ALERT! Newer MSI P35 and G33 based motherboards don't work with OSX86!

258 posts in this topic

i switched sata mode to achi and its working fine now

everything

usb

lan

sata

ide

video

4 cores

:D

it even sleeps!

I flashed my MSI Neo2-FR with the modified BIOS (7360v17) and am unable to boot into OS X anymore. It keeps hanging at ACPI CA 20051117 [debug...]. I've tried setting ACPI to S1 and S3, both give me the same error message. Disabling ACPI resulted in a kernel panic.

My Leo4all3 install was working with the official MSI 1.8 BIOS with cpus=1. Is there some setting I'm missing with this modified BIOS? Would really love to use all 4 cores. I don't like my q6600 desktop to run OS X slower than my T2350 Core Duo laptop! :P Other than the cores issue, everything seems fine and dandy.

Ok, so I tried MSI's 1.94 beta BIOS for the Neo2-FR and now I can boot OS X without typing cpus=1. However, OS X still shows only 1 core (out of 4) is in use. Perhaps I should try cpus=4?

I was unaware that there is a 1.94 beta bios available. It works on osx86 with 4 cores?

Nope, osx86 still shows only 1 core. I can boot into osx86 without typing cpus=1 with the 1.94 beta bios, that's about the only difference between the official 1.8 and the 1.94b. The multicore issue remains.

It's interesting that 1.94 doesn't requite cpu=1. Anyway.... I took the plunge today and installed the 7345v18 Kabyl modded bios and it worked flawlessly (P35 Neo2 FR). I also never fully got the sleep function to work either as my system would constantly freeze up when coming out of sleep, but I got it working now.

There is a link a page or two back that was posted containing the 7345v18 bios and the amiflash program to get it flashed. To get sleep working (ACPI S3), all I did was go to "network" under "system preferences" and completely remove the airport adapter (something I read that was unconfirmed in a "wakeup/sleep" thread). Now my hackint0sh is running with absolutely everything working ... 10.5.3/sleep/multi-core/sound/video. I still have to boot the system using the "-f" flag though. I figured that once the cache was rebuilt, I wouldn't have to use it, but if I don't the system won't boot.... any help?

Thanks,

kk

I flashed my MSI Neo2-FR with the modified BIOS (7360v17) and am unable to boot into OS X anymore. It keeps hanging at ACPI CA 20051117 [debug...]. I've tried setting ACPI to S1 and S3, both give me the same error message. Disabling ACPI resulted in a kernel panic.

Think you got the wrong bios. The mod Neo2-FR bios is 7345v18. I too took the plunge and now the 4 cores work fine.

It's interesting that 1.94 doesn't requite cpu=1. Anyway.... I took the plunge today and installed the 7345v18 Kabyl modded bios and it worked flawlessly (P35 Neo2 FR). I also never fully got the sleep function to work either as my system would constantly freeze up when coming out of sleep, but I got it working now.

There is a link a page or two back that was posted containing the 7345v18 bios and the amiflash program to get it flashed. To get sleep working (ACPI S3), all I did was go to "network" under "system preferences" and completely remove the airport adapter (something I read that was unconfirmed in a "wakeup/sleep" thread). Now my hackint0sh is running with absolutely everything working ... 10.5.3/sleep/multi-core/sound/video. I still have to boot the system using the "-f" flag though. I figured that once the cache was rebuilt, I wouldn't have to use it, but if I don't the system won't boot.... any help?

Thanks,

kk

Ugh, made a silly mistake. Just found out I had edited my boot.plist with cpus=1, so what I said about the 1.94beta BIOS is moot. The good news is the 7345v18 bios works perfectly! Using 4 cores drove my geekbench score up almost 3000 points! :blink:

Which 10.5.3 update did you use? Jas' combo update? I installed Leo4allv3 just like you and so far, you've been most helpful! Hmm, I don't have to boot with the -f flag but let me check my boot.plist again to be sure. :blink:

DID IT!

Here's the short version on how to get things working with MSI P35 Platinum:

When you flash from Windows, you can use this prog from AMI:

Remember that in Vista you have to start AFUWIN.exe as Admin.

