Is this pure evil?

40 posts in this topic

Word just can't describe this family, just watch these videos:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

How can she believe this so strongly? And her children :)

I admit, I'm not to keen at the way Jeremy Kyle shouts them down and denounces them, but frankly, don't they deserve it?

For once, I am (almost) speechless...

Tim and LeAnn Phelps

3743 S.W. 12th Street

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-4780

Tim's work: 785-291-5100

Leann's work: phone: 785-233-4162

785 273 4780( Pastor Phelps' Son)

Westboro Baptist Church

3701 SW 12th St

Topeka, KS 66604

(785) 273-0325

Fred W. and Margie M. Phelps, Sr.

Westboro Baptist Church

3701 S.W. 12th Street

Topeka, Kansas 66604

phone: 785-273-0325 and 785-273-0338

fax: 785-273-9228

Karl and Deborah Kay Hockenbarger

James Hockenbarger/Jennifer Hockenbarger

1929 S.W. Lane

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: (913) 233-1848

K-K-Karl's work: 785-296-3959

Fred W. Phelps. Jr. and Betty Phelps

3600 S. W. Holly Lane

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-272-4135

Jr.'s work: 785-296-3195

Margie J. Phelps

3734 S.W. 12th

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-7380

work: 785-296-3317

Ben Phelps

3632 S.W. Churchill

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-233-4162

Rebekah Phelps-Davis and Chris Davis-Phelps

1216 S.W. Cambridge

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-272-7741

Shirley Phelps-Roper and Brent Roper-Phelps

Sam Phelps-Roper

3640 S.W. Churchilll

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-1445/273-0277/272-1619

Shirley's work: 785-233-4162

Brent's work (Foot Locker) 785-273-0068

Jonathan and Paulette Phelps

840 S.W. Watson

Topeka, Kansas 66606

Jonathan's work: 785-233-4162

Elizabeth Phelps

2001 S.W. 2nd Street

Topeka, Kansas 66606

home: 785-234-9694

work: 785-233-0822

Abigail Phelps

3636 S.W. Churchill

Topeka, Kansas 66604

785-273-7262

work: 785-296-7709

Charles W. and Mary Hockenbarger

711 N.W. Page

Topeka, Kansas 66617

home: 785- 246-1567

Rachel Phelps Hockenbarger and Charles F. Hockenbarger

1284 S.W. Hillsdale

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-271-1619

Tim and LeAnn Phelps

3743 S.W. 12th Street

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-4780

Tim's work: 785-291-5100

Leann's work: phone: 785-233-4162

785 273 4780( Pastor Phelps' Son)

Westboro Baptist Church

3701 SW 12th St

Topeka, KS 66604

(785) 273-0325

Fred W. and Margie M. Phelps, Sr.

Westboro Baptist Church

3701 S.W. 12th Street

Topeka, Kansas 66604

phone: 785-273-0325 and 785-273-0338

fax: 785-273-9228

Karl and Deborah Kay Hockenbarger

James Hockenbarger/Jennifer Hockenbarger

1929 S.W. Lane

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: (913) 233-1848

K-K-Karl's work: 785-296-3959

Fred W. Phelps. Jr. and Betty Phelps

3600 S. W. Holly Lane

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-272-4135

Jr.'s work: 785-296-3195

Margie J. Phelps

3734 S.W. 12th

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-7380

work: 785-296-3317

Ben Phelps

3632 S.W. Churchill

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-233-4162

Rebekah Phelps-Davis and Chris Davis-Phelps

1216 S.W. Cambridge

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-272-7741

Shirley Phelps-Roper and Brent Roper-Phelps

Sam Phelps-Roper

3640 S.W. Churchilll

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-273-1445/273-0277/272-1619

Shirley's work: 785-233-4162

Brent's work (Foot Locker) 785-273-0068

Jonathan and Paulette Phelps

840 S.W. Watson

Topeka, Kansas 66606

Jonathan's work: 785-233-4162

Elizabeth Phelps

2001 S.W. 2nd Street

Topeka, Kansas 66606

home: 785-234-9694

work: 785-233-0822

Abigail Phelps

3636 S.W. Churchill

Topeka, Kansas 66604

785-273-7262

work: 785-296-7709

Charles W. and Mary Hockenbarger

711 N.W. Page

Topeka, Kansas 66617

home: 785- 246-1567

Rachel Phelps Hockenbarger and Charles F. Hockenbarger

1284 S.W. Hillsdale

Topeka, Kansas 66604

home: 785-271-1619

:P

It's pure ignorant stupidity, which is why it is not okay to tolerate ignorance.

