DOWN with Bill O'Reilly

53 posts in this topic

Bill O'Reilly, the Neo-Con Faux News freedom hating dictator wannabe believes that he is the only one that should have freedom of speech.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/media/fox..._real_hater.htm

This is news? LOL

It's like those who tout freedom of religion, but think the freedom corresponds to thier religion only.

He is certainly one of them. Hes a loyalist hater. :)

All I have to say is.... YEAR ZERO:

http://www.symphonyofnoise.com/nails/yearzero/

NiN is unique in their music. I prefer metal, but NiN did the song "The hand that feeds" that I really liked.

His # of viewers have dropped as low as Bush's approval ratings. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... what? The left? What? LOL.

WTF are you even saying?

Whenever I hear something that smacks of brain-damage, I do a double-take. It's a failing in me.

I dont want to shut up the people who disagree with me... how better to illustrate how incorrect and deranged they are, than by allowing them to speak?

Typically, when one side of a debate has nothing to say about the topic, they will resort to personal attacks and shout downs.

Also, those who don't normally check their grammar skills will never be read and are typically filled with hate speech. I found a grammatical error in the second paragraph. If you want to tear someone down, at least have the common decency to use good grammar.

my problem with bill o'reilly isn't his right to free speech. It's the fact that the garbage he spits out of his mouth is received by millions in this country and taken in as fact. It's propaganda at it's worst. Too often in our digital world of streaming media and up to the second news coverage does the general population take what it sees on their TV screens as fact tailored for their fast paced lifestyles. Rarely do they stop and think about what they've just been told. It's like what's going on with global warming/climate change. Why do you think the USA is so unwilling to change it's stand point? It's not that they love their gas guzzling, 5 miles/gallon, seats 35 SUV, it's because ignorant TV personalities tout what they see as fallacies and the people take it as fact. They must know what they are talking about otherwise why would he be on TV?? BS! (to those who don't already) close your eyes, open your mind and learn to think for yourselves again without being told what to think by fools like O'Reilly.

so you believe in freedom so much you want to shut up and fire anyone the disagrees with you???

the hypocrisy on the left would be so laughable some times but what you are calling for is a thought police state.

Ah, but my friend Postal, don't you just KNOW that the leftist elites know BEST what's for all of us??? Especially when they control all education, religion, speech, etc. etc. etc.

/sarcasm off

my problem with bill o'reilly isn't his right to free speech. It's the fact that the garbage he spits out of his mouth is received by millions in this country and taken in as fact. It's propaganda at it's worst. Too often in our digital world of streaming media and up to the second news coverage does the general population take what it sees on their TV screens as fact tailored for their fast paced lifestyles. Rarely do they stop and think about what they've just been told. It's like what's going on with global warming/climate change. Why do you think the USA is so unwilling to change it's stand point? It's not that they love their gas guzzling, 5 miles/gallon, seats 35 SUV, it's because ignorant TV personalities tout what they see as fallacies and the people take it as fact. They must know what they are talking about otherwise why would he be on TV?? BS! (to those who don't already) close your eyes, open your mind and learn to think for yourselves again without being told what to think by fools like O'Reilly.

Honestly though, I think we give the media too much credit...

because it seems like EVERYBODY says "oh were acting this way because of the media, the media is the source of all of our ignorance" bla bla bla.

It appears as if everybody blames the media for their own stupidity and ignorance, but really I believe it comes from a lack of proper education, so they are not able to sift out the truth from lies from what SOUNDS reasonable, just my take on it anyway.

What exactly is a lie? In my book, a lie is intentionally misrepresenting a fact.

I rarely see any professional lie about something. Though I do often see them misinterpret the meaning or significance of something.

A good recent example is comparing Don Imus to Chris Rock. Don Imus says racist things. Chris Rock says racist things. From what I can see, Don Imus says racist things just to be mean, which I'm fine with. Chris Rock's racism is part of his political commentary, which I'm more fine with. They arent the same thing at all, and shouldnt be categorized as being the same. But most of the media doesnt see the distinction at all. While they clearly see the distinction between making comments about black people vs comments about jews, homosexuals, muslims, catholics, etc.

Bill O'Reilly is notorious for his misinterpretations and his intellectual dishonesty. But I've never seen him tell an outright lie about anything. So, at least from my perspective, assuming that people are lying when their opinion is different is not a fair characterization.

I wouldn't call O'Reilly a liar. I would say that he's a puppet like everyone else in the media. He does go to a greater extent in skewing the facts for his own agenda while saying nothing that doesn't have a hint of propaganda in it.

Hell he still believes the US government's statement that Hussein had weapons before this fiasco in iraq. Classic plausible deniability, he's not lying if he doesn't know what the real truth is.

Look at the recent admission of Newt Gingreich to having an affair. This was all during the mess when Clinton was being impeached for getting a {censored} in the oval office and lying about to save his marriage. I'm not saying that is right but O'Reilly went ballistic with clinton over this adultery but when Newt stepped out and said this O'Reilly was ok with it. It's OK if you do the wrong thing just as long as your are part of my political party...WTF?

