The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread!

antaholics

718 posts in this topic

I think that should work. If you pull those 2 kexts from Kalyway's DVD it should be the same as 10.4.8 DVD.

Thanks you guys. We'll try it.

I have to say that I really love my Asus F3Jc. Never had any problem, besides sound... but Taruga Already fixed that ;) (Kalywa's 10.5.1 works out of the box, I just don't have battery metter. I'm using the vanilla kernel)

So I have ALC660-VD. And about boot now, so, I turn on my computer, then I can select to load vista or mac, I select mac and it counts time to boot, so I wait, and it loads againa boot menu selection, then I select again mac and press any key, and it shows that vista partition is selected, so everytime I need to press button down to select to load from mac partition, and that means that every time I need enter boot options. Yes, I've edited com.Apple.boot.plist ;) And "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" isn't working (it loads default 1024x768)

damn, I've tried to install 10.5.2 update (kalyways combo update), so I've installed that combo update, repaired disk permissions and restarted, after a while system booted and mac's version was 10.5.2, then I updated kernel to 9.2.0, and now it stucks when booting on: BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task. and after that is line with info about kernel(Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 5.......)

I can boot in single user mode, but what I can do to boot normally?

@Pinclusss

Look a few lines above the kernel-information, is there a panic anywhere?

yep, kernel panic, here's screen(panic is in the middle) EDIT: really bugy uploading system :(

If you can't read:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x3C5FDC1E): "ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin::buildCPUsPSSArray - got _PSS data for cpu index 2, but expected index/n"@/SourceCahce/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-312.0.1/ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin/ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugi

post-62628-1203442562_thumb.jpg

about the booting problem...

AFAIK, there is no way to make Darwin boot OS X partition by default unless OS X partition is active.. in which case the Vista bootloader won't boot. I solved this by using the Grub Bootloader, which boots regardless of which partition is active. However, grub was giving me some problems and I thought it was unecessary for my system (along with Ubuntu) so I got rid of both.

I hope everyone is having fun with OS X now! :guitar: I'm really glad everyone's helping each other out!

i still have a small problem with my sound, i have sound from the speakers, but no sound from the headphones and mic is also dead

nb: asus f3jm soundcard: Realtek ALC660 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M

At the moment i use some drivers from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=applehda

Have you tried the ones on this thread? I think you'll have to dig back a couple of pages... or click the link in my siggy and scroll down. I am using AlexIT's HDA kext for my ALC660 ATM, and for most people it worked fine :D

unfortunately i'm not able to download any files from the forum at the moment

do you use one of these:

Attached File HDA_129a4.tar.gz ( 291.8K ) Number of downloads: 78

Attached File HDA_133a1.tar.gz ( 313.14K ) Number of downloads: 101 ?

btw. do you have speedstep or powermanagement working on your f3? a battery-monitor would be nice too...

unfortunately i'm not able to download any files from the forum at the moment

do you use one of these:

Attached File HDA_129a4.tar.gz ( 291.8K ) Number of downloads: 78

Attached File HDA_133a1.tar.gz ( 313.14K ) Number of downloads: 101 ?

btw. do you have speedstep or powermanagement working on your f3? a battery-monitor would be nice too...

I use 129a4 I believe.

if you read around the forum (this is not the only topic in the forum!! :D) there is battery monitor working, but AFAIK there isn't any speedstep or powermanagement.

when you try a new appleHDA/ALCinject, make sure you remove AppleAzalia first!

I just noticed something strange...

It seems that when I start up my computer with only battery, OS X doesn't use the full speed of the CPU (even when plugged in afterwards). I can't find anything in the BIOS to change this.

For example, on a fresh startup, xbench would get me 90~95 (which is REALLY close to a real MBP! :D) when I start up plugged into the wall, but it would only give me 68 or so if I start up on battery.

Any idea on how to overcome this?

can my w7s use scroll pad? i tried the way in the thread but it didn't seem to work....... so does it mean that i can't use them? thanks

Can you tell us what exactly you did? if you added the files there should be a preference pane for adjusting ffscroll... play around with that