the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch

135 posts in this topic

- If I apply ppf-o-matic it will replace my already supported intel ATA controller with a generic ATA?

- Which motherboard, CPU do you have?

- Is there a way to fix it without applying ppf?

I'm asking this because I already have an supported hardware (D915PCY + P4 SSE3, NX, PAE)

I have the same question regarding Serial ATA (SATA) ICH7. Can anyone post the text from the info,plist of the AppleIntellPIIXATA.kext package so I can see if my system would be supported? (Thanks) Most of the kext I have seen for ICH7 just have the IDE channel listed and I need the AHCI and RAID to be listed as well.

Thanks!

Make sure your processor meet the min. requirements. Those with SSE2 and without NX/DX are out of luck until a fix is released. I have tried so many ways to install this native and vmware, it's pathetic. If some can correct me on this, it would certainly be good news, at least for people like myself.

That is incorrect. On Maxxus' site there is:

mach_kernel.nonx: supports SSE2 CPUs, does not require NX/XD CPU support

That is incorrect. On Maxxus' site there is:

mach_kernel.nonx: supports SSE2 CPUs, does not require NX/XD CPU support

Now think really hard. Now many people and what type of board/cpu are successful in running 10.4.3? I posted that post before I actually saw Maxxuss' dvd PPF. I installed fine on vmware (finally). Never-ending auto-reboot in native. Remeber, that patch for SSE2 no NX/XD support was meant for VMWare.

/Bait-->If you can prove me wrong, go for it. <-- Bait/

PS. Then again, it might incompatble drivers. Who know... It'll work itself out sooner or later.

Using the PPF patch from Maxxuss, my 10.4.1 machine won't boot the installer DVD natively. I've tried the standard method, and the mach_kernel.nonx and both cause the machine to reboot once the Darwin bootloader is executed.

I'm lost for now... :D

Remeber, that patch for SSE2 no NX/XD support was meant for VMWare.
Many people have had success outside of VMWare, but you still need PAE. Although the CPUs have supported PAE for ages, many motherboards don't turn it on unless you have 4+GB RAM or NX. This includes the ASRock P4Dual-915GL, which was featured in the "$199 Hackintosh" stories -- it won't run native on this board unless you have an NX CPU, and PAE is why.

stryder, If you have windows/vmware.

- mount the iso on daemon tools

- mount the physical drive on vmware

- do a normal 10.4.3 install. If any errors, use the other mach_kernel provided

- in OSX install, go to Dist Util. and erase the partition or disk you want to install 10.4.3 (pay attention on this step)

I have no other solution if you don't have windows/vmware install.

it won't run native on this board unless you have an NX CPU, and PAE is why.

You read correctly. That's why some of us have to wait for another circumvent. It's obviouse that the newer chips and board are supported.

stryder, If you have windows/vmware.

- mount the iso on daemon tools

- mount the physical drive on vmware

- do a normal 10.4.3 install. If any errors, use the other mach_kernel provided

- in OSX install, go to Dist Util. and erase the partition or disk you want to install 10.4.3 (pay attention on this step)

I have no other solution if you don't have windows/vmware install.

You read correctly. That's why some of us have to wait for another circumvent. It's obviouse that the newer chips and board are supported.

Thanks for the help.

I have Windows XP, but I don't have VMWare. I remember when this first came out I tried to find VMWare, but it looked like a commercial app., and I couldn't find it anywhere.

I just tried again with -v, and it reboots when it tries to load the Extensions.kext.

I don't know exactly what else to say. I'm using a 915GAVL board, so it _should_ work with just a TPM bypass. :)

I guess others are having this problem too but... I am getting some kind of panic error when I load the patched disc. 10.4.1 works great but this one attempts to go and then no go.. just thought i should post what it shows on my screen... Itried in VMware and also native. if anyone has any ideas let me know. my main reason for posting this is for helping everyone out.. would like to get it going though. let me know.. thanks....

http://www.geocities.com/damasta952/native1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/damasta952/native2.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/damasta952/vmware10.4.3.jpg

Thanks for the help.

I have Windows XP, but I don't have VMWare. I remember when this first came out I tried to find VMWare, but it looked like a commercial app., and I couldn't find it anywhere.

I just tried again with -v, and it reboots when it tries to load the Extensions.kext.

