New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

Hi Slice.I just installed your AGPGart and it is working on my computer and it works. It shows in System Profiler:ATI Radeon X1600: Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600 Type: Display Bus: AGP VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x71c6 Revision ID: 0x0000 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068 Displays:Display: Resolution: 1024 x 768 Depth: 32-bit Color Core Image: Software Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Quartz Extreme: Not SupportedDisplay Connector:I installed ATIinject.kext that gave me 1024x768 with a bit tearing. After that i installed your AGPGart and that works. It removed the tearing and it shows in system profiler as an AGP card instead of PCI. Downside its shows my card as a x1600 one :SAGPGart is working on my amd64 x2 5400+ Leopard.
It works for me too when QE/CI isn't enabled. Could you try and get your graphics card fully working first without AGPGart installed (QE/CI working) and then install AGPGart and report the result? It would be interesting although im not holding my breath.
AGPGart can give you acceleration, if you already have working graphics driver. Search topics about X1650.Common Sense have a problem with AGPGart in Leo. He has AMD64 too. The problem is under consideration.
It turns out I can change some values in the nvidia class (difference shows up in ioreg) by using NVinject but will it help to change those values? I'm thinking that most likely the nvidia driver doesn't fail because ioreg values are wrong but rather it writes these values because it fails.The problem I guess is the vram on the graphics card that can't be accessed by the graphics card driver. It can write to the framebuffer so it can display something though but once it wants to do OpenGL then it will fail because it obviously needs the ram on the graphics card.

It works for me too when QE/CI isn't enabled. Could you try and get your graphics card fully working first without AGPGart installed (QE/CI working) and then install AGPGart and report the result?

I could not get it working the card better then the 1024x768 mode to say so. I tried many things suggested at forum.insanelymac.com but can't find one that would work. AGPGart is as best how far i made it to work. I removed the ATIinject i think my card works even better without that one. I have no idea howto get QE/CI enabled. When it comes to OS X i am almost a complete n00b, but not with Unix in general. I come from a BSD/Linux background.

Can you please give me some pointers howto get QE/CI enabled?

I could not get it working the card better then the 1024x768 mode to say so. I tried many things suggested at forum.insanelymac.com but can't find one that would work. AGPGart is as best how far i made it to work. I removed the ATIinject i think my card works even better without that one. I have no idea howto get QE/CI enabled. When it comes to OS X i am almost a complete n00b, but not with Unix in general. I come from a BSD/Linux background.

Can you please give me some pointers howto get QE/CI enabled?

Check out http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2312 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ti+radeon+x1600 (here you will find links to a couple of threads that can be helpful) I can't give you much more information on this i'm afraid since I have never owned this card. Good luck!

EDIT: Got a good deal on a motherboard and gfx card so i'm going PCI-E now. This will finally solve the agpgart problem for me. I wish you guys the best of luck in finding the solution to this problem!

EDIT: Got a good deal on a motherboard and gfx card so i'm going PCI-E now. This will finally solve the agpgart problem for me. I wish you guys the best of luck in finding the solution to this problem!

:P

I am lonely developer again?! :(

:)

I am lonely developer again?! :(

uhm there is me, but sorry: I am the slowest tester of the forum! :D

Slice: I finally have a copy of jas 10.4.6 (it is becoming so rare nowadays..)

Tomorrow I hope I'll give you some feedback.

t.

hi

i have a p4 prescotto with asus p4p800 (intel 865pe with AGP)

Nvidia 6200 256mb ultra

i installed correctly leopard ad nvject driver that work. QE/CI enabled with hw accell.

i try agpgart 264 and iopc but can't boot.

Any idea for agpgar for Leo?

hi

i have a p4 prescotto with asus p4p800 (intel 865pe with AGP)

Nvidia 6200 256mb ultra

i installed correctly leopard ad nvject driver that work. QE/CI enabled with hw accell.

i try agpgart 264 and iopc but can't boot.

Any idea for agpgar for Leo?

Upload, please, files from single-user boot with IOPCIFamily244 and AGPGart264

dmesg >dmesgGimox.txt

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregGimox.txt

Zip its before upload!

