New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

my third and last post :)

My EDIT in prevoius post was wrong.

Now I'm back to the working configuration: AGP + QE/CI. So Natit loads! And still OpenGL crashes.

Benchmark tests confirm the result.

In attachment: screenshot of the system profiler and a ZIP with kextstat, ioreg and dmesg.

Slice: what's next????

Open Console and study Crash.log.

"choosePixelFormat"?

NEXT

I tried with your latest agpgart 265, with the iopcifamily kext from the first post, I get into the desktop and agp is working but when I use 64mb or 128mb agpap size I get a black screen on display 1 and a blue screen on display 2, also nvhal or geforce kexts are loading. This is with i865 chipset. Also only software ci and no qe.

dmesgJaS.txt.zip

ioregJaS.txt.zip

same result with 265b here is my ioreg

I see

AGPINTEL: aperture [00000000, 08000000]
AGPINTEL trace PCI space
(00)=25708086   (04)=20900006   (08)=06000002   (0c)=00000000   
(10)=00000008   (14)=00000000   (18)=00000000   (1c)=00000000

aper_ADDR=0 ?

And you have working OpenGL???

Try to set manually AGP_BASE=0xe0000000 or 0xf0000000

I tried with your latest agpgart 265, with the iopcifamily kext from the first post, I get into the desktop and agp is working but when I use 64mb or 128mb agpap size I get a black screen on display 1 and a blue screen on display 2, also nvhal or geforce kexts are loading. This is with i865 chipset. Also only software ci and no qe.

JaS! You are my door into hackintosh :soldiers: And now you are my client?! :P

With aperture out of range 32..128Mb AGP not works so you have sofware QE/CI.

With right aperture you have black screen 1 and blue screen 2.

I previously explain to Toadspit with the same nVidia that blue screen is Framebuffer issue. But I first time encounter with two monitors system. Two framebuffers except OpenGL framebuffers...

And the same question as to Cyclonefr. You have zero aperture. Can you try manually 0xd0000000, 0xe0000000 or 0xf0000000?

Your VRAM

({"address"=0xffffffffc0000000,"length"=0x10000000}),

xbench crash log (sorry don't know where to look) ;)

This is new for me

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.GeForceFXGLDriver 	0x1499995b gldDestroyVertexArray + 38494
1   com.apple.GeForceFXGLDriver 	0x1498be0a gldAttachDrawable + 126

May be xbench uses OpenGL commands non-supported by 6200?

Try other OpenGL applications: Chess, DVDplayer, OpenGL Extension Viewer, GioFX OpenMark

NEXT

GioFX_OpenMark.zip

Try other OpenGL applications: Chess, DVDplayer, OpenGL Extension Viewer, GioFX OpenMark

@Slice: it can't be:

1. xbench works perfectly without AGPGart, just with QE/CI!

2. OpenGL Extension Viewer: same behaviour. Here is his Crash Report, crashing on another command:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   <<00000000>> 	0x01a948f8 0 + 27871480
1   GLRendererFloat          	0x0175f812 gldFPEmulateScanline + 424
2   GLRendererFloat          	0x01761e7d gldTesselateShade + 3294

Other hints: I tried Titan, Natit, NVInject. Only Natit works.

Titan: always hangs on blue screen

NVInject: sometimes hangs on blue, sometimes on black, sometimes KP (!). Never worked for me.

Natit: not always works. Sometimes hang on black.

What's the difference between the three?? Why Natit works and other don't?

:D

@Jas: why don't you try with Natit (mine was 0.1) and see if you can boot in normal mode?

Maybe you can enter GUI too.

@Slice: it can't be:

1. xbench works perfectly without AGPGart, just with QE/CI!

2. OpenGL Extension Viewer: same behaviour. Here is his Crash Report, crashing on another command:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   <<00000000>> 	0x01a948f8 0 + 27871480
1   GLRendererFloat          	0x0175f812 gldFPEmulateScanline + 424
2   GLRendererFloat          	0x01761e7d gldTesselateShade + 3294

Other hints: I tried Titan, Natit, NVInject. Only Natit works.

Titan: always hangs on blue screen

NVInject: sometimes hangs on blue, sometimes on black, sometimes KP (!). Never worked for me.

