GigaByte P35 DS3R OS X 10.5 Success! [Re-titled]

liebowa

106 posts in this topic

Ok - I've been away from this for about a week after I started this thread, so 'm trying to catch up here and need some advice.

i've got a perfectly working 10.5 hackintosh here. But, I'd like to upgrade to 10.5.1 and use the EFI bootlaoder.

i have a single SATA hard drive, w/a Vista partition and this MAC partition. I installed all of this using th TOH flat image.

So, I'm confused by the sticky posts on how to proceed. It looks like their is a dual-boot scenario - I just cant seem to find a good guide.

Anyone want to offer a quick hand?

hi, i have my system similiar with yours and i use dual boot in single harddrive with vista, i use this methode http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ for dual booting it's work for me until now!.

i hope it help!

Success installation on P35-DS3R, then all official update.

I used the KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 SSE2-SSE3 (thanks to kaly and Dune), downloaded on usenet (posted by Wenecon, thanks to him).

I used the lastest 7Zip software to create the iso file, no error.

Hard drive and DVD on the yellow sata port, ACHI in bios.

Purple JMicron port are not used and it is off in bios.

Hard drive : Windows (primary, ntfs, hda1) / Leopard (primary, oxaf, hda2) / Datas (extend, ntfs, hda5).

Partitions were made with acronis disk suite selector on widows.

Installation :

Vanilla_Kernel

Vanilla ACPI fix

EFI_mbr

Ethernet works out of the box, sound needs an additional kext (ALC889A found in this forum)

I love this MB. Everything works out of the box except sound.

Although I do have an annoying problem.

I can sleep, but once wake from sleep, text and icons are pixelated, making my screen very difficult to read.

Does anyone have similar problem? I have an nVidia 7950. Can anyone help?

I love this MB. Everything works out of the box except sound.

Although I do have an annoying problem.

I can sleep, but once wake from sleep, text and icons are pixelated, making my screen very difficult to read.

Does anyone have similar problem? I have an nVidia 7950. Can anyone help?

Try switching the DVI/VGA port you're using to the other one.

Try switching the DVI/VGA port you're using to the other one.

Thanks for the tips. That solves the problem. I'm so happy now that sleep works ;)

Just one more problem I discovered.

My Asus DL DVD Writer only writes and reads at 1x speed.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

I just can not get KALYWAY too boot on my P35 DS3R :compress: I'm installing on a different partition of a Single Hard Disk (I have Vista installed on one partition), but after a successful installation all I get is a blinking cursor after I reboot :( Do I have to disabled some option in the BIOS? Do I have to disable AHCI or Native mode? Please help me!

I've tried installing Brazilmac before with no problems!! I just don't understand why KALYWAY won't boot when other people can have it work fine!! And yes I've already made sure that the partition is active!!

Thank you very much! :)

Hi i was just wondering if it is possible to get surround sound using the 3 rca jacks instead of digital-out with a ds3r. That would be awesome if it i was able to do that . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Please need GIGABYTE_P35_DSx_patchs.zip the attached file was delete.

the ethernet port on my ds3r doesn't work, could someone PLEASE repost this file.

EDIT: fixed with the "Wake on lan after shutdown" setting mentioned earlier in this thread... check for the status lights on your ethernet port, they will be off under leopard, if Wake on lan after shutdown is not enabled on the port with the windows drivers, or you have not booted up in windows prior to rebooting with leopard in the same session... kalyway install.

I just can not get KALYWAY too boot on my P35 DS3R :) I'm installing on a different partition of a Single Hard Disk (I have Vista installed on one partition), but after a successful installation all I get is a blinking cursor after I reboot :D Do I have to disabled some option in the BIOS? Do I have to disable AHCI or Native mode? Please help me!

I've tried installing Brazilmac before with no problems!! I just don't understand why KALYWAY won't boot when other people can have it work fine!! And yes I've already made sure that the partition is active!!

Thank you very much! :)

The "blinking cursor" error have been a lot of time explained by Dune on the Kalyway release topic

And, if you have read my post on previous page, you should have a response to your question about the ACHI in bios ;)

i hav problem at booting

i hav installed my leopard via brazil method, and after making the leopard partition bootable, the leo partition start booting after the POST, but it only shows "loading darwin x86" for 1 second, then start rebooting (and it ends up with endless boots).

is there anyway to fix this problem?

this motherboard is well known for some crazy reboot problems, it can be very ram-sensitive.

did it run o.k. under windows?

i hav problem at booting

i hav installed my leopard via brazil method, and after making the leopard partition bootable, the leo partition start booting after the POST, but it only shows "loading darwin x86" for 1 second, then start rebooting (and it ends up with endless boots).

is there anyway to fix this problem?

does anyone have a second ntfs hdd running on this motherboard? plugged into the orange sata plugs?

the system drive boots and works great, but when i click on the ntfs hdd, but there aren't any files visible on it.

external usb ntfs drives work fine.

i hav problem at bootingi hav installed my leopard via brazil method, and after making the leopard partition bootable, the leo partition start booting after the POST, but it only shows "loading darwin x86" for 1 second, then start rebooting (and it ends up with endless boots).is there anyway to fix this problem?
ys87a or anyone,I've got the same prob. on boot up with Kaly 10.5.1 install. The PC just keeps rebooting. Did you by chance figure it out?Thanks,pbjr
ys87a or anyone,I've got the same prob. on boot up with Kaly 10.5.1 install. The PC just keeps rebooting. Did you by chance figure it out?Thanks,pbjr
Got it! I enabled ALL of my CPU options in BIOS. It now boots!! Must be something needed for the EFI emulation.Thanks,pbjr

does anyone have a second ntfs hdd running on this motherboard? plugged into the orange sata plugs?

the system drive boots and works great, but when i click on the ntfs hdd, but there aren't any files visible on it.

external usb ntfs drives work fine.

is anyone else having this problem with not seeing ntfs drives in the computer? thanks

For the netwerk problem, the realtek r1000 kext is installed and work sometimes.

I really didn't understand, sometimes it is ok, I reboot and no connection, very unstable.

If someone had any idea ?

Thx

Stdu

I have the same problem too and i think that the network card isn't reset, cause of

the incorrect shoutdown procedure.

After shut down via powerswitch, the network card works.

Anybody agree with that???

Regards,

MICLINE

guys i really need some help, how do i even install drivers in OSX, i went to system preferences but i don't see any "Update Driver" options or anything.. please help!! ;) im using iATKOS btw which works great just gotta get the net and sound working...