New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone a copy of HackintoshAGP or SiSAGP sources ?

With the end of geocities I lost my own source code.

I'm willing to come back to hackintosh scene (now I have a Intel 865G system)

someone might remember me from osx86dev forum (I was emersonfxbx user there)

Hello EmersonFXBX,

Here is your sources

SiSAGP.zip

HackintoshAGP.zip

Hello again.

Slice, please:

If i understand correctly Agpgart has nothing to do with QE/CI, Thats its something to resolve with injectors like Nvinject..etc, right?

After qe/ci enable we can use agpgart for better performances, i'm rigth?

Agpgart works with this configuration core2quad+via chipset+nvidia 7600gt agp+10.5.6?

Thank you

I have successful reports with ATI Radeon @ Tiger but I have no successful report with nVidia @ Leopard. Don't know why.

I stopped the developement because

1. I made all possible coding accoding chipsets specifications. I don't know what to do else.

2. I don't know protocols of Apple's video drivers. Does they use AGP capabilities?

3. I have no AGP computer to test my driver for other cards. Remote testing didn't give me information what is wrong. Some other programmer with such computer is needed to continue.

4. My first purpose to make my Radeon IGP (some kind of AGP) working is almost fulfilled. I have AGP acceleration, I can play DVD, I can launch some OpenGL applications. I have no very good video driver and it seems to be impossible.

It works only in Tiger. Let it be at this level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and a Sapphire 1650 Pro 0x71c6... I tried at least 10 kext but I couldn't find the right one. It always goes in Panic at startup...can someone pls help me??? thank you!!!!

You have non-native DeviceID. You have to patch ATIRadeonX1000.kext binary to replace 71c5 to 71c6.

I'm having trouble booting with AGPGart 2.7.1, it alwas freezes on AGPVIA version 3AGPVIA get aperture...

Aperture size in bios is set to 32MB, but I also tried 64 an 128.

I'm using ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x for my ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB (ID 9596).

Any hints?

Hey Slice,

can you help me out with this?

I finally managed to enable qe/ci but still cant get agpgart to work.

post-91183-1269911342_thumb.png

Hi, Slice..

Thanks for your excellent works. I just tried 2.71, and seems that there is nothing happened.

My mobe is Intel 865 chipset, and OS is 10.4.8. Just wonder should I also installed "IOPCIFamily.kext v244 for Tiger"?

Btw, about the base_host, I just checked the info.plist, the default value is 0. My graphic card is 6800GT 256MB, if it's right to change value from 0 -> 256??

Thanks a lot!!

• 2 months later...

hi !

I'm new here and I installed iatkos v7 but the video driver doesn't working...I have a radeon hd 3650 agp...I installed ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x...but it didn't recognize it....and then installed AGPGart 2.71 and MAC doesn't boot..I installed AGPGart using Kext Helper b7...

look at the picture...in that line Mac stuck...

post-628360-1276200208_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello Slice,

Quick question, I have AGPGart 2.7.1 on my extensions folder, but on boot I see that it picks the ATIRadeon9700 kext to run (on kextstat it shows this and not AGPGart).

I'm running SL 10.5.6 and have ATI RADEON 9600 XP AGP 256mb. The question is, why the boot doesn't pick the AGPGart kext?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading older posts and you had said that QE will never work with the Radeon Mobility 9000lf. Is there any chance that you have made some headway and now it might work? I will try installing your new AGPGart and submit reports, if you think that that would help.

• 1 month later...
I have been reading older posts and you had said that QE will never work with the Radeon Mobility 9000lf. Is there any chance that you have made some headway and now it might work? I will try installing your new AGPGart and submit reports, if you think that that would help.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...13238&st=0#

• 9 months later...

Hello slice, and thanx for all your hard work!