He's a hypocrite that spreads propaganda among other things but I wouldn't call him a blatant liar.

Bill Orally commits the prime sin, in my book. The prime sin is to assert something is one way because you dont care for someone else's position. If you dont like someone else's position on something, counter their position. And if they dont like your counter, they can counter back. It's a working system, until someone decides that instead of making an argument about what you've said, they will manufacture words, attribute them to you (or deliberately misunderstand your words without transliteration), then use them to prove that you are incorrect. Then it's over, because that is intellectual dishonesty and therefore unredeamable. That's Bill Orally. (among others).

As far as his job... people watch, even if I dont, he gets ratings, so why would he be fired? As much as Bill Orally hates both the freedoms of speech and press, and would deny them to everyone except himself and friends... they still exist, and they give him the right to say basicly whatever he wants (as long as it's not one of the naughty words).

You can't have free speech when coercion is in play.

On a related tangent:

Don Imus is a bit of an ass(me too, so I sympathize), but people listened to his program and he broke no laws. His owners decided to can him, and that's their business.

The real evil folks are the (presumably) Don Imus fans who sent threats of bodily harm to the basketball team over this whole incident. For Shame.

I wouldn't call O'Reilly a liar. I would say that he's a puppet like everyone else in the media. He does go to a greater extent in skewing the facts for his own agenda while saying nothing that doesn't have a hint of propaganda in it.

Hell he still believes the US government's statement that Hussein had weapons before this fiasco in iraq. Classic plausible deniability, he's not lying if he doesn't know what the real truth is.

Look at the recent admission of Newt Gingreich to having an affair. This was all during the mess when Clinton was being impeached for getting a {censored} in the oval office and lying about to save his marriage. I'm not saying that is right but O'Reilly went ballistic with clinton over this adultery but when Newt stepped out and said this O'Reilly was ok with it. It's OK if you do the wrong thing just as long as your are part of my political party...WTF?

He's a hypocrite that spreads propaganda among other things but I wouldn't call him a blatant liar.

It's been a while since I've watched O'Reilly's show, so I don't remember him saying anything about Hussein having WMDs. What I do remember him saying is that Iraq was not fulfilling their part of the cease-fire agreement after Desert Storm.

And here I thought the impeachment was for perjury and for getting others to commit perjury. Maybe sex with an intern was an impeachable offense and maybe it wasn't. It certainly wasn't what he was impeached for.

Bill Orally has made statements to the effect that Hussein definitely had/has weapons of mass destruction, and that they necessarily were smuggled across the border to Syria during the coallition attack.

As to Bill Clinton....... agreed (grudgingly).

Bill Orally has made statements to the effect that Hussein definitely had/has weapons of mass destruction, and that they necessarily were smuggled across the border to Syria during the coallition attack.

As to Bill Clinton....... agreed (grudgingly).

Bush: You found weapons of mass destruction.

Assistant: Um, no we didn't.

Bush: You DID find weapons of mass destruction.

Assistant: What do you think you are doing waving your hand around like that? I'm a Tridarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money.

Bush: Here ya go.

Assistant: Oh, Thank you very much.

Bush: No problem.

It's been a while since I've watched O'Reilly's show, so I don't remember him saying anything about Hussein having WMDs. What I do remember him saying is that Iraq was not fulfilling their part of the cease-fire agreement after Desert Storm.

And here I thought the impeachment was for perjury and for getting others to commit perjury. Maybe sex with an intern was an impeachable offense and maybe it wasn't. It certainly wasn't what he was impeached for.

To be impeached is to be accused, or to face an accusation... Don't confuse impeachment with the removal from office -

Congress failed to remove Clinton from office, but he was impeached, no question.

I never said it wasn't perjury. He lied under oath about his involvement with Lewinsky but he was never removed from office. he got a knobjob then squirted on her dress and said he didn't have sexual relations.

My point from this is that bush invades Iraq under a blanket of lies and has since killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who we were there to liberate. Thousands of coalition troops are dead in combat or combat related events. He violates the constitution almost on a daily basis all for what really? Our protection? Spare me. And you have Bill O'Reilly as a pawn who spreads more and more propaganda without even giving a seconds worth of time to entertaining the fact that most of the american population is too stupid to rationally make a decision on their own. So he feeds off their ignorance, filling in the gaps their minds can't with essentially propaganda. I'd rather take my chances with terrorists than lose the freedoms that the troops are overseas are trying to protect.

for example look at how foxnews reports on global warming link. if the media doesn't make a big scene about something people don't look at it as important (impeachment of bush, wars not going on in iraq (sudan), global warming, shrinking middle class in this country with more and more poor). That's just how the people are in this country.

Bill O'Reilly, the Neo-Con Faux News freedom hating dictator wannabe believes that he is the only one that should have freedom of speech.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/media/fox..._real_hater.htm

This has to be the most ignorant statement I have read in awhile. You probably think that Al Frankin is middle of the road and Don Imus getting fired was the right thing to do. I think you are mistaking Bill for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.