Donate toward a Developers Kit

95 posts in this topic

Just so you realize this...signing up for an ADC Select membership puts you under Apple's NDA. That is, everything you receive from Apple, from the Intel Tansition Kit to prelease seeds of Tiger, are legally protected. You may not redistribute them or discuss them in public. Apple has sued people for breaking their NDAs). If you're willing to risk jail time, millions of dollars (pretty any money you will ever make in your lifetime) and more just for some Saturday night fun, then go ahead. Personally, I'll keep my mouth shut and stick to the law.

I never spammed the forum in any way.

I just pointed out that I will not give a dime for anyone at this site to get a dev box, when they pretty much made this site a black hole for any information of any kind by deleting any and all information on the work being done by OTHERS for osx86.

A STATEMENT TOWARDS THE TOPIC IS NOT SPAM.

Yes it was, I'm about tired of your crying. Quit being so damn negative.

Guest gnubug

*Sigh*

My stomach can't handle all this spam! It's too much!

Now can we please stay on topic? This is a topic to discuss the donating of money to the site to buy a developer kit, or simply just donating money to the site.

Post Deleted.

spam   Audio pronunciation of "spamming" ( P )  

n.

Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

tr.v. spammed, spam·ming, spams

1. To send unsolicited e-mail to.

2. To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

Why are making up a new definition of spamming????

1. I never sent any Unsolicited e-mail or post, or of any commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists or posts, or any individuals, or any newsgroups; or any junk e-mail.

2. So there has not been any such spamming in any manner whatsoever. I stated MY OPINION, ON TOPIC OF POSTS. YOU DID NOT LIKE MY OPINION, AND RATHER THEN JUST ACCEPT IT OR ANSWER BACK WITH YOUR OPINION, YOU WOULD RATHER JUST DELETE AND MAKE THREATS AND TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE I HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, WHICH I HAVE NOT.

You know what? That earned you a ban. :)

What, you can't take a compliment?

Trust me, thats the nicest thing being said about you by ALOT OF PEOPLE right now.

It's amazing your lack of depth, and what you resort too....

I don't care what people think about me.

However, do you care about the image you provide of the community, a moderator of this website and forum? Note this is generally off topic, since what I am talking about has been my general view of you. Not (just) in this subject, but fully.

What, you can't take a compliment?

Trust me, thats the nicest thing being said about you by ALOT OF PEOPLE right now.

It's amazing your lack of depth, and what you resort too....

I don't care what people think about me.

However, do you care about the image you provide of the community, a moderator of this website and forum? Note this is generally off topic, since what I am talking about has been my general view of you. Not (just) in this subject, but fully.

Yeah, I do care about the image of this site. :)

(Edit: thanks for asking. :o)

Hey guys,

Now I have a total of $58.92 USD donated from the community, Thank you all for all of your help. I have about $800 from myself; however, with the recent news about being able to get it to run I think I am going to skip out on buying the dev kit and donate some of this money to the website. If anyone has an objection to this let me know and I'll be sure to send your money back. I just have to find a way to send money through PayPal without a creditcard added. Credit Cards are {censored} and I dont have one. I believe that by adding a checking account I can also send it but until then then money is still in my Posession.

I'm too late to go back and look but whoever posted about their FreeBSD box running Apache thank you for the offer but I no longer need it, and you should check out http://no-ip.com. They will set it up to route your Domain http://whatever.com to your IP address by providing you with NameServers and such, for only about $25 a year.

Thanks Guys,

Anthony Dillavou

Frankly, at think point I do not see the point of buying a Dev Kit from Apple.

With your $800, you should easily be able to build your own.

I think that forwarding the donations to the site is a good idea, but of course it is not my money.

I am going to build my own...Its probably going to cost about $300, but yeah....

Everyone. My decision will be made Monday the 15th of August. The donation will be made as soon as possible after that. I thank everyone for their donation toward the Dev kit but since we no longer need it, I feel that that keeping the community which has been there from the start and informed the world about cracking Apple's wonderful OS to run on any, straight off the line, x86-based computer up and running is a betrter cause.

If I recieve no objections before that time the money will be donated to the website. Hell, your lucky I'm giving you an option. You sent it to me :)

Im going to donate too, however isn't anyone worried about Apple legal and all the terms to the ADC membership, I sure hope that they don't crawl upon this site which isn't very hard considering it is getting alot of attention lately. Be carefull about releasing that image of the harddrive, is it really worth it?

I will donate too... maybe...

Erm, I'm just kidding - just donated $2.53 and made even amount on my Ppal account ;p

Shut up, I'm not rich.

And this is my first post here, by the way. So, I better be welcom here. >;]

apple cant prove that the dev kit, if we did manage to get enough donations was going to be used for the cracking of the OS.

we just want to learn about OSX86.

Well, Apple will not sell a Transition Kit to anyone that they suspect is involved with hacking Mac OS X, this isn't the legal system, they don't have to prove anything to anyone.

And, the "we" is the problem in that, Apple doesn't want "we" leanring about OS X on x86. They just want developers learning so they can port their apps. That's just how it's always been on the Marklar roadmap, developers must lead, not follow.

When I ran a Transition Kit "project", I did so with the only saving grace moving forward to be able to code some powerful bootloaders... Apple gave their nod of approval, but, now that it's out in the wild it's pretty much an exercise in futility... anything anyone can do on a Dev kit they can do with spare parts. A lot of good, and bad, comes with that.