DOWN with Bill O'Reilly

53 posts in this topic

I personally don't exactly see how Bill O'Reilly is trying to "destroy" free speech. If you've ever watched his show, he makes a substantial effort to bring on guests that distinctly disagree with him. He brings on people, regardless of their political stance, in order to have a real debate with the person. Come on now, he even brought on an obnoxious guy from the new Black Panther movement. Most importantly, he doesn't always just override the opposition. He says stuff like, "That's a good point, I agree with you there, you're exactly right, etc etc." If this guy's some neocon like you mistakenly make him out to be, he wouldn't do that.

Seriously now, he allows more free speech on his show than O'Donnel does on hers. Have you ever seen someone on that show that 100% disagrees with Rosie's view on something? I mean come on, she brings in the same old 9/11 conspiracy {censored} on National Television (which has been disproved half a billion times before), and then doesn't even reference legitimate facts for the most part. She's never responsible for what she says, nor does she try to bring an intelligent expert on the subject. Now we can debate the 9/11 conspiracy stuff in another post, but seriously now, O'Reilly brings in far more opposition than many dare to do.

Plus, does anyone else find it strangely ironic that you're trying to fire a guy (and in turn limit his freedom of speech), for supposedly limiting everyone else's?

I personally don't exactly see how Bill O'Reilly is trying to "destroy" free speech. If you've ever watched his show, he makes a substantial effort to bring on guests that distinctly disagree with him. He brings on people, regardless of their political stance, in order to have a real debate with the person. Come on now, he even brought on an obnoxious guy from the new Black Panther movement. Most importantly, he doesn't always just override the opposition. He says stuff like, "That's a good point, I agree with you there, you're exactly right, etc etc." If this guy's some neocon like you mistakenly make him out to be, he wouldn't do that.

Seriously now, he allows more free speech on his show than O'Donnel does on hers. Have you ever seen someone on that show that 100% disagrees with Rosie's view on something? I mean come on, she brings in the same old 9/11 conspiracy {censored} on National Television (which has been disproved half a billion times before), and then doesn't even reference legitimate facts for the most part. She's never responsible for what she says, nor does she try to bring an intelligent expert on the subject. Now we can debate the 9/11 conspiracy stuff in another post, but seriously now, O'Reilly brings in far more opposition than many dare to do.

Plus, does anyone else find it strangely ironic that you're trying to fire a guy (and in turn limit his freedom of speech), for supposedly limiting everyone else's?

WOW...very well put, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

I never asked for him to be fired. I just think he puts thoughts into the minds of ignorant american's who can't sit down and put rational thoughts together themselves. Now is it his problem that they are stupid? No obviously not. O'Reilly can't control the education level of his ignorant viewers (not all of them are ignorant mind you). In the end he's really just another puppet in the global media world of propaganda.