My Leopard installation working great :) *First post recently updated*

stellarola

140 posts in this topic

Yo Stellarola!

I this board FINALLY it took forever to hunt one down and got it for 40 euro. Now saving up my beggings for memory and processor *Celeron 420 most likely*.

Does 800mhz memory work in it? Thank you in advanced :censored2:

**FOR ADVANCED USERS**

Alright some new updates...

I've been talking with the guys over at forum.netkas.org and they've been super helpful with efi strings. Some of you may not know what this means. Efi hex strings will allow your system to boot certain code, therefore needing less kexts, and modifed kexts. So you won't need NVinject anymore or a modified IONetworkingfamily kext either. Also you can have audio without the need of an injector like ALCinject.

Right now my system only needs these kexts...

AppleACPIPlatform.kext = This allows for restart fix using PC_EFI

AppleHDA.kext = This is a modifed audio kext which allows me to use full input/output for my Realtek ALC888 sound

AppleSMBIOS.kext = Not needed, but this allows you to get the proper readout in System Profiler. :)

dsmos.kext = This allows OS X to boot on a regular PC (much needed!)

and of course the modified com.apple.Boot.plist which has the strings for Graphics, TimeMachine and Audio Injector. Love it.

This is all great stuff, but it gets even better. I've been speaking to "Dense" and he is hopefully about to release his Leopard dvd script. This will allow people to create modern personal installers for their systems. You can add the kexts you need specific to your systems needs and also add EFI hex strings as well. In the end you add that and drop in an original Leopard image and you're set. It's by far the easiest installer method anyone could ask for. Also it's the cleanest. I'll need to take some pictures for you all. Seriously the installer you can make is as easy as installing Leopard on a real Macintosh. Cheers to Dense, btw!

-Stell

Installed Leopard(Kalaway version) and its working perfect no problems at all suspend and resume work perfect so does time machine and my creative external sound card too.Happy and booting speed is incredible!

I recently enabled FSB 1333 on my GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX mobo, with the conroe 2.4 ghz core 2 duo, an now it says im running a 3ghz in my about mac, my temps are still running fine, but im a little worried as to whats goin on, lol since the fsb bust on this processor is only at 1066, should i disable this, or what? any help thanks

I recently enabled FSB 1333 on my GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX mobo, with the conroe 2.4 ghz core 2 duo, an now it says im running a 3ghz in my about mac, my temps are still running fine, but im a little worried as to whats goin on, lol since the fsb bust on this processor is only at 1066, should i disable this, or what? any help thanks

I haven't upped the FSB to 1333, but if the temps are fine, it should be golden. All you have to do is make sure your temps are running cool in OS X and also in bios. The highest I've gone without having to do FSB 1333 is 2.88ghz. Runs cool.

-Stell

Hi Stellarola, we share the same mobo and CPU (and a love for music it seems :angel:), I've successfully installed Kalyways 10.5.1 but I can't boot without the DVD in the drive? It's been a bloody nightmare trying many ways to get this to boot from the HDD, I'm over it, I'm ready for the next release, bring it on :P

Looking forward to Dense's release very much.

Kind regards,

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

yeeeha my hackintosh pro is working perfectly with my new system

core 2 duo 4500 @2,2

Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2

2gb corsair

7900gs

80GB western digital

dual boot with Leopard and Xp with Chain0 method..... the easiest method for one disk and dual boot i guess

Skippyretards kext is not working for me. Can anyone help? I need 5.1 and digital plus inputs. Any kext or strings. I am running Kalyways 10.5.1 upped to 10.5.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...