I don't know exactly what else to say. I'm using a 915GAVL board, so it _should_ work with just a TPM bypass. :)

I think I've figured it out. From Maxxuss's page:

"PAE" stands for "Physical Address Extension" and allows your CPU to address more than 4 GB of pyhsical memory. It is enabled by Mac OS X's kernel; sorry no work-around for this. PAE is actually a quite old technology (first found in the Pentium Pro), so current Intel and AMD CPUs should have this feature. However, some issues, probably related to motherboards/chipsets/RAMs, might cause trouble with native (i.e. non-VMWare) installations - typically, you experience an instant reboot after the boot prompt in this case. This issue is currently under investigation. Note: Some users observed that their motherboard will allow PAE only if the NX feature is enabled or full 4 GB of RAM are installed. If your CPU supports NX/XD, make sure you use the original or my SSE2 kernel with NX enabled.

My Intel board is obviously having problems with this. I don't have 4GB of RAM kicking around, so I'll have to wait...

Hi,

I used the terminal to convert the dmg to iso :

hdiutil convert /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg -format UDTO -o /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso

then mounted it:

hdiutil attach -readwrite /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso.cdr

then copied the 10.4.3 AntiTPM_10 patch to usr/libexec/oah

then burnd to dvd.

try to boot with dvd but it wont work ,it just restart and i'm back in 10.4.1

Has anyone succeed??????

:)

Arggg.. I can't get this to work. I also have the Asrock 775 Dual915GL and the P4 630. I did everything you said and burned with Disk Utility (which worked for you). I just get a kernel panic. I made sure to enable the XD bit in the bios, but it sitll doesn't work.

I also tried converting to iso with hdiutil and applying the new PPF patch. The PPC version of PPF-O-Matic keeps crashing so I had to use the Java version, which seemed to work. Except when I try it, I can't get past the bootloader. It says press any key to install, so I press any key, and it just asks me agin. I keep preessing any key and it keeps asking me. So it doesn't work either.

So now I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it's because I'm using rewritable media? It seems I'm getting the farthest with the unmodified image. If anybody has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: SOLVED!!!

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I had another gfx card installed that I use for Windows. To use the onboard video, I have to enable it in the BIOS. But this setting doesn't disable whatever other graphics cards might be installed (dual display mode), so 10.4.3 was confused by this. I'm guessing the problem is Apple must've added dual display support in 10.4.3 but it doesn't work with a VESA card and an accelerated card (don't know if it works with a pure unaccelerated setup). Anyway, I just pulled the card and everything was fine. It took a lot longer to install than 10.4.1, but it was worth it. This thing freakn' FAST! Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PPC) is quite playable now and DVD playback WORKS! - As does flash in Safari. But it's amazing how much faster this thing is. EVERYTHING is faster. The only problem I had was no sound, but I installed the AppleAC97Audio.kext and everything was running great.

The PPC version of PPF-O-Matic keeps crashing so I had to use the Java version, which seemed to work. Except when I try it, I can't get past the bootloader. It says press any key to install, so I press any key, and it just asks me agin. I keep preessing any key and it keeps asking me. So it doesn't work either.

So now I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it's because I'm using rewritable media? It seems I'm getting the farthest with the unmodified image. If anybody has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

On a MAC, don't open PPF-O-MATIC first. Just double click the MAXXUS PPF file . It should open PPF-O-Matic. then select the DTK1043 image file and APPLY. This should work without crashing. Took me a few hours of experimenting to solve this!

10.4.3 installed and working on an INTEL D915GUXLK board with Pentium4 2.8. Even the firewire video capture works with imovie HD!

My Intel board is obviously having problems with this. I don't have 4GB of RAM kicking around, so I'll have to wait...

I've seen you board type floating around that works. Have you tried to download everest and check your processor ID and are you certain you board can't support DX? I would cover all bases before giving up. At least it gives you something to do while waiting. VMWare is commercial, but you have to sign up on there site and download it. They will send you a few month trial key whch is long enough to play with until you decide to get the official OSx86.

Maybe it's because I'm using rewritable media?

Rewritables are what most of us use so we don't keep coastering good disks. That shouldn't be the issue.

I converted and burning the 10.4.3 image which went fine... I wasn't able to add any custom kext though. Plus I am not to clear on the procedure. So if you can make a suggestion...

I do however need some more help...

1. I have a standard keboard and the left shift doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know how to fix it? I went through the keyboard config by hitting the key to the left of the left shift and the same on the right. I selected US...
  2. My ethernet is no longer working. It worked under 10.4.1. I have a Intel 945g motherboard (Dell Dimension 5150) with built in Intel ethernet. Can anyone help? I added the missing AppleIntel8255x.kext and edited it for my device. See the code below... I wasn't sure if I could delete the rest of the devices or even if my syntax is correct.

