GigaByte P35 DS3R OS X 10.5 Success! [Re-titled]

liebowa

106 posts in this topic

fixed just delete all NV* files and Natit.kext (so OS than use generic driver for 8600gt) from if i remember corectly system/libraryes... or so

I did not install from DVD i used clone partition install and than used macdrve to delete this files from windows so i could boot

also don`t forget to eneble ahci and native mode for it in bios

"I don't care. I'm tempted to go out and buy an SATA DVD writer just so I can permanently disable that hopeless excuse for an ATA/SATA controller."

Since I am planning a trip down to the hardware store soonish: What would be advantage of using a SATA DVD writer vs. and IDE one?

Can you boot from the purple ports? I can't.

If I move the SATA cable from my HDD with my working Leopard install from yellow to purple I can't boot OS X. If I switch back again it's all fine.

For the JMicron controller (purple ports, Azurael was right): I can boot off of it via the flat image either in IDE or AHCI mode. Leo works just as well either way.

For the ICH9® ports (orange ports): I can only boot off of them if they're running in AHCI mode.

Because the JMB363 is slow, CPU-hogging and causes data corruption on occasions, both under OS X and Windows. Before I had my DVD writer hung off the bloody thing, I never got any coasters. Now, they're a regular occurrence, even burning quality disks at slow speeds. Thinking my LH18A1H might be on the way out, I swapped it for an older burner and found it was doing exactly the same, so it's definitely the JMB363. It's not even the implementation on this specific board that's buggy. I had exactly the same problems on my 965P-DQ6 as I get on my new P35C-DS3R...

I finally got it booting and got the 8800 NVIject installed but now I'm having trouble with ethernet.

At first I installed

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/ but that didn't work, I deleted that extension and the cache file and tried installing the GIGABYTE_P35_DSx_patchs.zip patches. I didn't have luck with either one. I even tried installing both at the same time. I found a blurb about booting with a -f parameter to make sure they were getting loaded and still no luck. Anyone else have trouble like this with ethernet?

So I was able to get ethernet working, but I'm not exactly sure why.

I was reading this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9436&st=320

Me123 mentioned making sure "Wake on lan after shutdown" was enabled in Windows. Well, I didn't even get to the driver page, I just booted windows and tried Leopard again and it worked. I noticed the leds on the card came on when Windows booted and stayed on while I booted Leo.

Oh, I also used the uninstall script to remove the RealtekR1000_1.04.zip driver.

Did all you guys with working audio have to do this:

add 0x293e8086 to the following info.plists:

For Intel ICH9 chipsets remember to add DevID to these files

ALCInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Looking at the info.plists in GIGABYTE_P35_DSx_patchs.zip it seems like 0x293e8086 is already in there. I can't figure out what might be going wrong then...

How did u guys solve the Leopard Driver for P35 DS3R Board ???? .....???

Which version of Leopard r u guys using ?

How to solve after installing Leopard, can not reboot without Leopard dvd ? ( Only can be reboot when the DVD inside the dvd writer )

How u guys use CS 3 in leopard ? How about MAYA ???

Yes, it works.

i Still have trouble, cant reboot nor shutdown with stock kernel, but can sleep - same in 10.5.1

(cant' sleep with toh kernel, all works with brazil one...)

Does anyone have EFI, stock kernel, and reboot/shutdown ok with this board ?

i Still have trouble, cant reboot nor shutdown with stock kernel, but can sleep - same in 10.5.1

(cant' sleep with toh kernel, all works with brazil one...)

Does anyone have EFI, stock kernel, and reboot/shutdown ok with this board ?

Strange, I got all of the above working with the flat image install. Only the shutdown doesn't power doen the machine, which is irellevant to me since I use the sleep all the time anyway, and in the rare occation I don't I just have to press the power butten after Laopard has shut itself down.

• 3 weeks later...

hi can anyone guide me on how to configure BIOS for a multi boot system with this board, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R?

i've installed the flat image of leopard on my hard disk at partition 3.

partition 1: Vista

partition 2: XP

partition 3: Leopard

partition 4: Data

vista's install DVD can't detect my hard disk after i installed leopard on the same hard drive.

so i can't fix the MBR or boot into vista / xp, though i can get to the F8 boot menu.

my email is kwpang1@hotmail.com

your help is much appreciated!

btw im using IDE DVD writers. is this a problem?

Hi everyone !

I have a P35C-DS3R with AHCI enable and 3 sata disks. I have successfully installed Leopard ToH and runned the /usr/misc/script.sh after the install, but I still can't boot it. I have one disk only for Mac which has only one partition (made by the disk utility in the install, MBR). Any ideias ? Any special bios settings ?

Best regards,

Jorge

Ok - I've been away from this for about a week after I started this thread, so 'm trying to catch up here and need some advice.

i've got a perfectly working 10.5 hackintosh here. But, I'd like to upgrade to 10.5.1 and use the EFI bootlaoder.

i have a single SATA hard drive, w/a Vista partition and this MAC partition. I installed all of this using th TOH flat image.

So, I'm confused by the sticky posts on how to proceed. It looks like their is a dual-boot scenario - I just cant seem to find a good guide.

Anyone want to offer a quick hand?