JaS 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Only Combo Update

Schweppes

191 posts in this topic

after updating to 10.4.9 .. my xbench went from 140 to 132 .. and at the apple logo screen with that little rotating thingy in the bottom .. before updating it used to rotate for 5 rounds and went into osx .. now its taking 12 rounds ...and i am noticing that programs load slower than before..

i have already set the fsb=266 ..

anything i should correct .. ??

p.s. i dont understand the disabled/hidden kext thingy.. can someone please explain ?

thanx

10.4.8 -> 10.4.9 Updates went fine

thanks goes to JaS.

what about Extensions_Disabled ?

what should i do with this folder ?

also where i could set this fsb ? should i edit files ? if so then which file ?

my CPU FSB is 667 what i should put into my FSB?

my RAM also has 667 FSB

Thanks

Finally a working ATM.

post-77533-1174657451_thumb.png

Replaced a few kexts from the backup folder, set the fsb to 400, and everything's back to normal. I had a problem with the time running too fast, but that was all solved when I returned the kexts that I needed.

Thanks JaS!

I got a problem.During the update with Jas 10.4.9 I lost the power line , causing a forced shutdown.

Now I'm asking if there is a way to activate the jas update on command line , seen I can log on single user.I mean , i dn't know wich command to use when I am in the directory with Jas.10.4.9Combo.....pkg, for reinstalling it not in GUI...

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i new arround here and i finally gave up the Jas 10.4.8 Intel and AMd sse2 sse3 etc etc cause it wont boot for serveral reasons..

Anyway i got a clean install of Jas 10.4.7 and make it works.

Now im looking for upgrading to the JaS.10.4.9.combo.intel.sse3 (that i have just downloaded) but i dont know if i can do it from my 10.4.7?

Hope this post is not out of subject, thanks!

Hi, i new arround here and i finally gave up the Jas 10.4.8 Intel and AMd sse2 sse3 etc etc cause it wont boot for serveral reasons..

Now im looking for upgrading to the JaS.10.4.9.combo.intel.sse3 (that i have just downloaded) but i dont know if i can do it from my 10.4.7?

I got a problem.During the update with Jas 10.4.9 I lost the power line , causing a forced shutdown.
Now I'm asking if there is a way to activate the jas update on command line , seen I can log on single user.I mean , i dn't know wich command to use when I am in the directory with Jas.10.4.9Combo.....pkg, for reinstalling it not in GUI...

Wow, that's bad luck indeed. I'm afraid what you want is not possible "as is", but if you have a second installation able to boot, you can apply the update to the screwed one by choosing its partition during setup. Otherwise... archive and install is the only path I see...

onecut, did you know that now you're able to delete your own posts?

I've tried JAS and pretty much all of the update methods but always get the same disappointing result. My computer gets to the "Loading DarwinX86" screen, starts to load, then automatically reboots prior to the gray apple screen.

Anyone else having this issue? I've tried all the BIOS setting I can think of...

Here's my setup:

Pentium D 820

Asus P5VD1-X

2.5 gb

Currently running 10.4.8 without any problems

Dear All,

I'm a newbie :thumbsup_anim: here in InsanelyMac, and thanks for all the help and guide, finnaly i have a Mac Machine hehehe, anyway just wanted to report that i have try the 10.4.9 Update (my previous install is 10.4.8 Jas version) and it work smoothly, only minor problem whereas my Core2Duo only detected 1,4, follow the guide and change the fsb, now ok already! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey y'all, here is my first full-working boot w/10.4.9! Wheeeeeeeee...

OK, here's the relevant info:

I am currently using ALL of the Extensions_Disabled but one, IOUSBFamily.kext

also using the new Disabled_Framework OpenGL.framework

The IOUSBFamily.kext made my USB not work at all - even in Safe Boot.

After many tries and reboots, I got the new Nvidia drivers working for my XFX 7600GT. I put in the same (0x039110de) device ID info as from Diabolik's XFX 7600 installer's modified kexts. Only had to modify 3: GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext

(natit.kext is still in there from before, unchanged)

This is all on my rig based on the Asus P5LD2-VM R2.0

Celeron D 347 3.06GHz

XFX GeForce 7600GT

ram, hd, etc...