Disable Firewire in BIOS. I have only SATA-drives, so IDE is disabled, AHCI enabled.

• Install Kalyway 10.5 with vanilla kernel, no other options checked.

I installed it on mbr partition.

• Boot up and install JaS 10.5.3 Combo Update.

• Works OK I think.

Thanks! With that BIOS mod I have 10.5.3 OSx86 working perfectly on my P35 Based PC. I used the USB Flash Bios tool, you can find it on the offical MSI forums. I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 instillation, with the sleepkernel, then used the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update to get 10.5.3 working. I didn't need anything for the sound, its working fine. USB devices arn't working very well, so im trying the USB Fix Here Not sure if it works yet, need to restart. Thanks again derdomi, I finally have a fully functional OSx84!

It seems not so many people know msi p35 board work with osx, Hope someone could post a tutorial for the newbies like me

Thanks! With that BIOS mod I have 10.5.3 OSx86 working perfectly on my P35 Based PC. I used the USB Flash Bios tool, you can find it on the offical MSI forums. I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 instillation, with the sleepkernel, then used the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update to get 10.5.3 working. I didn't need anything for the sound, its working fine. USB devices arn't working very well, so im trying the USB Fix Here Not sure if it works yet, need to restart. Thanks again derdomi, I finally have a fully functional OSx84!
Hey man, May I ask you what is your motherboard?Is it MSI p35 platinum?I just wonder if the modified Bios work fine with this board since someone have got a bad flash.

MSI P35 Neo2-Fr

Official 1.8 BIOS

Q6600 CPU

2 gig ram

1 Sata HD

1 USB DVD-RW

BIOS Settings:

MPS Table 1.4

IOAPIC - Enabled

ACPI - S3

HPET - Enabled

EIST - Disabled

Execute Bit - Enabled

AHCI - Enabled

-v -f cpus=1

Leo4Allv3 constantly freezes on install at the line

"CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=128[lssave] clearing CS_VALID"

I've tried multiple bios settings, disabling devices, and a bunch of different switches and it always stops at this exact line every time.

Any suggestions/help?

TIA

I was getting this message when my USB drive was plugged in! Unplug your USB DVD and run installation once again! This worked in my case!

MSI P35 Neo2-Fr

Official 1.8 BIOS

Q6600 CPU

2 gig ram

1 Sata HD

1 USB DVD-RW

BIOS Settings:

MPS Table 1.4

IOAPIC - Enabled

ACPI - S3

HPET - Enabled

EIST - Disabled

Execute Bit - Enabled

AHCI - Enabled

-v -f cpus=1

Leo4Allv3 constantly freezes on install at the line

"CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=128[lssave] clearing CS_VALID"

I've tried multiple bios settings, disabling devices, and a bunch of different switches and it always stops at this exact line every time.

Any suggestions/help?

TIA

I was getting this message when my USB drive was plugged in! Unplug your USB DVD and run installation once again! This worked in my case!

Hello guys,

I can't seem to get audio working on my otherwise fine MSI Neo2-FR with 10.5.4. installed. I tried using the drivers in one of the threads under the sound subforum but none of them worked. I also tried extracting the audio kexts from Leo4allv3 DVD and installing them but that didn't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Mainboard= MSI P35-Neo-F

CPU= 2.4 Ghz Quad Core Q6600

GPU= 8800 GTX

Hard Drive= Sata

DVD Drive= IDE

I flashed my P35-Neo-F mainboard with the revised bios and now I can't get vista to run or install, and Kalyway 10.5.2 still won't boot into the install gui, now I am assuming my latter problem is because of my IDE DVD drives.

I can still boot into the bios, and I can get the install disks to run and such, but whenever I try to install Vista at the end it says that it can set my hard drive to boot and that the installation was unsuccessful.

Anyone have any idea? If it helps I have my hard drive on the fifth Sata port which is separated from the others.

Mainboard= MSI P35-Neo-F

CPU= 2.4 Ghz Quad Core Q6600

GPU= 8800 GTX

Hard Drive= Sata

DVD Drive= IDE

I flashed my P35-Neo-F mainboard with the revised bios and now I can't get vista to run or install, and Kalyway 10.5.2 still won't boot into the install gui, now I am assuming my latter problem is because of my IDE DVD drives.

