My Leopard installation working great :) *First post recently updated*

stellarola

140 posts in this topic

Which leopard did you download?

The one I got was efore extraction it was a 2GB .rar file, after extraction it came out to be 16GB file without a file extension and only the name "leopard-x86-flat-img"

Is this the one you used?

also during the instructions it says

· Now, open up a terminal window; just type terminal in spotlight and load terminal from there;

· On your terminal window, do a sudo –s command and enter your password.

How do you open up a terminal window in windows XP?

Hey I have the same video card as you and I was wondering if you could help me out with the drivers for that, I have EFI 5.2 but i cant figure out how to make the drivers work for my video card also if you know anything about dual monitor support could you send me in the right direction with that?Thanks
http://nvinject.free.fr/
Which leopard did you download?The one I got was efore extraction it was a 2GB .rar file, after extraction it came out to be 16GB file without a file extension and only the name "leopard-x86-flat-img"Is this the one you used?also during the instructions it says· Now, open up a terminal window; just type terminal in spotlight and load terminal from there;· On your terminal window, do a sudo –s command and enter your password.How do you open up a terminal window in windows XP?
I used a retail copy of Leopard and made a bootable image with the brazilmac patch. Check out the Leopard Perfect Install here... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72493

So I've been looking all over the place for HPET info. It seems like slim pickings indeed. On my motherboard I enabled HPET 64-bit. It was originally set to 32-bit on stock.

When I enabled 64-bit prior to running EFI with a stock bios, my system would crash. Well, post EFI, I got a wild hair and decided I'd enable it for the hell of it. Everything is very stable. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but my apps seem to load faster. Am I imagining things or is Leopard actually making use of HPET 64-bit in my bios?

Can someone fill me in on this?

-Stell

So I've been looking all over the place for HPET info. It seems like slim pickings indeed. On my motherboard I enabled HPET 64-bit. It was originally set to 32-bit on stock.

When I enabled 64-bit prior to running EFI with a stock bios, my system would crash. Well, post EFI, I got a wild hair and decided I'd enable it for the hell of it. Everything is very stable. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but my apps seem to load faster. Am I imagining things or is Leopard actually making use of HPET 64-bit in my bios?

Can someone fill me in on this?

-Stell

i did the same thing when i was screwing with my bios to get sleep going(got it sleeping btw.... it was a monitor setting!!!)and it is functioning noticeably better.. i can second that

IS 2 gigs the max memory the GIGABYTE GA-945GCMX motherboard can take or can it take 4 gigs?

I emailed Gigabyte and they said the max it will do is 2GB. There are some similar 945gcm based boards out like the Asrock 1333-Conroe that supports 4GB. Both these boards only have 2 slots. I would bet money that this board could do x2 2GB 667 sticks. I might try it out sometime.

-Stell

Do you know what things would or wold not work on the Asrockboard. gigabyte networking, sound, and 4 gigs of ram would be useful to me.

So, me and Onetrack tried to do some OCing on this bad boy.

We both started with a 2.4ghz Core2Duo and the highest I was able to OC to was 2.88ghz. Which has been considerably faster for me. So basically I bumped up my speed to the 2.8 Core2Extreme.

picture1nd5.png

These were the settings I used to OC. Usually it will reset when you try to change the FSB.

-Load optimized defaults

-Turn Floppy drive off, unless you have one...I hope not

-Turn USB Mouse/Keyboard On

-Turn LegacyUSB support off (no reason to have it on)

Now go back to the main menu and press Ctrl+F1 to show hidden features.

-Turn HPET 64-bit on

-Change FSB speed, my CPU was set at 266 and I bumped it to 320 without issue

My Geekbench score went up to 3831

Xbench went up to 186.32

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ISSUES

-Stell

Stella:

I have the same board, as you can see from my sig. What's weird is that I have a Core2Duo E6550 on it which should run at a 2.33GHz clock speed. The problem is that the bios is showing it running at 1.86. Have I done something wrong in the bios settings? I left those settings untouched until this morning--at which point, I went into the hidden features and boosted the CPU setting you suggested above from 266 to 300. Now, my CPU is shown as running at 2.1GHz.I don't get it. I'm overclocking my CPU, and it's still showing up as less than the advertised *real* speed??? Can someone explan how I might fix this? What am I not getting here.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT ((Hey, all... I found the answer to my question--guess where--in the mobo documentation materials. Apparently, this board supports front side bus speeds of 1066/800/533. The FSB speed on the E6550 is 1333. So, clearly there's an issue there. Question is... 1) how far can I "overclock" this chip safely--without overtaxing the board or the CPU?2) what should I set the number at to get my original clock speed---and is it wise to do so?))