Did you ever tried AGPGart249 with default IOPCI? If so make me the same files.

@Slice

Ok, I installed JaS 10.4.8. Using IOPCIFamily 1.8, AGPGart 2.1, Callisto 008. My ATI x700 Pro card works fully. Here is my dmesg and ioreg.

EDIT:

Here are my dmesg's from Single User Mode.

EDIT #2:

I tried AGPGart 2.6.4, it worked also, here are my dmesg and ioreg.

EDIT #3:

ok, AGPGart 2.6.4 and IOPCIFamily 2.4.4 work fine with my ATI x700 Pro, but not with my Nvidia 7900GS!!! Since Callisto is controlling my framebuffer, on the x700, i wonder if it has something to do with it?

dmesgAGP21PCI18.txt

ioregAGP21PCI18.txt

dmesgSUMAGP21PCI18_1.txt

dmesgSUMAGP21PCI18_2.txt

ioregSUMAGP21PCI18.txt

dmesgAGP264PCI18.txt

ioregAGP264PCI18.txt

dmesgAGP264PCI244.txt

ioregAGP264PCI244.txt

Thank you Bimmer!

Interesting situation. AGPGart works with ATI but not with nVidia?! What is the difference in bus settings?

Did you check xbench and GioFX OpenMark?

I shall study your reports.

NEXT

cheers to slice, Csoft seems to have abandon the ship

His own code for AppleMacRisc (Applei386) doenst bring AGP same problem as ur AGPGART.

Hope it will work one fine day until we all migrate to PCIE

Slice: Bimmer difference between ATI and Nvidia could explain my test results.

I eventually set up 10.4.6, for some reason I couldn't boot in GUI, but I managed to set up AGPGart and IOPCIFamily, with original Frameworks and Nvidia drivers. Same results as in 10.4.9 (fuzzy colors on the screen after AGPGart traces part, even in single user console mode).

I've got an integrated ATI Radeon IGP9100 (ID 5835 not 5834 as yours). Maybe I can go on testing with that one. Does your ATI injector work on 5835 ??

Slice: Bimmer difference between ATI and Nvidia could explain my test results.

I eventually set up 10.4.6, for some reason I couldn't boot in GUI, but I managed to set up AGPGart and IOPCIFamily, with original Frameworks and Nvidia drivers. Same results as in 10.4.9 (fuzzy colors on the screen after AGPGart traces part, even in single user console mode).

I've got an integrated ATI Radeon IGP9100 (ID 5835 not 5834 as yours). Maybe I can go on testing with that one. Does your ATI injector work on 5835 ??

Partially. I can't point AGPGart to AGP memory yet. I did hope that you would more successful on the same chipset but with another VideoCard. What you mean "fuzzy color"? Can you make digital photo of your screen?

I have 5835.

In november I have partial success when I set AGP agerture not after video memory but before it! Strange experiment, and probably I shall return to it.

I have a thought that all video card have different assignment for memory. That's why Bimmer have different success with different cards. I need to find more or less common algorithm to calculate memory bases.

Now my collection is about 80 ioregs and dumps.

The problem I guess is the vram on the graphics card that can't be accessed by the graphics card driver. It can write to the framebuffer so it can display something though but once it wants to do OpenGL then it will fail because it obviously needs the ram on the graphics card.

Yes it is.

cheers to slice, Csoft seems to have abandon the ship

His own code for AppleMacRisc (Applei386) doenst bring AGP same problem as ur AGPGART.

Hope it will work one fine day until we all migrate to PCIE

What is same problem? I have studied all codes of AppleMacRisc and Applei386. No news for me.

2 Bimmer and Toadspit.

Yes, I understand a difference between ATI and nVidia (see CS message!), and so a mistake in AGPGart. I shall provide you new version few days later because I am very busy now.

