laser vs. standard optical vs. ball mice

mouse technology  

31 members have voted

1. 1. favourite mouse technology

• laser
    • standard optical
    • ball

18 posts in this topic

I'm using the mighty mouse on a 'corepad'. Works perfectly.

Feels like the mouse is much more 'Expensive', yeah hard to explain, but its worth it.

Ow and by the way, in my opinion, the wireless mighty mouse sucks, because it responds way to slow,

I can work much more precisely with the wired mouse.

As I wrote in another thread, since I bought a second hand Apple Pro keyboard I can't use my old Logitech MX700 any longer.

For the life of me I can't make them work together, no matter how I connect them.

Thus I am using a cheap (Eur 10) usb optical mouse (wired) which I happened to have at home.

I might buy a mighty mouse, but it gives me a funny feeling.

Back when I still gamed a rough 20 hours per week I bought the Razar Diamondback :laser:

It was like 50 euros back then, still use it. Best mouse I ever had. (and indeed the Mighty mouse SUCKS. I used it too, just doesn't give you a good feeling.)

Avoid mighty mouses. They suck. After using one for a few days my hand started to hurt and ache. It's NOT very ergonomic. Mice should NOT cause pain.

Well, once you use it for a few months, the 5th finger that you have grown really helps!

Admittedly, they are quite uncomforatable to use, but they are great once you get used to it

I use the Logitech G5 (exactly the same as G7 but powered by USB instead of wireless). It's nice, but the Logitech control center driver does not detect my mouse.

I use the Logitech G5 (exactly the same as G7 but powered by USB instead of wireless). It's nice, but the Logitech control center driver does not detect my mouse.

weird...

I love Microsoft keyboards and mice. :P

prod_top-DS-wOpt4k_noTour.jpg

^ My desktop set. It's truly amazing.

not bad even if it isn't my taste.

G7 > all I don't care if Logitech's cp doesn't support it because I don't use the extra button. Having the battery meter in the mouse and supporting horizontal scroll and speed change is all I need.

I see what you are saying. Unless you want to adjust the sensitivity from default or reprogram buttons you don't need the drivers.