ALERT! Newer MSI P35 and G33 based motherboards don't work with OSX86!

258 posts in this topic

Hey, I tried the IDE one, but with no luck. And then I go for an usb adapter, it work!

although the system works fine, it may be a little bit inconvenience since my IDE Dvd rw still not working without an adapter.

Hope anyone can find a solution for the ide rom.

My board is MSI p35 platinum, bios modded and kalway 10.5.2 installed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all

I have the same problem with pavilion a6590.it

It has got a quad core:

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

Chipset motherboard: Intel Bearlake G33

Name Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia) (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

ID motherboard: 64-0528-000001-00101111-080808-Bearlake$HPBEN000_BIOS DATE: 08/08/08 09:56:52 VER: 5.28

BIOS: AMI (08/08/08)

How can I find a bios to use all 4 cores

? Thanx

Success here, well almost (Kalyway 10.5.2).

MSI P35 Diamond (latest official BIOS, oct 2008)

Core 2 Duo E8400 0.45nm

2GB Corsair DDR3 1333 MHz

Western Digital 500GB (SATA)

Samsung S223Q DVD-RW Lightscribe (SATA)

BIOS settings:

MPS 1.4

IOAPIC Enabled

ACPI S3

HPET Enabled

EIST Disabled

Execute bit Enabled

The first time I installed it, everything worked fine. Sound (only analogue 2 channel), LAN etc.

But after reinstalling (due to a mistake when editing the boot.plist file) none of them work.

Whatever I do, I cannot get the Realtek driver to function properly. It's the common "cable

not connected" problem. I have tried all the drivers/fixes in the "realtek" thread, and I have

reinstalled OS X three times now, but still no luck.

Anyone with the same problem?

• 3 weeks later...

hi,i'm have the MSI P35 Neo in my machine,i never thought i wud face problems installing osx when i change my MB.before this i use Asrock MB for my P4 machine,and i've been successfully install various of distros since Uphuck 10.4.9.iAtkos and kalyway also been nice..but after i change to C2d wit this MB,installing OSX is impossibble.Demm!

I hvnt use OSX for about 6 month,i try so many distros like mention by you all earlier,and results are unpleased.But this 'loneliness' is filled with joy with iDeneb 10.5.5!!YAY!!

although at first my OSX doesnt have sound,lan i managed to fix all that now.Also i'm hving trouble with cpus=1 thing.i'm still searching for this fix.Still,i have this trouble with shutdown,but many people have the fix for this.i will try later.More,i have this trouble with carbon lib thing,i cant install Adobe products..but also i have discovered a fix for the forum.will try tonight.

but at least i have a working OSX in MSI P35 Neo.

so if any of you who have this MB,should look into this distro..

regards..

Has anyone here succeeded installing Leopard from retail-dvd to msi-p35 neo-f using this method: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=128274 ? Which is the boot-132 cd that you used? The one that I tried managed to boot retail dvd, but the installation couldn't boot without cd on the drive (after running the scripts and copying the kexts of course ^_^)

I have an HP Pavilion Ultimate d4999t

ASUS IPIBL-TX

G33

Intel quad-core q9550

No matter which hack installer I use (iATKOS, Kalyway, etc) Im always getting stuck in the same spot, where I cant even get to the installation. The initial booting of the DVD gets to the point where the out put shows...

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008: made by ToH:xnu-1228/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386

Im sure its due the the fact that all 4 cores are running. I have tried running the cpus=1 at boot, but in the output, its shows that 4 core are being recognized and also shows that they are enabled which tells me that the command is not working.. The BIOS has almost nothing in it to configure.. Guess HP is taking that out of curious hands.. ((probably to reduce all the support calls)) Anyway, is there anything else I can try to disable the cores... Id love to get them all to run, but at this piont, Id love to get this running.

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey folks

I have a P35D3 MSI motherboard. I have been working for YEARS trying to get any version of OS X working with my motherboard. I HAVE FINALLY FOUND ONE!!!

After readin a few threads of bios mods and findif that not one was made for my board I started trying some more downloads out.