See my posts addressing this here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20

Sorry, but I disagree. She seems to be a mildly clever person.

The way she speaks with such poison.

It's not stupidity it's pure hate.

These people make me feel bad that I live in the US... Only in the bible belt would there be people that interpret the bible this way. God I hate the south with a fiery passion.

"Dear..., The world, I do not associate myself with these people and their crazy single-minded ideas...."

EDIT: BTW, UZi706, i love you for that info

well it's obviously a fact that you americans are mostly very hard believers (we saw in class a video about those new christians and their patric college or something like that) and that religion is just a piece of {censored} and causes most of the wars (except the oil wars of (again) america). But this family is so sick that i have to puke when i see them. (but the new christians make me puke too. There's a high school in america where the kids in biology that all the old objects we found in the ground, are just objects that became burried after the sin flood (i don't know if it's called the sind flood in america but in belgium it's 'zondvloed'). That's really sick too

but the speech of the leader of that movement is shown in quicktime on a mac :P

Sorry, but I disagree. She seems to be a mildly clever person.

The way she speaks with such poison.

It's not stupidity it's pure hate.

Are you serious?

She is not clever. She is not even mildly clever. She is a product of ignorant brainwashing just like her children are. There is no ounce of "clever" brain tissue in her skull.

She is totally and blatantly ignorant. Ignorance breeds close-mindedness. Close-mindedness breeds contempt and hate for the unfamiliar, or opposing views of yourself. She has pure hate fueled by her stupidity. Any educated person would not do this parade around like this. Education breeds tolerance.

Now here's an interesting parenthetical note to this conversation: Although I disagree with this family in every way, and I absolutely abhor their views and execution of them, look at the medium that they are being interviewed through. This is a sensationalist show that is just fueling their own egos by bashing these people. It is not an intelligent forum for debate, it's simply "Let's put these people on TV and smash 'em to bits."

You may as well go back on the couch and watch the O'Reilly Factor. Sure, it may be the conservative opposite, but I assure you- this is the exact same thing, on the liberal side.

That being said, don't for one second mistake me for saying that I advocate these horrible people. They are a sad reflection.

But take note of the comments on this very thread- they serve to fuel other people's broad generalizations about Christianity and America as a whole. You've been had. You are victims of the exact same thing, just to a lesser degree. Your comments about Christianity and "America" are the exact same broad sweeps.

Every American would say that this does not reflect what America stands for. However, we have people like SpeedFreaK that come on here and relate this to America and start a conversation now about America as a whole, and America's values.

ResX comes on here and relates this to the Bible Belt as a whole, and even the entire south of the United States. Wow.

I need to find a more intelligent group of people to dialogue with.

Here's a thought: Challenge yourself. Stop being a liberal that watches liberal TV and liberal news and hangs out with liberal people. Challenge yourself. Don't just fuel your own views with people of the same viewpoint, sitting together and talking about how right you are. Interact with other ideas, exchange viewpoints, and go outside of your own bubble. Otherwise, you are just as ignorant- you just happen to think you fall on the correct side.

As a final note, to add commentary to this family and these videos, God doesn't say that he hates homosexuals or the world. Quite the contrary, he loves homosexuals and loves the world, but is grieved that people do not follow him, out of love.

You may feel defensive about this post, but that itself shows that it has struck a nerve. That's my entire point exactly.

-3nigma

These people make me feel bad that I live in the US... Only in the bible belt would there be people that interpret the bible this way. God I hate the south with a fiery passion.

"Dear..., The world, I do not associate myself with these people and their crazy single-minded ideas...."

EDIT: BTW, UZi706, i love you for that info

It has already been established that you hate the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, as do most people on this board.