My apologies if this has been covered.... I've read through most of this thread and a few others, and am still a bit unclear on whether or not i can in fact get QE/CI functional with an ATI 9800 Pro AIW on an Intel 860 Chipset ? xeon 2.2 sse2

My apologies if this has been covered.... I've read through most of this thread and a few others, and am still a bit unclear on whether or not i can in fact get QE/CI functional with an ATI 9800 Pro AIW on an Intel 860 Chipset ? xeon 2.2 sse2

You should be able to get it to work on Tiger using Callisto injector (To configure your video card i.e. add information to ioreg needed by driver) and koverg patch (to enable QE/CI).

In Leopard it probably does not work atleast I have never seen anyone claim succees in making it work. The problem I believe is that the driver for these cards are compiled for PPC systems only. So there simply does not exist drivers for these cards in Leopard on the Intel platform.

Someone please correct me if im wrong.

I am not sure that support for i860 included in the driver. I know 845, 855, 865, 875, 848... I need you ioreg (see topic) to check.

Other problem. First of all you need to get QE/CI w/o AGPGart. For example koverg.patch

And more... For SSE2 you must replace bundles and frameworks to good version. It's a complex task!

You should be able to get it to work on Tiger using Callisto injector (To configure your video card i.e. add information to ioreg needed by driver) and koverg patch (to enable QE/CI).

In Leopard it probably does not work atleast I have never seen anyone claim succees in making it work. The problem I believe is that the driver for these cards are compiled for PPC systems only. So there simply does not exist drivers for these cards in Leopard on the Intel platform.

Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Dunno if you wrong. You are still interesting in the theme?

I am not sure that support for i860 included in the driver. I know 845, 855, 865, 875, 848... I need you ioreg (see topic) to check.

Other problem. First of all you need to get QE/CI w/o AGPGart. For example koverg.patch

And more... For SSE2 you must replace bundles and frameworks to good version. It's a complex task!

Dunno if you wrong. You are still interesting in the theme?

Just a little curious to see where the development is going. The guys with Intel machines who got into Tiger was pretty interesting. However as you pointed out earlier AGPGart might not support that particular Intel chipset and we have not seen any xbenches that proves that agpgart + qe/ci is working.

It's my pleasure to propose you new version of AGPGart. I am waiting for advanced users to play with it.

It has some new features with bus tuning and customizable aperture.

<key>AGP_Base</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>AGP_Mode</key>
		<integer>0xffffffff</integer>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.slice.driver.AGPGart</string>
		<key>IOAGPFlags</key>
		<integer>1</integer>

AGP_Mode and IOAGPFlags as described in post #138.

New AGP_Base

if it is zero then driver calculate aperture address as VRAM_addr+VRAM_length. There was an error in previous version for nVidia card. Now it might be good for any. I am not sure so you may write any your address.

BE CAREFUL! I set the address of USB :D . At the moment when OpenGL start my USB becomes crashing :)

It means AGP translation works with my ATI chipset! The problem is ATI driver for RadeonIGP.

For other you can set custom aperture address. What it may be?

For example ioreg form Intel865 chipset

| |   |   +-o display@0  <class IOAGPDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 14>
| |   |	 | {
| |   |	 |   "IOName" = "display"
| |   |	 |   "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xffffffffd0000000,"length"=0x10000000}),({"address"=0xfffffffffe9f0000,"length"=0x10000}),{"parent"=({"address"=0x0,"length"=0x10000}),"offset"=0xc000,"length"=0x100})
| |   |	 |   "ATY,FrameBufferOffset" = <80000000>
| |   +-o pci8086,2570@0  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| |	   {
| |		 "IOName" = "pci8086,2570"
| |		 "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xfffffffff0000000,"length"=0x8000000}))
| |		 "class-code" = <00000600>

There are VRAM_addr=0xd0000000, AGP_Host_space=0xf0000000

The last one is used by joblo's driver. Other possible values:

0xd8000000 = VRAM_addr+FramebufferOffset

0xe0000000 = same, by aligned to 256Mb boundary.

I am very hope to detailed testings.

NEXT

Slice: guess what? It doesn't crash anymore in fuzzy colors! :D

Well... actually it hangs up after the gray logo, on the blue screen, without cursor.

Remember me what does it mean.. wasn't it a framebuffer issue?

In attachment, my traces.