I have tried versions from 10.4.2 to 10.5.6, the only one that has worked was from the pirate...(can't specify on this site) and it was named something like "XxX leopard 10.5.6". Do your normal searches and you'll find the site it's on. I did not have to use a bios mod for this, and this was the only download that actually worked.

I know this is a rare mobo and very few people have it.

I was able to get Ubuntu 8.10 installed and thats when I decided to try mac os again. My bios firmware is 1.6

I set all my bios settings to what everyone else has listed for this series of boards and it worked with only this distro.

The only issues that I ever experiences was having to do the "cpus=1" on install and first boot, after that I never had to do it again. ALthough I dont know if it is using both cores of my e6750, at least I know that osx reconizes both cores being there.

Hey guys!

Do you guys think it will work with my setup?

Here is the list:

Motherboard: MSI P45 NEO3-FIR

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz

Graphic card: MSI GF8600GT

HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 500GB + one IDE disk

I appericate all help ;)

/Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Got it runnin on MSI P35 (7345 V1.0)

I used the mod Bios from http://osrom.net/biosmod/

Bios 7345V18

I know, the checksum is wrong, but i flashed and it is not crashed.

Then, my trick.

I used my Notebook and installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on an external HDD

After installing put the hdd on the Computer (P35)

i used F8, -f -v cpus=1 (all for the first boot)

Then solution with the video loop and then finished.

Login and have fun. the only thing is to got my DVD running, but i habe a stick ;-)

Sound works, Network works, parallels works and my 8800GT too

The next thing is to try the updates.

GREAT

• 2 months later...

Hi people. This thread seems to be dead. I will bump it with a question about your flawless bios by kabyl.

i have mobo P35 Neo3 (it also responses when called P35 Neo 3-F)

So i have downloaded this bios from the link which is in previous post.

Before installing i would like to ask a question: should i mod my bios if with standard one i get to the aPPle start logo and it freezes or this is not a bios issue.

• 3 months later...

Hi, are there any newer patched p35 bioses?

I am using the patched Bios 7345V18 on a MSI p35-Platinum and would like to upgrade

to a Q9550 CPU which is only supported by V19 BIOS, which is not available as a patched binary.

Who is applying the patch DSDT patches? How is it done? Can anyone help please?

Hi,

I have an MSI P45 Neo F, which is almost the same as the P35. To get it to work, I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. At bootup, i had to type in cpus=1 -legacy -platform -f -v. This also worked on my old Dell to install the Kalyway disk.

You can also upgrade to 10.5.8 by backing up AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleAPIC.kext and AppleEFI.kext from Kalyway 10.5.1. You may need to delete extra kexts after upgrading.

(Note, you need a second Hacintosh install to upgrade past 10.5.5)

Hope it all works out OK.

Zac.

Hi,

I already tried to install OSX to:

MSI P35 Neo

MSI P35 Platinum

MSI G33M

There seems to be an issue with the ACPI implementation of these newer MSI motherboards (I already installed OSX86 in a MSI P965 Platinum motherboard without issues). None of the OSX86 releases work (the computers just reboot a few seconds after booting).

The only thing that kinda works is JaS 10.4.8 in safe mode (useless) and with only one CPU core, with these switches:

-cpus=1 -x

This is not a SATA issue.

This is not a GPU issue.

This is not a general chipset issue (P35 and G33 motherboards from other vendors work, i.e. Asus and Gigabyte)

This is about something weird happening with the ACPI implementation. Researching about this problem, I found that this same strange thing is happening with some notebooks.

Anyone has any information about fixing this problem?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I'm new on this forums and i got G33Platinum mobo ( MS-7345 ver 1.1 ).

the only version of MacOSx86 that actually installs the OS on my computer are the iDeneb series.

My problem is that when i boot up i get stack in the apple screen and my computer freezes. Did you all had the same problem as me ?

Is there an update on a solid solution for this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
i just used the modded bios from here: http://osrom.net/files/BIOS.mod/MB/MSI/734...od.by.Kabyl.zip

and all worked fine with iDeneb 1.5.8!!!

Would this work on a MSI G33m?

I am trying to use the lifehacker tutorial to load my retail snow leopard disc...

But I get a kernal panic during boot stating "Should have 2 threads, but only found 3 for Die 0"

any ideas?