the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch

135 posts in this topic

To those of you that want a quick listing of what features are supported by your CPU and which ones aren't. You have but to go to system profiler, and click on CPU. It will list all the relevant information there.

To those of you with Pentium M's in your notebooks, are you sure you don't have PAE? Because I do on mine. But no NX/DX i'm afraid...at least, not from what I can tell.

I've tried the new Maxxuss patch with the Install DVD. I replaced the oah files and the kernel with his, and it still reboots as soon as it starts Darwin.

I'm lost for now. My P4 _should_ work with the SSE3 non NX modified kernel, shouldn't it?

I was hoping to just get the DVD to boot into the installer, and then go from there.

I have a 945P chipset motherboard and a Pentium D processor SSE3, PAE, XD. It should work, but I keep getting a kernel lock when I boot with no options. And when I add platform=ACPI or ADP2,1 or X86PC or OSX86 I get the error "Unable to find driver for platform "ACPI" and it crashes.

Any thoughts? I have my IDE as compatible mode, so it's treating my SATA as PATA. My OS X 10.4.1 works perfectly.

Edit: I compiled two kexts from Darwin source, AppleI386GenericPlatform.kext and AppleI386PCI.kext will try to boot off the DVD using -x to see if they will load. I'll post my results here.

how do you figure out if you've got the new Dothan processor or not?

edit: okay, so I went and ran my PC in google. It said I have dothan 1.8ghz, but i only get 1.6, but it also said I have NX. very confusing stuff.

I have a 945P chipset motherboard and a Pentium D processor SSE3, PAE, XD. It should work, but I keep getting a kernel lock when I boot with no options. And when I add platform=ACPI or ADP2,1 or X86PC or OSX86 I get the error "Unable to find driver for platform "ACPI" and it crashes.

Any thoughts? I have my IDE as compatible mode, so it's treating my SATA as PATA. My OS X 10.4.1 works perfectly.

Edit: I compiled two kexts from Darwin source, AppleI386GenericPlatform.kext and AppleI386PCI.kext will try to boot off the DVD using -x to see if they will load. I'll post my results here.

First only change the oa* files, don't change any kext because it will make your image unusuable so try to convert the DMG again to ISO on mac 10.4.1 (read the begining of this thread) and then mount it as readwrite, then only change the oa* files, and try to boot and see that happens.

I've done this but unfortunatelly didn't work on my D915PCY but the same DVD worked with an D915GAGL so maybe there's something wrong with maxxus oa* files or a kext because after I installed it on a D915GAGL and then I installed this hard drive into my D915PCY motherboard i worked flawlessly.

I'm using a P4 640 and P4 620 CPUs

Good luck and let us know what happened.

First only change the oa* files, don't change any kext because it will make your image unusuable so try to convert the DMG again to ISO on mac 10.4.1 (read the begining of this thread) and then mount it as readwrite, then only change the oa* files, and try to boot and see that happens.

I've done this but unfortunatelly didn't work on my D915PCY but the same DVD worked with an D915GAGL so maybe there's something wrong with maxxus oa* files or a kext because after I installed it on a D915GAGL and then I installed this hard drive into my D915PCY motherboard i worked flawlessly.

I'm using a P4 640 and P4 620 CPUs

Good luck and let us know what happened.

I followed the steps initially and patched the TPM files (oah750d oah750). That was my first attempt it just came up with the reboot message. So I know the DVD attempt won't work, what I've moved onto now is installing from the ISO onto a HD inside 10.4.1 just using the OSInstall.pkg I'll attempt to boot this install and hack around with the installed kexts.

I followed the steps initially and patched the TPM files (oah750d oah750). That was my first attempt it just came up with the reboot message. So I know the DVD attempt won't work, what I've moved onto now is installing from the ISO onto a HD inside 10.4.1 just using the OSInstall.pkg I'll attempt to boot this install and hack around with the installed kexts.

I didn't need to hack the kexts after I installed it on a D915GAGL motherboard and moved to my D915PCY that's why I think there's something wrong the IOATAFamily.kext or with the oah75* files.

I didn't need to hack the kexts after I installed it on a D915GAGL motherboard and moved to my D915PCY that's why I think there's something wrong the IOATAFamily.kext or with the oah75* files.

