The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread!

antaholics

718 posts in this topic

can anyone tell me how to downgrade asus bios thanks!

Go to the Asus website in the download part, then choose the "Bios" section.

You can use the tool already installed on your computer by Asus to install the Bios file downloaded.

excuse me i dont quite understand whats a chmod and chown can you explane it please thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chown

I also have a F3JC. Do you think there is a working fix for Scroling on the trackpad? And what about enabling the built in webcam?

Cheers,

Ah yes scrolling.. there is two ways!

1. After totally configuring your touchpad correctly (eg turn on tap-to-click etc) you can backup and remove ApplePS2Trackpad.kext. It will now see the touchpad as a mouse and the side scroll will work.

2. Use FFScrollX (read my last post). This works kinda well...gives me two-finger scrolling.

Webcam... mm no doesnt work.

Did you get the card reader working?

i recently updated to 10.5.2 via kalyways update, after that i installed the graphicsupdate wich both works fine.

now i wanted to install kalyways 10.5.2 kernel (9.2) but i always get a kernel panic after reboot.

nb is a f3jm with a t5600

anybody else suffered this problem and/or knows a solution?

tia

destinY

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask for some help. A friend of mine is trying to install Kalyway's 10.5.1 or iAKTOS on an Asus Z53jc. So far, with no sucess. He has Tiger 10.4.11 running smoothly, but the only Leopard installation that he managed to run was an update via ToH DVD, with no EFI and -x option on boot.

Has anyone managed to install a working Leopard? How? Thanks!

PS

Here are Z53jc's specs:

Core 2 CPU T7200 @2.00 GHz

Motherboard:Intel i945PM

Chipset:

Video: Geforce go 7300 LE

Audio: Realtek 861

Intel 82801 G

Guys, I'm not able to downgrade my BIOS. I've downloaded the Bios version 206 from Asus website for my F3SV. That gives me a file with "206" as extension. Then I use the Asus tool called "winflash.exe" (which is already installed on my PC), but it tells me I can't downgrade because I've a newest version already installed (current version: 207).

I'm seeking on Google since 2hours a way to downgrade, but no good result.... any clue ?

Many thanks.

Guys, I'm not able to downgrade my BIOS. I've downloaded the Bios version 206 from Asus website for my F3SV. That gives me a file with "206" as extension. Then I use the Asus tool called "winflash.exe" (which is already installed on my PC), but it tells me I can't downgrade because I've a newest version already installed (current version: 207).

I'm seeking on Google since 2hours a way to downgrade, but no good result.... any clue ?

Many thanks.

copy bios file to hd, like C:, then restart computer and enter bios (press F2 when asus logo shows up), then select easy flash(or something similiar) and select that bios file, press enter, it will flash it and that's all ;) I tried it many times ;)

first, congrats easycome on getting leopard to run! :D

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask for some help. A friend of mine is trying to install Kalyway's 10.5.1 or iAKTOS on an Asus Z53jc. So far, with no sucess. He has Tiger 10.4.11 running smoothly, but the only Leopard installation that he managed to run was an update via ToH DVD, with no EFI and -x option on boot.

Has anyone managed to install a working Leopard? How? Thanks!

PS

Here are Z53jc's specs:

Core 2 CPU T7200 @2.00 GHz

Motherboard:Intel i945PM

Chipset:

Video: Geforce go 7300 LE

Audio: Realtek 861

Intel 82801 G

Has he tried replacing APIC and ACPI kexts on other DVDs? maybe that would work, I don't know.

@Your_destinY,

Can you post some details about the KP? That might help.

As for slow booting, I'm not sure... can't help you there :)

@All,

Does anyone know anything about the card reader? and does anyone want to work on the ACPI and APIC kexts? I am downloading xcode to check it out but I doubt I'll be able to do much.

yuuupyyyy yey! Leopard boots, after week of trying, and million billion leopardillion installs! Just mine f3sr has ati hd 2400, unlike other nvidia :)

so everything boots with -v cpus=1, except video, it shows black screen and many artifacts, when I boot with -x flag video works, but it's safe mode :D any ideas getting it work? I wanted just normal resolutions, because graphics mode isn't changing anything :( BTW, has anybody ntfs.kext? I've deleted mine, and now tried to copy it from leo dvd but when leo boots it says that ntfs.kext is bad or smth...

yuuupyyyy yey! Leopard boots, after week of trying, and million billion leopardillion installs! Just mine f3sr has ati hd 2400, unlike other nvidia :(

so everything boots with -v cpus=1, except video, it shows black screen and many artifacts, when I boot with -x flag video works, but it's safe mode :( any ideas getting it work? I wanted just normal resolutions, because graphics mode isn't changing anything :( BTW, has anybody ntfs.kext? I've deleted mine, and now tried to copy it from leo dvd but when leo boots it says that ntfs.kext is bad or smth...

