GigaByte P35 DS3R OS X 10.5 Success! [Re-titled]

liebowa

106 posts in this topic

I've installed the Leo flat image on a second partition of my primary hard drive. I can boot w/the DVD in the drive and it runs GREAT (even works with my 8800GTS video card). I have two remaining issues:1.) I'd like to Dual-Boot between VISTA and OS X. Right now, I need to make the 2nd partition active and put the DVD in the drive in order to boot OS X.2.) I can't get the built-in sound card (Realtek ALC889 audio) working on this motherboard.ANY AND ALL Help is appreciated.
Hi,I have been trying to get the iATKOS DVD to boot on my machine and keep getting the /com.apple.Boot.pfile not found error. I have the following configuration:-Mother Board:- Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3RRAM:- 2 x Kingston 1gb Ddr2 800mhz/pc2-6400 Hyperx Memory Non-eccCPU:-
I've installed the Leo flat image on a second partition of my primary hard drive. I can boot w/the DVD in the drive and it runs GREAT (even works with my 8800GTS video card). I have two remaining issues:1.) I'd like to Dual-Boot between VISTA and OS X. Right now, I need to make the 2nd partition active and put the DVD in the drive in order to boot OS X.2.) I can't get the built-in sound card (Realtek ALC889 audio) working on this motherboard.ANY AND ALL Help is appreciated.
I have not been able to boot the iATKOS DVD and continually getthe '/com.apple.boot.pfile' not found. This is my hardware config:-RAM 2 x Kingston 1gb Ddr2 800mhz/pc2-6400 Hyperx Memory Non-ecc CPU 1 x Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB Cache MthrBrd 1 x Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX MotherboardHDD 1 x SATA II 320Gb HDD - Windows Vista UltimateHDD 1 x SATA I 200Gb HDD empty ready for OSxIf anyone has any ideas that might help I would be most appreciative.

duck-73, that error is usually associated with having an IDE DVD drive on a Gigabyte motherboard, OSX just doesn't like the controller used on GA motherboards or something.

Solutions:

a) Buy a DVD that connects via SATA (This is what I did and it installed perfectly, I had the same error as you)

B) Buy a USB DVD drive

c) Buy a IDE-SATA converter but these are pretty dodgy apparently

d) Install via VMWare than make it native

None are particularly fun expect a or even b.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I finally figured it out, here are instructions to get HDA audio working with the P35-DS3R

1.extract the zip to your desktop (not into a folder, literally to your desktop) this means there should be a file on your desktop called AppleHDA.kext n ALCinject.kext

2. open Terminal, (/applications/utilities/terminal.app) 
3. type sudo -s in terminal then your admin password following this, now you should be root.
4. type sudo mv /users/(YOUR USERNAME)/desktop/AppleHDA.kext /system/library/extensions
5. type sudo mv /users/(YOUR USERNAME)/desktop/ALCinject.kext /system/library/extensions
at this point the file AppleHDA.kext n ALCinject.kext should have dissapeared from the desktop,
6. type sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
7. type sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
8. type sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
8. type sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
9. now, CLOSE TERMINAL

Restart and It should work.. If it doesn't work for you, make sure you remove them.

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/nameofdiskhere/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/nameofdiskhere/System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

I've attached the file, i got it from hypoxiacion but his instructions didn't work for me.. anyway I followed the above and got my HDA working, the only problem is that if u set it to headphones it won't work but Speakers work fine in HDA, YES you can still use headphones in Speaker mode but you won't get the same quality.. still an improvement over the Azalia kext.

GL!HDA.zip

• 3 weeks later...

>.<

I've tried everything in this topic and my sound just won't work >.<

I have this MB and an ALC889A Realtek HD Audio card on it, OSX 10.5 Leopard Kalyway updated with the ComboUpdater from Kalyway for 10.5.2

The suggestion the last post here had gave me an error at boot stating that the extensions can't be used (prompting for a reinstall of it, which I tried to no avail)

Searching around this entire forum, I can't find a single working solution whatsoever >.<