My Leopard installation working great :) *First post recently updated*

stellarola

140 posts in this topic

So, me and Onetrack tried to do some OCing on this bad boy.

My Geekbench score went up to 3831

Xbench went up to 186.32

hey i just experiment with a little OC'ing myself. went from stock 2.2ghz (2916 geekbench) to 2.64ghz (3492 geekbench) so far! considerable improvement id say. :(

Has anyone tried dual monitors with this setup? Specifically dual dvi monitors and mixed dvi and vga hookups? Any thoughts on a 7900GT having any issues if everything else the in first post was the same?

Thanks,

lordsiris

I've done dual monitors with the 7900GS, but I've only tried DVI only. I know DVI>VGA works as well. It's a solid card.

-Stell

Hey stellarola,

I read that you recommend the ASRock ConRoe 1333 because it was just like the GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX, but could handle up to 4GB of memory. What I want to know is if I should get the ASRock ConRoe 1333 or GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX. Will the ASRock work with everything just like the GIGABYTE does?

hey stella.earlier i mention i tried overclocking a little bit. well it seems i found the threshold without even knowing it. running at 2.6 with 240FSB (200 stock) is fine.... if i try to bump to 241FSB or higher, OSX starts giving me the "still waiting for root device" then as soon as i lower it to 240 its fine to boot again. whats causing this?

Hi Stella,

I've just completed this same install, and I seemed to have everything working except for reboot. It looks like it's going to reboot, but the system stays on after the monitor goes off, and just hangs there. I have to manually reboot the machine.

Shutdown and sleep work fine though..

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hi Stella,

I've just completed this same install, and I seemed to have everything working except for reboot. It looks like it's going to reboot, but the system stays on after the monitor goes off, and just hangs there. I have to manually reboot the machine.

Shutdown and sleep work fine though..

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Reboot fix is on irc. Go to irc.osx86.hu #leopard

The fix is in the topic.

-Stell

Hi Stell,

This is going to be my first post since I've just recently been reading your posts and built myself a system similar to yours. I used Kalyway's recent release to install Leopard and everything runs great, except for wireless. I have the exact wireless card that you have, and I tried to edit the info.plst file exactly how you had indicated, but my wireless still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I chowned and chmoded the IO80211Family.kext file correctly after I had edited it. Any ideas? It's about the only thing left for me to get working :) Thanks

-Sei

Good news everyone. It does seem that this board (Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2) DOES SUPPORT upto 4GB ram. While Gigabyte listed it as only 2gb, it recognizes 3.3GB in the BIOS and 4GB in OS X. This is great news for people. Also, I'm sure other 945G based boards will support 4GB in OS X as well. These kind of boards only have 2 ram slots, so you have to have x2 2GB sticks to get the full upgrade.

-Stell

No real comment, brother. I dunno. I found the "threadhold" for mine as well. Seems to be at 2.88ghz on my e6600.

-Stell

and past the threshold do you get the "still waiting for root device" error? it just seems very weird to me that at a certain FSB it no longer sees the harddrive. i guess i was more wondering if you get the same result, rather than your threshold.

I just ordered all of the stuff to try an build my hackintosh from new egg, I can't wait!

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Ram: 2Gb DDR2-667

Video: Nvidia 8600 GT 256MB

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX

thanks for all the great info Stellarola!

Newegg no longer carries the same motherboard that I spoke of. They carry the GA-945GCM-S2C not the GA-945GCM-S2.

The only difference seems to be the sound chip and it officially supports 4GB of ram. I'm not sure if there are sound drivers for the Realtek 662. Can anyone confirm this?

-Stell

Newegg no longer carries the same motherboard that I spoke of. They carry the GA-945GCM-S2C not the GA-945GCM-S2.

The only difference seems to be the sound chip and it officially supports 4GB of ram. I'm not sure if there are sound drivers for the Realtek 662. Can anyone confirm this?

-Stell

Yeah mine was an openbox of the GA-945GCMX-S2 LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard, and I now I see that they no longer have them, I guess I got the last of the bunch. it shipped out yesterday from California, its in north carolina now, woo can't wait for all my other parts to get here, I also had one questionabout the motherboard, does it fit in standard mini atx cases? I seen your case an it appeared to be that way.

neway thanks again for all the good info.

Nope you in luck. 10.5.2 supports it and TADA the drivers are on a thread in here if you just do a search ;) they are beta though.