Natit: not always works. Sometimes hang on black.

What's the difference between the three?? Why Natit works and other don't?

;)

@Jas: why don't you try with Natit (mine was 0.1) and see if you can boot in normal mode?

Maybe you can enter GUI too.

Here is more natits. For me best is natit-uni.1.0

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36886.html

Here is more natits. For me best is natit-uni.1.0

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36886.html

No better luck.

Question again: why Natit works and Titan and NVInject don't?

Slice: couldn't be because of load order? Natit loading at the right moment (before AGPGart?) and other no, so resetting wrong values?

If I'm not wrong load order depends on IOProbeScore:

Natit: <key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>0</integer>

NVInject: <key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>60000</integer>

BUT:

Titan: <key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>0</integer>

If I'm right Titan should work, but it does not. Blue screen.

What do you think?

No better luck.

Question again: why Natit works and Titan and NVInject don't?

Slice: couldn't be because of load order? Natit loading at the right moment (before AGPGart?) and other no, so resetting wrong values?

If I'm not wrong load order depends on IOProbeScore:

Natit: IOProbeScore

NVInject: IOProbeScore

BUT:

Titan: IOProbeScore

If I'm right Titan should work, but it does not. Blue screen.

What do you think?

Ver-r-ry interesting observation. With the same ProbeScore boot priority depends on alphabet.

Natit loaded before Titan. And this key influence

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Local-Root</string>

First "Root", second "Local-Root" then others.

And more.

Any driver can decrease own score

*score 		-= 100;

It is not answer, only explanation.

Did you compare

<key>entriesToAdd</key>

of Titan and Natit?

May be answer here

I see

AGPINTEL: aperture [00000000, 08000000]
AGPINTEL trace PCI space
(00)=25708086   (04)=20900006   (08)=06000002   (0c)=00000000   
(10)=00000008   (14)=00000000   (18)=00000000   (1c)=00000000

aper_ADDR=0 ?

And you have working OpenGL???

Try to set manually AGP_BASE=0xe0000000 or 0xf0000000

JaS! You are my door into hackintosh ;) And now you are my client?! :)

With aperture out of range 32..128Mb AGP not works so you have sofware QE/CI.

With right aperture you have black screen 1 and blue screen 2.

I previously explain to Toadspit with the same nVidia that blue screen is Framebuffer issue. But I first time encounter with two monitors system. Two framebuffers except OpenGL framebuffers...

And the same question as to Cyclonefr. You have zero aperture. Can you try manually 0xd0000000, 0xe0000000 or 0xf0000000?

Your VRAM

({"address"=0xffffffffc0000000,"length"=0x10000000}),

This is new for me

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.GeForceFXGLDriver 	0x1499995b gldDestroyVertexArray + 38494
1   com.apple.GeForceFXGLDriver 	0x1498be0a gldAttachDrawable + 126

Tried setting it manual but no difference also I see this

kernel[0]: NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel exception! status = 0xffff info32 = 0x6 = Fifo: Parse Error

kernel[0]: 0000000b

in my log.

Keep up the good work. Hope this works for us i865 chipset users some day lol.

I am not sure that support for i860 included in the driver. I know 845, 855, 865, 875, 848... I need you ioreg (see topic) to check.

Other problem. First of all you need to get QE/CI w/o AGPGart. For example koverg.patch

And more... For SSE2 you must replace bundles and frameworks to good version. It's a complex task!

sorry bout that, took a much needed few days break after being consumed with the hackintoshes for months.

at any rate, please find attached my ioreg as requested w/ v2.60 (from post 138).

Regarding QE/CI which would be nice to get working if possible. I've read a bunch of threads on the 9800 pro/9700 pro ATI r350 core and i get conflicting reports on what exactly i need and if it all will work or not in the end. most of the threads i have read end up that its a "dead end" if you or anyone can point me to the versions and what kexts/frameworks/bundles i need i'd appreciate it very much. the 9800 pro aiw wasn't the greatest of cards but it still works just fine for the most part on the pc side, i'd rather not spend the money on an already old machine "if can i help it".

