JaS 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Only Combo Update

Schweppes

191 posts in this topic

anyone got this working with ASUS P5WDH DELUXE????

Which of the two versions should i choose ?

Mach_kernel (w/HPET & NoNX)

Mach_Kernel.nohpet (NoNX also)

HOW DO I DO THIS...A must do ?

Disabled_Extensions folder w/ updated hardware kexts ( you can update the kexts as you see fit after the OS update is installed)

Disabled_Frameworks folder w/ the new opengl framework in it. If you use the new graphics card kexts + new iographics kext then also use this framework.

A Package to install the 10.4.4 Loginwindow for proper cpu detection

{censored}-x's SMB/AFS fix for 10.4.7 . I needed this for proper windows file sharing .

Thank you Braymond 141 for your clairty and of course vast thanks to the wonderful Jas for reminding people, including myself, to read his instructions.

You're welcome. I'm glad my frustration led to someone elses answer ;)

Updated and most working fine so far, thanks.

1. mach_kernel and several other default hidden files/folders became visible after update.

2. About This Mac and System Profile show my CPU as 2.8 GHz Intel Core Solo, actually it is a P4 520. All previous versions don't have this problem.

3. Sleep still doesn't work. When trying to wake the computer up, I saw HD lid flashing continuously and computer lost response.

Working very well here. I put all the disabled extensions back in the extensions folder. I had to use old Ionewtworking and Ioatafamily but apart from that I am 100% 10.4.9. My 3.0ghz P4 prescott is now a 3.0ghz Core Solo but I can live with that. I do find it interesting that this is the first release that system profiler doesn't say apple developer platform. Thanks again JAS

Working very well here. I put all the disabled extensions back in the extensions folder. I had to use old Ionewtworking and Ioatafamily but apart from that I am 100% 10.4.9. My 3.0ghz P4 prescott is now a 3.0ghz Core Solo but I can live with that. I do find it interesting that this is the first release that system profiler doesn't say apple developer platform. Thanks again JAS

Are you saying that you use 10.4.9 AppleSMBIOS.kext?

Bruce

You sound surprised :P , and for the people with slow systems or skipping sound do this.Read the torrent description .. focus on the part aobut setting your fsb=xxx boot option.

If you have set it to the correct fsb then ignore this advice.

i just live by the words "if somewthing can go wrong, it will". no need for any edditing of anything

Thanks for the quick reply. My system use only AppleSMBIOS.kext and IOATAFamily.kext from Paulicat, the rest from 10.4.9.

Bruce

Yeah I tried to edit my ionetworking to add support for my yukon but it wouldn't take it, so I reverted beck to the old kext.

Hey, are U sure almost kexts from disabled extensions is fully working?

Simple replace the old ones with the new ones, delete kextcache and repair Permission?

Hey, are U sure almost kexts from disabled extensions is fully working?

Simple replace the old ones with the new ones, delete kextcache and repair Permission?

At least the one that were included in the JaS release. I Chmod and Chown prior to repairing permissions

I've installed JaS update on an old 10.4.6 install upgraded to 10.4.8. Worked fine until reboot, then I lost my USB devices!

Retried from a clean install of JaS 10.4.8 PPF1. Worked fine, but I got stuttering sound on my AC97 sound source (ADS70). B)

After an edit of the com.apple.boot.plist for the FSB problem, the computer is running perfectly!

JaS, you're an ace! :P

Cheers to all others contributors!

hi, i installed new kernel 8.9.1, i set my correct frequency and boot/work fine..

but..

in my system.log i see continue this error:

kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_mifki_r3d3"

how to for fix?

Thanks..

hi, i installed new kernel 8.9.1, i set my correct frequency and boot/work fine..

but..

in my system.log i see continue this error:

kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_mifki_r3d3"

how to for fix?

Thanks..

Just checked my System log, I have the same error as well, but the system works well.

Bruce

10.4.9 doesn't recognize very well the P4 processors. Here, "about this mac" shows "3GHz unknown" at Processor. I have the AppleSMBIOS.kext from 10.4.8 (Paulicat's). I live well with this, especially because the frequency is shown correctly. I saw in other ATM pictures here, the P4 wrong recognized, but the Core Duo or Core 2 Duo processors well recognized.