My Leopard installation working great :) *First post recently updated*

stellarola

140 posts in this topic

Nope you in luck. 10.5.2 supports it and TADA the drivers are on a thread in here if you just do a search :D they are beta though.

hmm wasn't aware leopard was up to 10.5.2 yet, and i'm having trouble finding anything about "beta drivers" if you could post a link i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Thanks! but how it's posible? I get 80points and my disk is 7200rpm (see sign)

I think it might be the motherboard. I know when I had a 7200rpm hdd, it didn't get as high of a score as yours did. Very interesting. I'm positive if we put the raptor in your motherboard, the scores would be much higher.

-Stell

I think it might be the motherboard. I know when I had a 7200rpm hdd, it didn't get as high of a score as yours did. Very interesting. I'm positive if we put the raptor in your motherboard, the scores would be much higher.

-Stell

Jejeje... well in your videos the PC seems very fast (boot and when you open photoshop)

Anyway.. I recently bought a raptor disk, tuesday-wednesday I'll have it!

thanks!

I thought I would crosspost to this thread in hopes of more coverage...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 975X chipset (Shuttle SD39P2) and shutdown/restart fail for me. I am running:

KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 vanilla kernel

I downloaded AppleACPIPlatform (from irc.osx86.hu #leopard) and discovered it has the

same md5 as the one in my original install:

273867a829e2356b60016b0317242a53 AppleACPIPlatform

Needless to say it did not help.

I have checked and set all the BIOS settings mentioned in this (and other) threads to no avail.

Can any of the developers (netkas etc...?) comment on this situation. Do they know?

How does one notify them?

It is a particular problem for me because I use automated startup (via WOL) and shutdown to

backup the machines on my network (including this one).

BTW, restart/shutdown were working on uphuck 10.4.10

Thinking about putting together a box with this board in it. Do all of the SATA ports work? No Jmicron ports correct?

Geeze.

I believe all the SATA ports work, and no jmicron ports. Good luck on finding this mobo. Alot of people ended up buying most stores out due to the posts on this forum.

-Stell

• 2 weeks later...
well i got everything working great, i was wondering what everyones cpu temps were, im running the dual core 2 duo, my temps run at about 40 - 42 at idle, and 43 - 46 when under load , is that pretty normal? neway thanks a lot guys

Those are generally normal temperatures (under any OS), as far as I know. I was afraid to poke my temperature sensor between the CPU and the stock fan (as my case manual advised). So, I can only tell you what my case temperature is... It averages roughly 29 degrees Celsius.

As far as sound, i think you have to install the ALC888 kext to get it working, but you might want to double-check that. (I'm using USB sound myself.)

I just got done building my machine, everything is working great except for audio, i seen that stellorolla, used a usb audio in/out? is that required.. i thought the motherboard's built in audio was detected?

neway

thanks

If you have the same mobo, use SkippyRetard's ALC888 drivers. You will get full in/out from the onboard audio. I only use a usb device (M-Audio Jamlab) for recording guitar.

-Stell

If you have the same mobo, use SkippyRetard's ALC888 drivers. You will get full in/out from the onboard audio. I only use a usb device (M-Audio Jamlab) for recording guitar.

-Stell

Do you get SPDIF as well?

If anyone has a 7900GS or a 7600GT, I've got good news for you. I've got a string that will allow you to not have to use NVinject or Natit. Also with this board, I've got a Time Machine fix without having to use a modified IONetworkingfamily.kext.

I'll be posting these files soon. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

-Stell

If anyone has a 7900GS or a 7600GT, I've got good news for you. I've got a string that will allow you to not have to use NVinject or Natit. Also with this board, I've got a Time Machine fix without having to use a modified IONetworkingfamily.kext.

I'll be posting these files soon. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

-Stell

I really want to give zillion thanks to stell, last 2 week i spent my time to make a new pc with the following specs:

Intel C2D 2180 (OC to 300x10) with FSB 1200

Gigabyte 945gcmx Mainboard

4gb ddr2 (which can be detected as 4GB on OSX)

WD250GB SATAII HDD

ASUS 20X DVD Writer

Inno3D 7900gs display card

3com 3c905c PCI NIC (I have use it for 5 years)

BenQ 24" Monitor

Everything is stable and I run Photoshop and Final Cut Studio with my Lovely PC! ^^

witch chinese and japanese with my Final Cut Studio 2

I really love it , and love you much, stell ^^

-Alone

Kalaway Leopard 10.5.1 Vanilla Kernel running stable.. ^^ with xbench 186.39

OSx86_Final_Test.jpg

Like I was saying before I have a couple com.apple.Boot.plist which will allow you to not have to use NVinject and also a modified IONetworkingfamily.kext. This is specific to GA-945GMCX-S2 and also you need PC_EFI v7 or above.

7900GS 256MB GFX Fix and Time Machine Fix

http://rapidshare.com/files/83346365/Bootp...5GMXS2.zip.html

^Be sure to delete NVinject.kext and also replace the modified IONetworkingfamily.kext with the original (vanilla) one.

-------------

Time Machine Fix

http://rapidshare.com/files/83347128/TMfix...GMCXS2.zip.html

^If you don't have a 7900GS but you still want to use this Time Machine fix, be sure to replace the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext with the original one.

-------------

com.apple.Boot.plist is located in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

After you move the file over open up terminal and type these commands...

cd Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

chmod 644 com.apple.Boot.plist

chown root:admin com.apple.Boot.plist

Once you run those commands, restart and you should be set.

-Stell

P.S. - Thanks to Time_ed for setting this whole thing up for me so I can share it with other people.

stell... what is the manufacturer/brand of your 7900GS??
Not sure m8, why do you ask?-Stell
I really want to give zillion thanks to stell, last 2 week i spent my time to make a new pc with the following specs:Intel C2D 2180 (OC to 300x10) with FSB 1200Gigabyte 945gcmx Mainboard4gb ddr2 (which can be detected as 4GB on OSX)WD250GB SATAII HDDASUS 20X DVD WriterInno3D 7900gs display card3com 3c905c PCI NIC (I have use it for 5 years)BenQ 24" Monitor Everything is stable and I run Photoshop and Final Cut Studio with my Lovely PC! ^^witch chinese and japanese with my Final Cut Studio 2 I really love it , and love you much, stell ^^-AloneKalaway Leopard 10.5.1 Vanilla Kernel running stable.. ^^ with xbench 186.39 OSx86_Final_Test.jpg
I'm happy for you. Since you have the same video card as me and mobo check out my post about using gfx strings to fix the video and Time Machine.-Stell

i recently checked the HCL .... and it seems like the 7900 nvidia series works just fine ... am i right ??

btw i just purchased myself the ga-945gcmx for 55 € .... and need to go for a video card and cpu

great topic stell

invi