;)

edit: i think i used improper syntax with the ioreg , i did it again and updated the file below

ioreg.txt.zip

JAS u still run ur i865 (i cant find it in your sig) ;) back from nowhere, what happened to u? Ive never left the ship and im still there hoping i865 will finally get AGP support. Maybe ur friend OMNI can help us? im also having 5 iphones and waitin for SDK :)

sorry bout that, took a much needed few days break after being consumed with the hackintoshes for months.

at any rate, please find attached my ioreg as requested w/ v2.60 (from post 138).

Regarding QE/CI which would be nice to get working if possible. I've read a bunch of threads on the 9800 pro/9700 pro ATI r350 core and i get conflicting reports on what exactly i need and if it all will work or not in the end. most of the threads i have read end up that its a "dead end" if you or anyone can point me to the versions and what kexts/frameworks/bundles i need i'd appreciate it very much. the 9800 pro aiw wasn't the greatest of cards but it still works just fine for the most part on the pc side, i'd rather not spend the money on an already old machine "if can i help it".

:unsure:

As I see your have Host ID=2531 that is not supported yet by AGPGart. If you want I help you, please, make

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregMRoper.txt

the previous one doesn't contain full information. I also can give you an advice what to do with ATIRadeon9700.kext to work with your 9800Pro.

2 Toadspit and other nVidia users.

I found a difference between Natit and NVinject.

The last one have property

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
			<data>
			AAAAIA==
			</data>

I am running around this key and I think it is very significant value to make AGP working.

Set it to your real VRAM_size or double value and test!

I have some advance. I enter desktop with AGPGart+GA + all other for RadeonIGP... as 5 month ago :D

Settings:

I have 1Gb total RAM = 0x40000000

VRAM 128Mb is shared with RAM so

VRAM_addr = 0x38000000 VRAM_size=0x08000000

I patch ATIRadeon8500.kext to make this addresses

AGP_aperture set to 0x04000000 = 64Mb.

In AGPGart.info.plist I write

<key>AGP_Base</key>
		<integer>0x3c000000</integer>

That is VRAM_addr+AGP_aper=0x38000000+0x04000000

This is only value when I see desktop.

I still have a problem with Radeon register 0xF8 = MEM_CONFIG.

The only working value still remain 0x00300000 while randomly I can work with more real value.

Is there anybody ask me why reboot from reboot is differ? :P

I can't enter desktop with any setting if Callisto is loaded! :(

So NOT EVERY FRAMEBUFFER WORKS IN AGP MODE!

NEXT

As I see your have Host ID=2531 that is not supported yet by AGPGart. If you want I help you, please, make

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregMRoper.txt

the previous one doesn't contain full information. I also can give you an advice what to do with ATIRadeon9700.kext to work with your 9800Pro.

Howdy slice, please find attached my new ioreg as requested , thank you i would appreciate any help i can get on this issue

EDIT: on the QE/CI issue, i've given these instructions a shot, seemed ez nuff but i must have missed something, ended up with black screen on reboot. :D

EDIT: ok, i tried netkas smbios, macnub's, and kalyway 10.5.1 smbios, i wasn't able to boot after. For the sake of grabbing the entire dump i used jas 10.4.8 smbios and i think i was able to get the whole of what you needed to see :P thank you as always

ioregMRoper.txt.zip

2 Toadspit and other nVidia users.

I found a difference between Natit and NVinject.

The last one have property

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
			<data>
			AAAAIA==
			</data>

I am running around this key and I think it is very significant value to make AGP working.

Set it to your real VRAM_size or double value and test!

Slice: two news.

1. I got in GUI with Titan and with NVinject too.

It seems that every reboot it is pretty casual if it will succeed or not, Natit is not better than others.

2. I tried NVinject 256 and 512 (my VRAM size is 256). With 256 it hanged up 4 times (2 blacks and 2 blue!)

With 512 I managed to get in GUI, but quite same results like before (no QE/CI, OpenGL tests DON'T crash but slow, and OpenGL Extensions Viewer says "Apple Software Renderer")

I suppose that there is no particular reason why 256 didn't work and 512 did, but it's only my guess.

Anyway, traces of "working" configuration in attachment.

toadspit_512.zip

Slice: there is something weird with AGPGart!