I think we all know this.

post-18909-1186895376_thumb.jpg

to 3nigma:

i'm quit intelligent (yeah :P) but i can't explain myself very well in english because that's not my native language. so i try again: we all know that in america you have those new christians (and 'intelligent and design' is teached in some of your schools) (that doesn't mean that every american is one (but in europe we don't have that :P )) and all i'm saying is that both those new christians and this familly make my puke because there's no such a thing like a god etc...

but you americans still have the most stupid man on earth as president and he thinks that he can do anything cause he's blessed by 'god'

so no offence to americans, but all the extreme religion people in the world are close minded

to 3nigma:

i'm quit intelligent (yeah :P) but i can't explain myself very well in english because that's not my native language. so i try again: we all know that in america you have those new christians (and 'intelligent and design' is teached in some of your schools) (that doesn't mean that every american is one (but in europe we don't have that :P )) and all i'm saying is that both those new christians and this familly make my puke because there's no such a thing like a god etc...

but you americans still have the most stupid man on earth as president and he thinks that he can do anything cause he's blessed by 'god'

so no offence to americans, but all the extreme religion people in the world are close minded

It's ture we have both kinds here but America is mostly just normal people not these crazys. 90% or more of people are not extreests. But the normal people never get air time, thats why it's easy to belive that a whole contrey is gone.

It has already been established that you hate the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, as do most people on this board.

I think we all know this.

fspeechzone.jpg

lol, please, please learn to take a joke. I cant hate anyone, i can dislike people and their overall demeanor, but hate is very strong. And when did i ever say I hate the bill of rights and the constitution, or anyone on this board? I may mock a certain few from time to time, but its never beyond a serious point. When I say I hate the south I mean i hate the way there can actually be people who believe this. And as much as you'd like to believe that I hate you, I dont, youre the one that gives me a reason to wander around the Real Life section ^_^ .

Back on topic, yeah, this lady mustve gone through some crazy trauma or something to think this.

Well, most of them don't answer the phone.

But when I phoned Betty Phelps, she gave me some good advice.

She said I should castrate myself so I can't be {censored} ^_^:gun:;)

well... you could still be {censored} if you castrated yourself - you just couldnt give out - only recieve

her logic is flawed

Back on topic, yeah, this lady mustve gone through some crazy trauma or something to think this.

She make some points, few points, but she is full of hate, and that is not good. She is judging people, and acting like 'if she were god' blah blah.

John 3:18 was addressed, but 3:16 & 3:17 was not. She avoided them. So no, she is not a Christian. Just a demented idiot like Bush.

Nut or not though, she has the right to voice her opinion.

Nut or not though, she has the right to voice her opinion.

Sadly, she does. Im all for freedom of speech, but I wouldnt stand for her picketing at a funeral of some relative of mine. Where I live I've seen the people out picketing on busy street corners against abortion and {censored} rights and stuff, and tahts fine with me, go picket in a public place where people wont care. But a funeral? Thats just low.

Sadly, she does. Im all for freedom of speech, but I wouldnt stand for her picketing at a funeral of some relative of mine. Where I live I've seen the people out picketing on busy street corners against abortion and {censored} rights and stuff, and tahts fine with me, go picket in a public place where people wont care. But a funeral? Thats just low.

Low? Yes. Sick? Yes. But far better than "Free Speech Zones". (Which are unconstitutional)

Regardless of what you believe, speak up, and say it.

But the point here is, that regardless of what you believe, the Constitution protects EVERYONE.

EX: Weather you believe in Guns or not, you have NO right to tell others they can't own one.

But if you don't want one fine. Don't get one. Set up a Star Wars torrent system outside your home or something.

To say otherwise is collectivism, and the fallacy of democracy.

But I want you to realize, that the 2nd amendment was written directly after the 1st so that it can protect

the 1st from tyranny, free speech zones, and the like. You should NEVER use a gun unless you absolutely have to,

to protect your family, or yourself in a bad situation. If your society allows it's own government to take away your guns,

swords, whatever, then you have put ABSOLUTE faith into your government, and handed over your liberty to them in

the 'hope' that they will do everything for you.

If you want to know my viewpoint on the subject, read Machiavelli - The Art of War. He talks about why a society should

bear arms to protect it's liberties from tyranny. It all rolls back to 1776.

If you disarm, you WILL hand over power to those who do not need guns. IE: The military, police, and those who commit murder.

Weather you believe it or not, the 2nd amendment has, in the past, protected your right to speak on this board.