I have attempted to use various versions of your AGPGart kext and am not having much luck (2.7.0 gives me hope; 2.7.1 seems not to work for me). I've been using DSDT injection for graphics, but if I get AGPGart to load, I cannot use DSDT injection, GraphicsEnabler, NVCAP string in boot.plist, or hex string in boot.plist. I did manage to get resolution working with a combination of dsdt injection + nvcap string, but perhaps I'm doing some things wrong.

I must admit, I don't fully understand how I should go about adjusting the values of AGPGart, so I may be messing up on that end. Additionally, out of all the aforementioned ways I have to get graphics working (full qe/ci etc), s-video doesn't work for any of them.

Here's my system specs:

• 845G / ICH4 (spoofed as ICH8 for several devices)
  • eGeforce 6200 LE 128MB AGP
  • Pentium 4 Northwood (SSE2-only)
  • 2GB DDR Ram (Chameleon detects as 0mb, and profiler has trouble seeing it, too)

If it'd help to look at my DSDT, ioreg, or other system info, I have all those files posted in this thread - (I've only changed a few minor things to the DSDT, like removing the secondary display tags since it's only got 1 vga port).

My AGPGart Info.plist has the following in it:

<key>AGP_Base</key>
<integer>0xf0000000</intiger>
<key>AGP_Mode</key>
<integer>4294967295</integer>
<key>IOAGPFlags</key>
<integer>1</integer>

Here's a list of all the combinations I tried.

If I boot with...

AGPGart + no injections/enablers = I get VESA graphics + System Profiler reports AGP as 256MB

AGPGart + DSDT GFX = I get black screen w/ movable cursor, then flashes blue then black again w/ smaller cursor

AGPGart + Graphics Enabler = I get VESA only + System Profiler reports AGP as 256MB

AGPGart + NVCAP in boot.plist = VESA + Profiler reports 256

AGPGart + NVCAP in boot.plist + GraphicsEnabler = Profiler reports 256

AGPGart + NVCAP in boot.plist + DSDT Injection = Screen goes blue, then black w/ smaller cursor than res boots

AGPGart + NVCAP in boot.plist + NVCAP Hex = No display at all

AGPGart + NVCAP + Hex + GraphicsEnabler = No display at all

AGPGart + NVCAP + Hex + GraphicsEnabler + DSDT = full res (no QE/CI) but profiler crashes on graphic displays

AGPGart + NVCAP + Hex + DSDT = full res (no QE/CI) and profiler crashes when selecting 'Graphics / Displays'

AGPGart + Hex = no display

AGPGart + Hex + GraphicsEnabler = no display

AGPGart + Hex + GraphicsEnabler + DSDT = full res (no QE/CI) + Profiler crashes on 'displays'

AGPGart + Hex + DSDT = full res (noQE/CI) + profiler crash

I just went back and tried booting w/ just the hex and/or nvcap in my boot.plist (no dsdt injection, and no agpgart), and apparently they don't work - I must've made it wrong (d'oh), but I'm keeping all the data in case it helps someone point me in the right direction of things.

How I (improperly, albiet) made my NVCAP/Hex:

1) Downloaded GPU-Z in windows and saved the video card's bios (NV44.bin)

2) Renamed to NV44.rom and used NVCAP Maker 1.4

3) Used gfxutil to convert NVCAP to hex.

So either GPU-Z didn't dump the bios properly, or NVCAP Maker can't read it for my card. I'm out of cigarettes now, so I'll post this as I run to the store :(

*Update* I used a different utility to dump the BIOS and got a diff NVCAP value - still no change. Hrmm...

• 1 month later...
Hi

Just updated a machine to ideneb 10.5.6 and if I use AGPgart to get my X1650 AGP card to work it freezes on bootup using -x -v I get the message:

AGP: Found VIA VT83xx/VT87xx/KTxxx/Px8xx host to PCI bridge

AGP create nub for AGP Card=71c71002 bus= cap=88

If I dont use AGPgart it works fine just cannot use anything other then basic 1024x768.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

I have same problem :/ Help Please!