Working TV tuners (pci and usb)

22 posts in this topic

I was happy to find out after purchasing eye tv from elgato that my Pinnacle HD pro stick USB (PC) works perfectly on my Dell 8300 (10.4.8) my Inspiron 6000 (10.4.9) as well as the "Real" macs in the house. now I have my justification to get Atv... record in eye TV and playback on the Wega...not the ideal DVR solution.... but it works for us! :thumbsup_anim:

I know this doesnt really apply here but maybe someone can put the information where it does belong.

I had my ATI RemoteWonder working flawlessly with osx86 10.4.7 / 10.4.8 / and 10.4.9. It worked with VLC, iTunes, and Apple's DVD player. This was using the driver provided by ATI for OS X.

I have a WinTV and an ATI HDTV-wonder, both PCI. I never really thought to try them to see if they'd work.

Can you get eyetv software without buying their hardware or must i dress up again and play johnny depp's role? I have a Cat's eye PCI HD tuner card, myHD130 HD tuner card and two Avermedia A180 HD tuner cards and would love to get one of them working.

Thats my concern, I haven't found anything around here with regards to PCI based HD tuner cards, only USB. I've asked on all the IRC channels and was met with silence.

You can purchase their software. But You may want to ensure your current HW works.

I have a generic BT878 WinTV tuner that has partial support under iTV 0.4 Intel, getting a horrible yellowish cast on the video with linear interlacing and getting the image cropped when using linear interlacing.

Gonna try and find a USB tuner like most of you have done, I just hope it'll work right out of the box.

You can try HDHomerun from SiliconDust, http://www.silicondust.com. It is a streaming solution with dual tuners, decodes both analog/HD cable and digital (QAM unencrypted). Best of all, you can use it from several clients, running Mac, Linux or Windows. It also works well with MythTv. The interface is perhaps not the best out there, but people are working on it.

Now I wish this worked with my FiosTV, however here in NJ they apparently encrypt all digital channels. In other words, if you want to use it for digital cable make sure it is unencrypted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was happy to find out after purchasing eye tv from elgato that my Pinnacle HD pro stick USB (PC) works perfectly on my Dell 8300 (10.4.8) my Inspiron 6000 (10.4.9) as well as the "Real" macs in the house. now I have my justification to get Atv... record in eye TV and playback on the Wega...not the ideal DVR solution.... but it works for us! :P

i bought the same one but the picture keep jump do you have any problem like that. ?