Stella:

I have the same board, as you can see from my sig. What's weird is that I have a Core2Duo E6550 on it which should run at a 2.33GHz clock speed. The problem is that the bios is showing it running at 1.86. Have I done something wrong in the bios settings? I left those settings untouched until this morning--at which point, I went into the hidden features and boosted the CPU setting you suggested above from 266 to 300. Now, my CPU is shown as running at 2.1GHz.I don't get it. I'm overclocking my CPU, and it's still showing up as less than the advertised *real* speed??? Can someone explan how I might fix this? What am I not getting here.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT ((Hey, all... I found the answer to my question--guess where--in the mobo documentation materials. Apparently, this board supports front side bus speeds of 1066/800/533. The FSB speed on the E6550 is 1333. So, clearly there's an issue there. Question is... 1) how far can I "overclock" this chip safely--without overtaxing the board or the CPU?2) what should I set the number at to get my original clock speed---and is it wise to do so?))

I'd image you just enable the FSB 1333 option in the mobo settings. Simple as that. Also as advertised on the box, it will OC the mobo. I don't think it's a big deal though. I wouldn't OC it past doing the FSB 1333 option though. Just my two cents.

-Stell

i cant figure out how to partition with GUID in kalyway cd, it only lets me do MBR. so i went ahead and did it, then booted the brazilmac dvd and saw the option for GUID, but when i try to reformat with the brazilmac dvd using GUID it says the resource is busy and like unmounts my drive....

how do i get GUID?

I'd image you just enable the FSB 1333 option in the mobo settings. Simple as that. Also as advertised on the box, it will OC the mobo. I don't think it's a big deal though. I wouldn't OC it past doing the FSB 1333 option though. Just my two cents.

-Stell

Yeah, I tried that... and tried to boot into OSX, but only got as far as the grey apple screen before I got what looked like a kernel panic. I tried that twice, then disabled the FSB 1333 setting. Maybe I had something else set up incorrectly???

i cant figure out how to partition with GUID in kalyway cd, it only lets me do MBR. so i went ahead and did it, then booted the brazilmac dvd and saw the option for GUID, but when i try to reformat with the brazilmac dvd using GUID it says the resource is busy and like unmounts my drive....

how do i get GUID?

For GPT or better known as GUID, you don't need the Kalyway Boot Cd. The Kalyway cd is only needed for MBR partition. My first post is old and needs to be updated with my current settings, which I will do this weekend.

-Stell

Hey stell,

whats up?

leopard works on my PC...everything is fine but not nvidia geforce 7900gt/gto, no audio, and networking.

i wonder, does leopard work on RAID? because i have a raid, leopard doesnt work on it. i have to unplug two hard drives(RAID for Windows xp) and plug another HD(Leopard) if i want a windows xp i have to plug back to two hard drivers, if i want a leopard i have to unplug two hard drivers and plug another HD. i really hate that. and hmmm... i had been working hard on my PC for a couple week to get work on leopard. now it finally works but some doesnt work like i said in the first sentence. and uhh... how would i know if i have pc_efi, but i did install pc_efi. where can i find out if it has pc_efi?

by the way.

u got a nice PC.

really great.

P.S. i am deaf, sorry for my english.

How did "Restart" work?Are you using vanilla kernel?-Jaeger-
Yes restart works when added the provided ACPIPlatform file. You will find the link for it on irc.osx86.hu #leopard. It's located in the topic.-Stell
Can you please Do Xbench Just on your Raptor HD only, I would like to buy that. My WD AAKS just had drive score xbench is 85thanks
http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=2581...;setCookie=trueThats the link to my Xbench, search for your board and compare speeds for the disks. :P-Stell

Thats the link to my Xbench, search for your board and compare speeds for the disks. :wacko:-Stell

I just saw your raptor hard Drive only Score is 77.65 , on the other hand mine SATA II WD AAKS is 86 . I did'nt understand this.

how should I justify buying Raptor over regular SATA II WD AAKS

thanks

I just saw your raptor hard Drive only Score is 77.65 , on the other hand mine SATA II WD AAKS is 86 . I did'nt understand this.

how should I justify buying Raptor over regular SATA II WD AAKS

thanks

Do you mind posting the link to your xbench score so I can compare?

-Stell