of metaphysical screen, made of white and black squares.sorry don't know how to describe it better! :blink:nooo slice don't do something you would be sorrow of! :P

:D

I continue working.

I need some new information what to do. I can't change anything based on short reports. And I don't see any troubles in ioreg and dmesg. What other information can you give me?

Dear Slice,

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Ppl on IRC told me that you might help.

I finally got Tiger 10.4.11 works well on my ThinkPad T30.

The only staff i dont like is ATI 7500 16MB. Everything i have tried don't really help.

I have installed ATI pak, ATI tool.. I can see my graphic as correct ATI 7500 AGP 16MB in the sys info. But QE still unavailable and chess is not working well, i can NOT even move the figures and board. Here is a million instructions with even more dead links. Could you give me some clue how to do it in a correct way.

Thank you again.

Does any one know if the intel CM965/PM965/GL965 graphics card work, and what drivers should i load, at the momment i get the blue screen and cursor, then just a black screen!Please help!<DIV id=main><H1 class=pagetitle>Maybe this would help, but im a noob, and have no clue as to what goes where...Intel Linux Graphics Driver Installation Guide</H1><DIV class=content><DIV class=dashboard id=component-mainpage>1. IntroductionIn general, Intel graphics driver is well integrated in Linux distributions so users won't worry about the driver setup.This guide is for those users who would like to build the latest driver from scratch. This will be useful when trying the upstream stuff and customize the graphics driver.Section 3 is for people who only need build the 2D driver to try a new 2D feature or bug fix. Section 4 and 5 are for people who want to build the whole stack including 3D.2. Getting sourceTo make the Intel graphics chipset work, below components are needed:1, kernel module agpgart and drm;<SPAN lang=EN-US style="mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN">The source of kernel modules is included in Linux kernel. If they have been built into kernel or built as kernel modules, you need not recompile them. Agpgart is only available from kernel source, but drm can be downloaded standalone.

2 Odessamarin

I think a best place for your question here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=24574

find about CoreGraphics/../Configuration.plist were for QE you must have 64Mb VRAM.

About AGPGart - I don't know your configuration (chipset DeviceID/VendorID). To find it make

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregOdessa.txt

Zip it and upload here.

How many times I tell it for novice!!!

2 Araikus

Same claim to you.

Linux driver is not reliable for MacOSX in any way. You need to search AppleIntelGMAXXX driver. I am not sure you really need AGPGart.