I was trying different values in

<key>AGP_Base</key>

<integer>0</integer>

as I understand if it's not "0" I should find the value i put in AGP_BASE here on verbose screen:

AGPATI: aperture [e8000000, 04000000]

Well, I tried to put in "0xdc0000000", rebooted and in verbose I saw:

Then I tried "0x00000001" and I saw:

AGPATI: aperture [dc000000, 04000000]

Then I tried "0xf0000000" and I saw:

AGPATI: aperture [00000001, 04000000]

Every time the previous value, not the one I set. Is it correct or I am missing smt?

:(

Howdy slice, please find attached my new ioreg as requested , thank you i would appreciate any help i can get on this issue

it's a pity MrRoper but your ioreg is cutted at SMBIOS so I don't see needed values. It occured because you use kirky Paulicat AppleSMBIOS.kext. Use one from Netkas else I can't do anything.

Slice: there is something weird with AGPGart!

I was trying different values in

AGP_Base

as I understand if it's not "0" I should find the value i put in AGP_BASE here on verbose screen:

Well, I tried to put in "0xdc0000000", rebooted and in verbose I saw:

Then I tried "0x00000001" and I saw:

AGPATI: aperture [dc000000, 04000000]

Then I tried "0xf0000000" and I saw:

AGPATI: aperture [00000001, 04000000]

Every time the previous value, not the one I set. Is it correct or I am missing smt?

:P

Toadspit! Did you erase kextcache after all changes in info.plist? It is usual for your situation!

If you have "Apple Software Renderer" so no nVidia driver and GA.plugin is loaded.

OR AGP DON'T WORK WITH APERTURE 256MB AND MORE OR LESS THEN 32MB

In your dmesg I see

AGPATI configure init length 20000000

AGPATI: aperture [e8000000, 02000000]

It seems to be good but I don't see

NVinject: Setting VRAM,totalsize=

Other places?

:hysterical:

Toadspit! Did you erase kextcache after all changes in info.plist? It is usual for your situation!

upps.. :hysterical:

In your dmesg I see

It seems to be good but I don't see

NVinject: Setting VRAM,totalsize=<data not shown>

Other places?

it's before agpgart traces, 25 rows above...

should it be after?

Slice this doesn't work for me under any vram size settings, also I went back and tried older versions such as HackintoshAGP and older. all versions including yours have the same effect. So this is an old bug in the code.

Also it seems most of the source from hackintoshagp's intel code was just copy pasted into the agpgart source, has anyone taken a real look at the intel agp side of this driver ?

it's a pity MrRoper but your ioreg is cutted at SMBIOS so I don't see needed values. It occured because you use kirky Paulicat AppleSMBIOS.kext. Use one from Netkas else I can't do anything.

hmm, sorry bout that slice. please refer back a few posts to #366 , i updated the ioreg dump , hopefully that's what u need

hmm, sorry bout that slice. please refer back a few posts to #366 , i updated the ioreg dump , hopefully that's what u need

OK! Now I have needed informations and adopt AGPGart for you soon.

Slice this doesn't work for me under any vram size settings, also I went back and tried older versions such as HackintoshAGP and older. all versions including yours have the same effect. So this is an old bug in the code.

Also it seems most of the source from hackintoshagp's intel code was just copy pasted into the agpgart source, has anyone taken a real look at the intel agp side of this driver ?

Yes, JaS! I use all available sources of AGP driver:

1. AGPGart by Joblo

2. HackintoshAGP by Emerson

3. Linux Sources different versions.

4. AppleI386PCI by Apple and moded by CSoft

5. AppleMacRiscPCI by Apple - latest version designed for Leo!

And I also read Intel documents "AGP 3.0 specification", "Intel 865 chipset" and also 845, 855, 875.

I study all of then during half a year so I can declare

No new codes is necessary for Intel chipset. The problem is correct address for AGP aperture ( I made customization for the case in v265).

The main problem I see that Framebuffer don't use AGP aperture or reassign values made by AGPGart.

For example. AGP GART table must be 32-bit width. That is registry value

AAPL,gart-width=0x20 or 32(decimal)

but natit sets new value

AAPL,gart-width=0x40 - it is a value for PCIe.

I still didn't catch all conflicts because I have no sources of Framebuffer and GA.plugin. What they do? I have IONDRVFramebuffer - the most working FB driver. It is another story.

Now I am lonely developer hoping only on advanced testers.