DOWN with Bill O'Reilly

53 posts in this topic

This has to be the most ignorant statement I have read in awhile. You probably think that Al Frankin is middle of the road and Don Imus getting fired was the right thing to do. I think you are mistaking Bill for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

So you hate the 1st amendment too eh?

So you hate the 1st amendment too eh?

No, I don't and neither does Bill. I watch and listen to Bill all the time and none of the things you said about him are true and believe me I do not always agree with Bill. There is no true freedom of speech in America anyway. Don Imus gets fired for saying "nappy headed hoes", but Hip Hop artist can say {censored}, hoe, niggga all day long and its ok. Either no one should be able to say these things or everyone should be able to say them, no double standard. I wish I could have freedom of speech and say exactly what I feel, but OH NO, someone might be offended.

By the way Bill will not get fired, He has some of the highest ratings out there.

Everyone can say "Nappy headed hos". See, I just said it.

The first amendment doesnt protect someone from being fired for what they say, or else the people at the local starbucks would be swearing constantly.

The first amendment doesnt protect someone from being attacked physically for what they say. If someone insults your mother, the first amendment doesnt prohibit you from hitting them. (Local assault laws do that)

The first amendment protects speech from G O V E R N M E N T intrusion. Now, granted, it doesnt always work... but Don Imus wasnt arrested. The FCC didnt take his station's license away, or fine them...

The fact is, that Don Imus lost his employer sponsors (read money). Hip Hop artists dont lose their labels money... They MAKE them money.

It isnt a first amendment issue at all.

Maybe your right, but when it's all said and done Imus lost his job becuase of rasist morons like Al Sharpten and Jesse Jackson. These are the type poeple that seem like they are against freedom of speech not O'Reilly. Why won't anyone stand up to these rasist idiots. Sorry, kinda off topic, but true none the less.

Oh ye preachers of tolerance. How about practicing some :D

I believe in tolerence ! tolerence !! tolerance !!! (until someone disagrees with you)

100% agreed!

I dont see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the racist evil folks and Don Imus is the free-spirited good guy.

I also dont see how Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson got Don Imus fired. Don Imus is notorious for using... incendiary language about other groups. This time, the media coverage was great, the sponsors wanted to distance themselves, which meant the show was losing money, so the show was cancelled and Don Imus was terminated. Radio and TV shows rely on sponsors... when sponsors evaporate, the show is pointless.

Bill Oreilly is a good example of this sort of thing, actually. On numerous occasions, he has tried to boycott companies that he felt were in someway incorrect or contrary to his views. He stated all of this publicly and vociferously... But no one seemed to care about it. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may have called up Don Imus' sponsors and threatened a boycott... But they arent the only ones who do such things. And if they did do it, they proved themselves effective.

Now, as for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson being racist... they are, to a degree. Sensitivity to perceived racism is similar to racism. For instance, I am racist towards black people because I automatically assume they think I'm racist. Playing the racism card really just leads to racism. But sometimes it's too important not to.

I dont see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the racist evil folks and Don Imus is the free-spirited good guy.

I also dont see how Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson got Don Imus fired. Don Imus is notorious for using... incendiary language about other groups. This time, the media coverage was great, the sponsors wanted to distance themselves, which meant the show was losing money, so the show was cancelled and Don Imus was terminated. Radio and TV shows rely on sponsors... when sponsors evaporate, the show is pointless.

Bill Oreilly is a good example of this sort of thing, actually. On numerous occasions, he has tried to boycott companies that he felt were in someway incorrect or contrary to his views. He stated all of this publicly and vociferously... But no one seemed to care about it. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may have called up Don Imus' sponsors and threatened a boycott... But they arent the only ones who do such things. And if they did do it, they proved themselves effective.

Now, as for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson being racist... they are, to a degree. Sensitivity to perceived racism is similar to racism. For instance, I am racist towards black people because I automatically assume they think I'm racist. Playing the racism card really just leads to racism. But sometimes it's too important not to.

Whatever, I am not even going to try. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson aren't racist, give me a freakin' break. However, you have the right to think how you want.

They aren't seen as racists because socially they are 'minorities' and are held in some regards to different standards. A great example was actually something I saw on an episode of Carlos Mencia's Mind of Mencia. If an african american states his black pride and puts a fist in the air it's ok. If a white guys puts a white pride bumper sticker on his car he's a redneck, hillbilly, racist. I think what iRish is trying to say is there's an obvious double standard atleast in the USA today. It was made obvious by the fact that Imus (who I personally don't care for just as I don't care for O'Reilly) was caught on an off news day and such a big deal was made of it. If the same thing had happened on a day when 8 US soldiers were killed by a car bomb in Iraq making them the 3500 casualty of the war do you really think this would have been news? No.