Try removing all ATI kexts, it should load the VESA driver. (back them up first)

if Leopard says the kexts are bad it means that you need to chown and chmod it first (look at the top of this page)

good luck!

so, I've removed all ATI kexts and it now works in normal mode, but every time I need to enter boot options, because default partition is vista's and I need to select leo partition, and then enter boot options, also I've installed AppleHDA and ALCInject kexts, now leo recognizes card, but there is no sound anyway(tried changing output). anatholics, how did you get working zydas 1211? because I've installed tiger's driver, and it can't find any networks. and is there any way to change resolution?

so, I've removed all ATI kexts and it now works in normal mode, but every time I need to enter boot options, because default partition is vista's and I need to select leo partition, and then enter boot options, also I've installed AppleHDA and ALCInject kexts, now leo recognizes card, but there is no sound anyway(tried changing output). anatholics, how did you get working zydas 1211? because I've installed tiger's driver, and it can't find any networks. and is there any way to change resolution?

What do you mean by boot options?

If you mean you have to set the OS X partition as active every time you want to boot OS X, try installing EasyBCD on Vista and add an OS X entry to Vista startup.

You need to tell us which audio card you have... look in hardware properties under the hardware manager.

ok so now that i have my x1700 working, :( my next concern is to get the power management to lower the temp of my cpu. I have an intel mobility core 2 duo T7200 and it idles at 72*C. :) And i dont have any laptop power options in system preferences.

Asus F3JP

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0GHz - working 72*C (no laptop power options)

Ati Mobility Radeon X1700 - working with QE/CI

webcam - not working

Realtek HD Audio - speakers only, no headphones, using Azalia

intel 3945 abg wireless - not working

bluetooth - working

LAN - working

to make it so that you do not need to re-type boot options everytime and fix resolution you can edit your

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and add the boot options in the correct place, you can also set your Graphics Mode here, but I think its only for the VESA driver, if you have install 10.5.2 and the graphics drivers, this is not needed.

Has he tried replacing APIC and ACPI kexts on other DVDs? maybe that would work, I don't know.

What do you mean? Should he get APIC and ACPI kexts from Tiger and replace those of Leo?

I read somewhere that iAKTOS didn't run on some Asus because of those kexts... but, in fact, iAKTOS is the only distribution that did boot up on my friend's Asus - besides ToH. Kalyways, which I do prefer, didn't....

Thanks

What do you mean? Should he get APIC and ACPI kexts from Tiger and replace those of Leo?

I read somewhere that iAKTOS didn't run on some Asus because of those kexts... but, in fact, iAKTOS is the only distribution that did boot up on my friend's Asus - besides ToH. Kalyways, which I do prefer, didn't....

Thanks

replace it with the KALYWAY's 10.5.1 i used it and it works fine for me now........

I have now some more infos about the kernel panic i receive after updating my kernel to 9.2 with kaly's package:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x33F78C1E):"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::buildCPUsPSSArray - got_PSS data for cpu index 1, but expected index"@SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-3 12.0.1/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

can anyone help me?

So, I should patch him a iAKTOS DVD with Kalyway's kexts?

I think that should work. If you pull those 2 kexts from Kalyway's DVD it should be the same as 10.4.8 DVD.

I have now some more infos about the kernel panic i receive after updating my kernel to 9.2 with kaly's package:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x33F78C1E):"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::buildCPUsPSSArray - got_PSS data for cpu index 1, but expected index"@SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-3 12.0.1/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

can anyone help me?

I'll quote from danif from a few pages back:

in a first and quickly attempt --- 10.5.2 acpi === "using 10485 buffer... "

i had to copy ACPI/APIC/SMBIOS from working 10.5.1 extensions backup

i had also a kernel panic after follow netkas guide... problems with a kext called ACPI_SMC_Platform in the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext plugins folder....

so i also had to copy ACPI_SMC_Platform from working 10.5.1 backup....

now im in 10.5.2

cheers

dani

pd> hey ant please send me the modified tiger kext for synaptic scroll or better yet post a link to the guide where this is explained....thanks and happy 10.5.2

good luck!