Would You Buy a Professional Installation CD?

Eggman

Apple's Marketing Plan  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Buy a Professional Installation CD?

• Yes
    • No

18 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to how much money Apple could make if they actually sold a method to install it on PCs. If this has made you want a professional version for your computer, say so!

If you have something related to say to Apple, feel free to rant to them!

To Apple: Behold the possible profits! You must realize that most people with a computer are happy with the one they have. Many people are just scared of buying a system running an operating system they've never used (I know I was the first time I was forced to use a Mac). Now, I love it! If you release a version of Tiger for Average Joe computers, a lot of people would consider switching.

I would pay upto $500 if they would release a disc for standard x86 systems

For that money you can buy a fine Mac Mini... (even before christmas)

I would buy one for the pc, but first a new Mac.

If I can't wait long enough a Quad G5, or else the Eight I6... :)

For that money you can buy a fine Mac Mini... (even before christmas)

I would buy one for the pc, but first a new Mac.

If I can't wait long enough a Quad G5, or else the Eight I6... :(

Sorry on the delayed reply :), that was AU$500 which is about US$300 i think

• 3 weeks later...

Their margins are in hardware. They'll never do this, Steve killed off the 'clones' once before, and I don't think he'll start it again.

I'd prefer to just close this topic, but feel free to vote on it anyway for the time being, even though it will never happen.

They'll never do this

I don't think that this thread was about whether they'll sell OS X Standalone or not, just if it would be bought. That Apple is a hardware company and makes its profits by selling their computers is clear i think.

I would definitely go for it, being that now I'm starting to do a lot of digital arts and stuff like that, and Mac is the best platform for that.

Plus, it seem as if Vista is not goin to offer much for the average user once it's out, so I might as well go with somethin that seems like it has momentum behind it.