Slice! Long time no type!Here are the results from me trying your newest AGPgart with no modifications to it. The specs are in my signature, the dell. Also, I do not currently have callisto or anything installed.What else can I do?And it does say AGP now in system profiler!

Kirby: Benchmark tests man!!! seems like for you it works now.

Downlaod XBench (http://xbench.com) if you haven't it yet, and test your system speed with AGPGart installed and without.Another benchmark app you can try is GioFX OpenMark, google for it!

EDIT: uhm Kirby, do you have QE/CI working? I see no AtiRadeon kext in your kextstat

toadspit_traces.zip

Update:

I did two new things: installed ATI1Slice.kext and IOPCIFamily mentioned in the first post of this thread. This is in addition to already having the beta version of AGPGart.

Xbench results:

with only IOPCIFamily: 48.75

with IOPCIFamily, AGPGart, ATI1Slice: 47.71

So...

toadspit: no, I can't get the ATIRadeon8500 kext to load (and don't have any form of QE/CI, hardware or software). When I try manually, it gives me an error that was mentioned earlier in this thread, about it not being compatible with it's memory class, and wondering if the superclass had changed. Diagnostic output gives me "Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code".

Also, I edited ATI1Slice to contain my device id, rather than the 5XXX it was coded for. Other than that, I have not edited any other related kexts.

My graphics card is picked up as AGP with the slice additions, PCI without. AND, now that I have that new IOPCIFamily kext, my CardBus slot works! Whoa!

The version of ATIRadeon8500 that I'm using is 1.5.4.9 (according to ATIRadeon8500.kext/Contents/Info.plist). Which version should I be using, and where do I get it? I installed 10.4.11 (with 8.9.1 ToH kernel) from the XxX disk.

UPDATE::::

I installed callisto 3 fixed, and now I can change resolutions. Also, I'm getting different info in the system profiler. My model is listed as Radeon Mobility 9000 Lf, VRAM(total) 8MB. Before it was just Radeon Mobility 9000 and VRAM (total) was 128mb. Ideas?

Slice: guess what? It doesn't crash anymore in fuzzy colors! :)

Well... actually it hangs up after the gray logo, on the blue screen, without cursor.

Remember me what does it mean.. wasn't it a framebuffer issue?

EDIT: uhm Kirby, do you have QE/CI working? I see no AtiRadeon kext in your kextstat

Blue screen is framebuffer issue. I had blue screen with nVidia 7300 PCIE when incorrectly install natit. I don't know details but I think you are near to finish.

One previous user resolve blue screen problem with ATI by replacing IONDRV

2 Kirby.

You have no QE/CI because of Radeon9000. The problem is hot.

Here is info from post #138

It contains new values for customizing

<key>AGP_Mode</key>
		<integer>0x0fffffef</integer>

Default value 0xffffffff

First digit 0 instead of f - trying to reduce Request Size

Digit e instead of f - trying to disable Fastwrite. It may be usefull for overclocked systems.

Not happy - revert it to default values.

<key>IOAGPFlags</key>
		<integer>5</integer>

Possible values

1 - as HackintoshAGP (for SIS chipset)

5 - as MacMini with Radeon9000

7 - another real Mac

0x27 - all possible flags, except 0x10000

0x10027 - as in AGPGart249

0x10005 - as in AGPGart21 by joblo

Is the any information what is the best? I dunno.

More flags - more slow but safety.

:D

Slice: it's working!! I mean, it boots in normal mode, with AGPGart and QE/CI!

I made some benchmark tests with XBench:

Quartz Graphics Test was 65.91 now is 86.41

User Interface Test was 66.15 now is 116.57

:D :D :afro:

Well now with bad news: OpenGL test crashes...

Anyway it is a huge result! Thank you very much for your efforts, let's go on this way!

In attachment, kext used. I replaced Geforce 4.5.2, NVDAResMan 4.5.2, and Natit 0.1 instead of Titan.

t.

EDIT: ehr... checking my same kextstat, I see there is no Natit loaded! :D

mmh. In fact, now after some further test, I replaced the same configuration and with Natit 0.1 or 0.2 it hangs on black screen.

mmh. what's going on?

toadspit_kext.zip