I can still boot into the bios, and I can get the install disks to run and such, but whenever I try to install Vista at the end it says that it can set my hard drive to boot and that the installation was unsuccessful.

Anyone have any idea? If it helps I have my hard drive on the fifth Sata port which is separated from the others.

I´ve had the same problem. It´s not the bios, i had the problem with the original unmodified bios. The solution for me was to restart the macine after partitioning the harddrives, then it worked

Hey all,

I am new to this stuff and i was wondering if it is possible to run Leo4all v3 with IDE drives... Somebody got it to work. Anybody know how? Thanks.

MacGeek56

My specs:

Mobo: MSI P35 Neo2 Platinum

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 1x 2gb 663mhz

Graphics: MSI Nvidia 7800 GT (HDMI edition)

HDD: 1 x IDE 20GB

DVD: HP dvd 940 IDE

Disk: Leo4All v3

Yes............. Work perfectly!! After bios mod my pc is very "MAC"!!! Thank you!!

MSI P35 PLATINUM

4 GB DDR2

INTEL Q6600@3.6 Ghz

Geforce 8800 gts 320

500 GB MAXTOR SATA

PIOONER DVD SATA

INSTALL METHOD KALYWAY 10.5.2+J.A.S. COMBO UPDATE 10.5.3+OFFICIAL UPDATE 10.5.4

M/B: MSI p965 neo

CPU: Intel 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Chipset: Intel P965

RAM: 2x512 Samsung (also try NCP 1Gb)

HDD: 80Gb SATA Western Digital

CD/DWD SATA Samsung

Nvidia 7600 256mb PCIe

Kallyway 10.5.2

Sorry for my bad english.

Kallyway work wery bad. I have 10-15 kernel panic per day, but i don't know WHY, because crash log is emty.

cpu=1 - not help

HDD and CD-Drive plugged in SATA6 and SATA7 -not help

At BIOS I set "IDE/RAID Controller" to "Disable" - not help

what I do wrong? Help please.

So i've finally got a SATA hard drive so I can install OSX and use it properly but now my network card isn't working!

I know for a fact it works because I installed OSX a few months back on my USB hard drive and got everything working. (also because it works for you guys)

Any ideas why the network is not working? (it works fine in XP)

have I missed a BIOS option or a setting on the Kalyway install?

I'm preparing to do this tomorrow, which distribution should I use? I have Leo4All and Kalyway 10.5.2

I'm running an MSI P35 Platinum, all my hdds and my optical drive are SATA.

From what I gather, I flash the BIOS, then install? Also this cpus=1 thing isn't necessary anymore is it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using MSI P35 Platinum. I'm newbie, so I want to ask somethings before I'm ready to install Kalyway 10.5.2.

1) I've only an IDE DVD Drive (My Hard drive is SATA). Can I use an IDE-to-USB adapter instead to plug into DVD Drive and then plug into USB port to install Kalyway 10.5.2 after I've flash Modified BIOS?

2) Have you change some settings in BIOS before falshing Modified-Bios?

Thanks for your help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using MSI P35 Platinum. I'm newbie, so I want to ask somethings before I'm ready to install Kalyway 10.5.2.

1) I've only an IDE DVD Drive (My Hard drive is SATA). Can I use an IDE-to-USB adapter instead to plug into DVD Drive and then plug into USB port to install Kalyway 10.5.2 after I've flash Modified BIOS?

2) Have you change some settings in BIOS before falshing Modified-Bios?

Thanks for your help. :worried_anim:

Hi there,

you don't need to change anything in you bios after flashing. i don't know about the ide part, but you always can buy a SATA DVD Drive for cheap.

I got my MSI P35 platinum working after modding the bios using osrom.net.

after that installed kaliway 10.5.2

used Gparted to get dualboot with Vista.

Installed drivers.

Installed ComboUpdate kaliway 10.5.3 (selected modbin 9.3) restart

Did appleUpdate 10.5.4

All works

See my setuo: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry867213