I'm led to believe that as well, but nontheless I'm doing some of the old mods on the new install, like getting my SATA working using Darwin source. We'll see if I can get it to boot.

Edit: I've added AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and modded it so it includes my ICH7 controller ID, it boots to the point where it loads my Network card (3c905c yes I also compiled that) and loads the SATA controller but it hangs shortly after with no error message.

I guess maybe right now the TPM patch is only working with comps that have onboard video ability. My CPU is reported as a XD EMT64, lists PAE and SSE3. So I know I shouldn't have to patch much. I've tried the No NX/XD patch and the boot loader patch, no success.

I guess maybe right now the TPM patch is only working with comps that have onboard video ability. My CPU is reported as a XD EMT64, lists PAE and SSE3. So I know I shouldn't have to patch much. I've tried the No NX/XD patch and the boot loader patch, no success.

Uh you don't need the No NX/DX patch. Just enable NX/DX and you're good to go. All you have to do is patch the TPM via replacing the Rosetta files (oah750 & oah750d) and you should be able to boot it natively. That should be the ONLY patch you need.

Uh you don't need the No NX/DX patch. Just enable NX/DX and you're good to go. All you have to do is patch the TPM via replacing the Rosetta files (oah750 & oah750d) and you should be able to boot it natively. That should be the ONLY patch you need.

That was what I tried the first time. I get a kernel panic. My last comments are just listing the other things I've been playing around with to troubleshoot the problem.

DeathChill we already did that but unfortunatelly the DVD doesn't boot on our D915P nor D945P because our chipsets doesn't have onboard video, I'm telling you this because I've tryied installing using my patched DVD (only added oa* files) and installed it on a D915GAGL, then after I successfully installed 10.4.3 I moved this hard drive to my D915PCY and it works flawlessly, I didn't had to mod any kext.

I've burnt the dvd and tried to install get the first install screen(select language) but have no keyboard or mouse suppport. Any suggestions? anybody :-)

i had exactly same problem.

but solved by

Instructions:

1) Convert 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg to .iso using UltraIso 7.6.1.xx.

md5 checksum: e7d86fefb4b5155890addbf7fae19398

2) use ppf-o-matic3.exe to apply the 1043native.ppf to the iso (Do not check Apply undo-patch-data)

3) copy the files "oah750" and "oah750d" to the folder "/usr/libexec/oah" (can use transMac or hdiutil)

Make sure your processor meet the min. requirements. Those with SSE2 and without NX/DX are out of luck until a fix is released. I have tried so many ways to install this native and vmware, it's pathetic. If some can correct me on this, it would certainly be good news, at least for people like myself.

Anyone with a VIA K8T800Pro chipset and Venice core with a succesful 10.4.3 native installation ? I went through these steps: Converted DMG to ISO with hdiutil. Booted into windows and applied ER's 1043native.ppf. Went back to osx and added pianoman and myzar's InstallerPatchv2. Replaced oah with Maxxuss version SSE3 and NX.

When i boot i get a kernel panic and the multilanguage reboot screen, i will post the error code. BTW thanks maxxuss.

Anyone with a VIA K8T800Pro chipset and Venice core with a succesful 10.4.3 native installation ? I went through these steps: Converted DMG to ISO with hdiutil. Booted into windows and applied ER's 1043native.ppf. Went back to osx and added pianoman and myzar's InstallerPatchv2. Replaced oah with Maxxuss version SSE3 and NX.

When i boot i get a kernel panic and the multilanguage reboot screen, i will post the error code. BTW thanks maxxuss.

Yep the same problems I'm having. Pentium D @ 3.37 GHz, PAE SSE3 NX/DX

i had exactly same problem.

but solved by

Instructions:

1) Convert 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg to .iso using UltraIso 7.6.1.xx.

md5 checksum: e7d86fefb4b5155890addbf7fae19398

2) use ppf-o-matic3.exe to apply the 1043native.ppf to the iso (Do not check Apply undo-patch-data)

3) copy the files "oah750" and "oah750d" to the folder "/usr/libexec/oah" (can use transMac or hdiutil)

- If I apply ppf-o-matic it will replace my already supported intel ATA controller with a generic ATA?

- Which motherboard, CPU do you have?

- Is there a way to fix it without applying ppf?

I'm asking this because I already have an supported hardware (D915PCY + P4 SSE3, NX, PAE)