The Celeron was recognized first as "4.30GHz Intel Core Solo" - Then I installed the 10.4.4 LoginWindow package that came with JaS 10.4.9 and it changed to 4.30GHz Celeron D on the "about this mac" dialog, but still Core Solo in the system profiler...

Back in 10.4.8, I got XBench 1.3 scores in the 80's, now I will run it again...

Now I just got a 128 score, hooray! But what if it's miscalculating based on a mis-reported CPU clock speed??? Maybe I should try the old AppleSMBios.kext next.

Another groovy thing is that I now have activated Apple File Sharing, from installing the MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX included with the JaS update.

As far as I can see right now, everything seems to be working. I have sound, but the Taruga HDA kext is probably still in the Extensions folder since the update wouldn't overwrite that.

One big difference I noticed was the system takes a lot longer to boot up now (yes the FSB is set to 133 for my celeron). The spinning circle on the grey boot screen goes a lot slower. It used to boot in a mere 30 seconds, but now it seems more like 2-5 min. But if the system performs better once booted, I can be patient :thumbsup_anim: Now I need to play some Quake4 to test that.

Very Well Done Jas ! Thank you for your excellent good work.

Successful & painless: from Jas 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 Install DVD install -> Jas 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Combo Updater.

Hello Darwin Kernel 8.9.1 !

Fixed "About this Mac" reporting -> Hello 3.2GHz Intel Core Duo !

Also ran MPIP103_10.4.9.SIMB.CIFS.APF.FIM after update.

Need to test further. Maybe drag some of the Disable Kexts + Disabled OpenGL Framework over later today.

Question - I am also seeing: kernel [0]: Couldn't alloc call "com_mifki_r3d3" frequently reported in system.log

Is it silly to be concerned ? (Everything appears to be a-ok fine.) Is there something I could do to alleviate this ?

I just wanted to thank you and the entire community for all your hard work & patience with the OSX86 Project newcomers.

It's an honor and a pleasure to learn and ultimately share my (limited) knowledge with this lively community.

my hackintosh: PCCHIPS P13G+ mobo, Pentium D935 3.2G, 1G PC3200, Biostar FX5200 AGP 128M, Generic 3 port PCI firewire card (Lucent ID 5811), Apple SuperDrive CD-RW/DVD-R drive, Generic 50x CD drive.

What's damn "fsb" all of you talking about ? :)) Where can I find it ? My two dual core cpu's looks like 1 3GHz.. may be I could fix it ? Cause my Maya and lot of rendering software told me the same...

Alright, you guys... Please start adding the code for editing things from now on. I've spent the majority of my time filtering through vague responses just to get simple things working.

This is my hugest gripe with Linux/Unix people. It's expected everyone knows the location what .info file they're editing; or what command to use. Well most of us dont, and we'd like to learn.

Please get in the habit of properly informing people! I help people with their cars on other forums and I don't vaguely leave out bolts that need to be removed if I'm writing a guide.

So for all those that have asked numerous times how to edit the FSB, Here it is...

-Open Terminal

-Type: Sudo -s (then press enter)

-Enter Password (enter)

-Type: sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

-Look for : <key> Kernel Flags </key>

-Below that is: <string> </string>

-Add fsb=xxx between <string> </string>

ie: <string>fsb=200</string>

-Press: ctrl + O

-Press Enter to save

-ctrl + x to exit

-Reboot

Thanks the jas 10.4.9 update went just fine except for doing the fsb @ startup everytime was going to be a drag;-) I tried your above nicely written instructions 3 or 4 times. Terminal refused to let me make any changes to the above file ??

So I copied and pasted "com.apple.Boot.plist" to the desktop opened with text edit saved changes when closing. Did a drag and drop file replacement which requires my password . Restarted & all seemed well! I did run repair file permissions in disk utilities which did make some changes to that files permissions . So I guess just another way of doing the same thing. I read from a posting here that there is a new kernel that auto sets the fbs but not easy to get yet.