Time to get back on topic with the anti-O'Reilly talk...

I didnt say they werent racists. I said they were... to a degree. I doubt they hate white people, just as I doubt Don Imus hates black people. But both they and Don Imus are... racially insensitive.

Part of the problem with minorities is that they feel bigotry more poignantly than perhaps it actually is. Kernelzero's point is good... many black people do not see their own racism.

People who genuinely hate people from other groups are what we should be worrying about. Not people who are unaware of their own prejudices.

I am sorry I don't give them a pass just because they don't realize they are being racist. They should realize it and fix it. You don't fight racism with racism. Not every issue that happens between blacks and whites is racially drivin and it seems to me that Sharpton and Jackson want to make them that way. SORRY, I know it is off topic, but I can't help myself.

I like Billo. You can't have every station on the planet over run with limp wristed liberals. That gets tiring. It's nice to have an opposing view from time to time.

I agree! I mean come on,Bill... a freedom hater, seriously???

I absolutely agree that racism shouldnt be fought with racism. But conversely, someone who makes racist comments cannot be excused because those who speak out against him have done the same thing.

As to Bill... well, he's got opinions. Some that I dont necessarily disagree with. But he's very disingenuous in finding "proof" to backup his opinions, when the facts don't support them.

I vote with my pocket book (as it were) by not watching Fox News generally and Bill Oreilly specifically. Though granted, he's not nearly as dishonest in his "facts" as Rush Limbaugh. And, like everyone, he makes mistakes. He just doesnt fess up to them.

I absolutely agree that racism shouldnt be fought with racism. But conversely, someone who makes racist comments cannot be excused because those who speak out against him have done the same thing.

I agree!

By the way Bill will not get fired, He has some of the highest ratings out there.

Last time I looked, his ratings were dropping like a rock.

As far as I am concerned, Don Imus can say whatever he wants. His sponsors disagreed, abandoned his ship, and caused him to be canned.

I dont know much about Jesse Jackson, but I do know a bit about Al Sharpton. He's a highly intelligent political animal, with quite a bit of influence in certain circles. He's made racist comments before, and he shouldnt be excused. But his organization is run by him, and his sharp tongue only seems to benefit his constituency. He should try to avoid racism in future, but I find him to be one of the least bigoted public figures I've seen. Al wants everyone to get a fair shake, especially black people. Black people don't get a fair shake, though that's as much their responsibility as anyone else's.

As to Bill... he can say whatever he likes, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone can. I'm for universal free speech. Though when someone has a differing opinion, telling them to shut up because they're an idiot doesnt exactly prove anything.

As to Bill... he can say whatever he likes, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone can. I'm for universal free speech. Though when someone has a differing opinion, telling them to shut up because they're an idiot doesnt exactly prove anything.

Bill is just a nut job that belongs in a mental facility. :P

Bill is just a nut job that belongs in a mental facility. :)

I can't believe you can set here and dog O'Reilly, but fail to metion how nuts Rosie O'Donnell is. Does that Kool-Aid taste good?

Neither of them are crazy. Rosie O'donnell least of all.

Unless I'm mistaken. What might indicate her "insanity"?

Rosie O'Donnell Least of all...HAHAHAHAHAHA!....Fell out of my chair....kept laughing!! No offense, I mean your entitled to your opinion, I just can't fathum why anyone takes this women seriuosly.

I dont take either of them seriously. That doesnt mean either of them is in need of psychiatric assistance (any more than everyone, at least).

Having an opinion other people don't like doesn't make you insane =]

Rosie O'Donnell Least of all...HAHAHAHAHAHA!....Fell out of my chair....kept laughing!! No offense, I mean your entitled to your opinion, I just can fathum why anyone takes this women seriuosly.

This post is extremely unprofessional and counterproductive, next time make a post without an implied insult.

Now, the question I pose to you:

What makes Rosie O'Donnell qualify to be coined with such a denounciation such as "insane?"

This post is extremely unprofessional and counterproductive, next time make a post without an implied insult.

What makes Rosie O'Donnell qualify to be coined with such a denounciation such as "insane?"

And calling Bill O'Reilly names is productive. I will make the post sound however I wish. Who the hell are you? I told the man no offense, but I thought what he said was funny and wanted to express that. What are we trying to "procduce" out of this thread other than the opinions of the posters.? LOL ...Again, gwprod12 I have nothing aginst you I love your thread.

Because IMO she is an idiot, I don't think she is literally insane.

O'Reilly's ratings have fallen faster than Bush's. I think it is quite funny how nobody likes the crackpot.

Next time he airs. I'm going to call into his show, and call him a loony. ;)

Even though I don't agree that he is a loony I think that would hilarious.

LOL, I'm gonna do it if I can get through.