And of course my Sigmatel 9220xxx Audio is not working. But my xbench went from 40ish to 88.16.. Nice boost.

Please check the kext text below and let me know what I did wrong. I hadded the text in red below. Thats all and then put the kext in the extensions folder and did a sudo chmod and sudo chown. I also deleted the kext cache and fixed permissions... A bit lost now.

Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>AppleIntel8255x</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>1.4, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2001-2004</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntel8255x</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>Intel 8255x Ethernet Driver</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.4</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>1.4</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>8255x</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntel8255x</string>

<key>Flow Control</key>

<false/>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>Intel82557</string>

<key>IODefaultMedium</key>

<string>00000020</string>

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x02000000&0xffff0000</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x27DC8086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Transmit Threshold</key>

<integer>512</integer>

<key>Verbose</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.4</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.6</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0b2</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0b2</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0b2</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>8.0.0b2</string>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Network-Root</string>

</dict>

</plist>

On a MAC, don't open PPF-O-MATIC first. Just double click the MAXXUS PPF file . It should open PPF-O-Matic. then select the DTK1043 image file and APPLY. This should work without crashing. Took me a few hours of experimenting to solve this!

10.4.3 installed and working on an INTEL D915GUXLK board with Pentium4 2.8. Even the firewire video capture works with imovie HD!

Hi

I have a 915GUXLK motherboard as well. I've made md5-correct .iso's and applied the patches in both os X and windows and get a panic upon boot. does running any pci-e video cards or pci cards agitate the kernel? What version is your bios? Anything else done besides a ppf'ed iso and burn? boot flags? Thanks

If anyone has got 10.4.3 running on a laptop, does it have any of the battery life extending features, like processor speed downscaling?

I think many laptop users will have the same problem as me:

I'm running 10.4.1 on a laptop with Pentium M (banias=1M cache) and I can't install 10.4.3 because the CPU doesn't have PAE support (find out with cat /proc/cpuinfo):

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm

I was waiting so long for functional ATI drivers and now I can't install it ;)

Hi

I have a 915GUXLK motherboard as well. I've made md5-correct .iso's and applied the patches in both os X and windows and get a panic upon boot. does running any pci-e video cards or pci cards agitate the kernel? What version is your bios? Anything else done besides a ppf'ed iso and burn? boot flags? Thanks

VERSION EV91510A.86A.0213

I just applied the patch and burned DVD. I had trouble booting from the DVD because it kept booting from the hard drive with 10.4.1, but changing the boot priority in BIOS to DVD-ROM drive. I have no video cards just bullt-in GMA900, a netgear gigabit NIC and NEC firewire card.

It's not as simple as a real mac by pressing the "C" key to boot.

I've seen you board type floating around that works. Have you tried to download everest and check your processor ID and are you certain you board can't support DX? I would cover all bases before giving up. At least it gives you something to do while waiting. VMWare is commercial, but you have to sign up on there site and download it. They will send you a few month trial key whch is long enough to play with until you decide to get the official OSx86.

I've just discovered my CPU is a 505, and not a 505j, which means I don't have execute disable ("NX") on my processor. That's what my problem is.

I'll have to wait. Atleast I have 10.4.1, and a real Mac as well. ;)

I'm definately getting stoked about the reality that we (Pentium M (first gen) owners) may soon be able to run with ATI driver support!!!

Maxxuss is quite the master when it comes to this art...

Once AppleAirport2 is recompiled, virtually everything on many intel/ati notebooks will be good to go...

I'm just hoping I'm not stuck at 10.4.1 due to the PAE not being activated.

after a few coasters and different methods of making the DVD and such, i finally got it working but the catch is that i had to pull my Nvidia pci-e card. This is on a 915 guxlk SSE3 celeronD 330J.

Anyone got it to work with their nvidia pci-e card? Would like to put it back in so i can play games in windoze.

10.4.3 is good so far, i noticed the processor prefpane is gone though. It was pretty cool!

hi there m8

Ive got a gforce 6600gt everytime i try to install i kept resetting until i fugured out to remove the gforce and enable the gma 900 after that evrything was fine, Once installed i plugged the gforce back in but still no quartz extreme or coregraphics tho sorry .

hi there m8

Ive got a gforce 6600gt everytime i try to install i kept resetting until i fugured out to remove the gforce and enable the gma 900 after that evrything was fine, Once installed i plugged the gforce back in but still no quartz extreme or coregraphics tho sorry .

so you are running off the card in VESA 3.0 mode, like in 10.4.1? Ahh, it really is much nicer when the gfx are supported... Might stay on intel for a while.

peace