System info doesn't tell me which kernel I'm running oh well at least things are running well.

Very Well Done Jas ! Thank you for your excellent good work.

Successful & painless: from Jas 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 Install DVD install -> Jas 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Combo Updater.

Hello Darwin Kernel 8.9.1 !

Fixed "About this Mac" reporting -> Hello 3.2GHz Intel Core Duo !

Also ran MPIP103_10.4.9.SIMB.CIFS.APF.FIM after update.

Need to test further. Maybe drag some of the Disable Kexts + Disabled OpenGL Framework over later today.

Question - I am also seeing: kernel [0]: Couldn't alloc call "com_mifki_r3d3" frequently reported in system.log

Is it silly to be concerned ? (Everything appears to be a-ok fine.) Is there something I could do to alleviate this ?

I just wanted to thank you and the entire community for all your hard work & patience with the OSX86 Project newcomers.

It's an honor and a pleasure to learn and ultimately share my (limited) knowledge with this lively community.

my hackintosh: PCCHIPS P13G+ mobo, Pentium D935 3.2G, 1G PC3200, Biostar FX5200 AGP 128M, Generic 3 port PCI firewire card (Lucent ID 5811), Apple SuperDrive CD-RW/DVD-R drive, Generic 50x CD drive.

I met this problem, also!

Should we worry about it?

To be quite honest I have that problem too (not that it matters much).

I also have that a new 'Mach_kernel' and file show up in finder when browsing the macintosh Harddisk.

Anyone knows how to get rid of it? I think erasing it would be no good since it is the kernel, right? :rolleyes:

I want to share my updating experience to 10.4.9 with you ,for two reasons:

First I must say thanks to everyone who partecipates at this awesome exerience called osx86 , and in particular way to Jas for this awesome piece of art as always.

Second ,just staying close to this topic , the update to 4.9:

I updated with combo as others here , after I installed the 10.4.4 login , and the MIBshare patch then I reboot and everything works very well except the battery meter ,it doesn't show anymore on the bar the level , I mean it isn't recognised at all.

I had to change only the fsb frequency as mentioned above ; my ethernet (the infamous broadcom440X..) is back to work again.

Instead My Sitecom usb dongle wl113 wifi doesn work very well as before , the driver is loaded correct but the utility isn't able to connect any network..I don't know...

Last but not least , the regular SLEEP is back!!

Yes , I've been surprised as others , but it's true , with a little bit different mode than 10.4.7 , I can go sleep , and wake immediately after(very fast indeed) but I can't activate it with the closing lid.

I hope my report is helpful for someone.

Thanks again.

I also want to share my experiences with you guys:

JaS 10.4.8 worked after 2 days messing around... (had a bad harddisk, disk utility created EFI partition etc etc) but it was a really interesting project :(.

Now I just updated to 10.4.9 using the JaS SSE3 installer and everything just works like before:

- QT/CI on Nvidia 6610XL with dualscreen (natit 0.1, 0.2 does work but no QT/CI)

- Realtek ALC 883 working digital out but only 2 channels :star_smile:. Need to investigate more.

- Webcam, digicam, scanner, printer... everything works with the right tools :(

Thanks to JaS for his incredible job and keep up the good work :whistle:.

edit:

Oops system specs:

- Intel Core Duo e6300 @ 2.4 Ghz

- 2 GB DDRII 533 Mhz Kingston ValueRAM

- GigaByte 965P-DS4

- ALC 883 onboard sound

- Nvidia Geforce 6610 XL (took it from medion pc)

System works very nice!

PS: if someone has an idea how to make the mach_kernel file invisible again please let me know!

Robbeke

I also have that a new 'Mach_kernel' and file show up in finder when browsing the macintosh Harddisk.

Anyone knows how to get rid of it? I think erasing it would be no good since it is the kernel, right? :star_smile:

In a terminal window and type "cd /"

then type "pico .hidden"

then type "mach_kernel"

then press crrl-x and hit y to save the file.

Relaunch Finder, and the file should be hidden.