TabletMagic for TabletPCs

521 posts in this topic

Is this what you are looking for?

Looks fine to me! You can list your active serial ports like so:

ls /dev | grep -E "(cu|tty)\."

If the only serial ports you see are bluetooth, then it's possible my script didn't properly modify your Info.plist file. Check that too.

I'm on my MB Pro here at work now, but when I get home I'll try that out and see what happens. If the Info.plist file wasn't properly modified, how would I go about editing that.

Sorry about my ignorance with all this. Although I've used mac for most of my life, I've never really had a need to venture into the terminal until now. This Fujitsu is my first foray into the OSX86 scene. I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for your help so far!

Scott,

Thanks for your response to my email last week. I wasn't able to get it working from where I was at due to having changed too many things. After a clean install of Kalyway 10.5.1 on my HP/COMPAQ TC4200 TabletPC, I made the recommended edits to the Apple16x50.kext and fiddled with the settings a bit and now have it working very well.

HP/COMPAQ TC4200 Tablet PC (Standard Build)

Video works, no QE/CI, no Rotation (DAMN!)

{Tried manually w/ Xrandr, looked for possible edits to force display as Rotation = Supported, but I am not the guy with any answers on that}

Audio works, a little flaky but I haven't spent any time on it

On Board Ethernet - works fine

On Board Wireless - Doesn't work (using a USB F5D7050B v3000)

SD Slot - Not seeing my cards, but maybe I need to work on it

USB - All 3 ports firing

1. Install OSX (can probably gleen that info from 1xxx other posts)

2. Edit Apple16x50.kext with tablet ID (WACF006)

3. Install latest TabletMagic

4. Calibrate the pen to screen

Most important thing I DIDN'T DO on this install was download the Khashoggi driver. TabletMagic worked fine on the TC4200 without it and since there doesn't appear to be any further development by Khashoggi (spelling? whatever), no sense wasting my time.

In a bit of a rush, but wanted to say thank you again for a killer app and excellent support!

Mahalo!

Hey Guys,

Anyone w/ a TC4200 having this issue... I have the tablet working via serial driver and tablet magic if I boot w/ AC power plugged in but when I boot w/ no AC adapter the tablet cannot be recognized... (?)... weird hey? Anyone had this issue?

Also found a wicked solution for the wifi... go online and look up hp pn#377408-001 which is a broadcom internal mini-pci wireless card w/ the 4306 chipset (you can verify the part number via the "service and maintenance manual" for the tc4200 buried on HP's site... or google "tc4200+whitepapers". Get yourself a torque screw driver kit and swap the card for the crappy intel 2200bg POS and run the standard "Wireless.Support.pkg" from the broadcom simple wireless tutorial forum or "bcm43xx_enabler.sh" if you like script more and SHAAAZAAAAM! well make sure you repair permissions and restart and stuff and it see's it as appleairport in system profiler. Gets like 200 foot range from my router too strangley. I found the mini-pci wireless card for $15 bucks online and got it in less than 2 days from computer parts alliance here in Canadia (or Canada as the commoners call it). Oh mine shows up as en2 on account of trying the iwi2200bg(en1) fix which sucked and was slow as heck... also system profiler claims that the airport is turned off but it is in fact on and working... more weirdness but totall functional. Looks like the TC4400 uses the same wireless card too for you guys that need to swap the intel.

May the Force be with you,

midireebs

Ok, here's the latest. I went through the script, and attempted to manually make the modifications that the script automates. Still no luck.

When I list the serial ports, this is what comes up:

cu.serial0

tty.serial0

Attached is my Info.plist (Had to change the file name for the forum to let me upload it.)

Thanks!

Edit:

I've been doing some digging, and I noticed that apple system profiler is reporting serial0 as an internal modem. This fujitsu does have a modem. Is it possible that the touch screen is on a different serial port? If so, how would I get tablet magic to recognize another port? Is this something I would edit in the plist file? Once again, sorry for my incompitance...

Also, here are some links to some linux drivers that people have written for the touch screen in this device. I don't know if they would be of any help.

http://samengstrom.com/nxl/3566/p1510_touc...en_page.en.html

http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/p1510/

And another edit:

Here's the output when I run the tablet magic daemon from the terminal:

104:~ TonyK$ /Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon -d

TabletMagicDaemon v2.0b13

© 2007 Thinkyhead Software <www.thinkyhead.com>

104:~ TonyK$ [iNIT] Machine Type: ADP2,1 (Hackintosh?)

[PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (15239, 15239)

[PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1023, 599)

[PORT] serial0: OPENED

[PORT] Setting speed to 19200

[sENT] "0"

[sENT] "*"

[RCVD]

[PORT] Setting speed to 9600

[sENT] "0"

[sENT] "*"

[RCVD]

[PORT] Setting speed to 9600

[sENT] "SP\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

[PORT] Setting speed to 19200

[sENT] "SP\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

[sENT] "~#\r"

Could not initialize tablet.

[ERR ] Fatal Error: No Wacom Tablet Found!

104:~ TonyK$

Info.plist.txt

well, I'm posting here (almost) by recomendation of OutZider (well, he told this to ciphee, under the same circumstances though)

I running Kalyway 10.5.2 on a Lenovo X61 following basically step by step outZider's instruction in the X61 thread. I now can get serial 0 recognized and TabletMagic to recognize the tablet as "ISD 4.0 (Tablet PC)" but no info gathered on Testing, no response of any kind. Attached you'll find a bunch of dumps from ioreg -l and dmesg. The only two serial found are cu.serial0 and tty.serial0 (not even bluetooth, which is strange) and as I mentioned in the X61 Thread, serial0 gets recognized as a modem by osX (in the Network prefpane).

Do you guys know if this is a matter of configuring TabletMagic or is it something deeper? I've already tried any combination I could think on the TabletMagic prefs.

EDIT: forgot to mention the most important bit of info: I have a mutiview/touch screen and not the SGA+...

EDIT2: Also, if I don't check "Don't query digitizer" then it doesn't even get recognized.... perhaps this tells you guys something.

dmesgdump.txt

ioregdump.txt

Hi there, I realized that if I install b12 instead of b13, I get some kind of response in the testing pane and in console. I was wandering if I could get older versions and perhaps khashoggi's daemon? Anyway, I'm trying to install b10 or b11 and the packager recognizes that there's a newer version installed in my volume, but I've already removed the files in /Library/PreferencePanes/ etc...

Is there anything I'm missing?

@_azure

What are the values for your tablet on the "Extras" tab. I have an X41 and the cursor drifts as i go from left to right. Thakns

Under "Extras":

Check "Don't Query Digitizer"

Range: 24570 x 18430

Under "Mapping":

Screen: 1824 x 768

Play around with the orientation of the "live" area in the box underneath where it says "Screen." It took some experimentation to get my cursor lined up how I liked it.

Welcome to Macintosh! Remove the package of the same name (TabletMagic.pkg) from /Library/Receipts.

Ooops, my brain's not working :whistle:... anyways, I tried all versions I could and it still doesn't work on a Lenovo x61 with the multitouch screen.

Cheers,

R.

Under "Extras":

Check "Don't Query Digitizer"

Range: 24570 x 18430

Under "Mapping":

Screen: 1824 x 768

Play around with the orientation of the "live" area in the box underneath where it says "Screen." It took some experimentation to get my cursor lined up how I liked it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! I was able to line the pen up with the cursor and no more drifting to the left!!!!!!! :D:D

I've recently switched from PCs to a Mac+Leopard and have attached my - fairly old - Wacom UD-1212-R00 tablet via an USB to serial adapter (Prolific) plus TabletMagic 2b12 as Wacom no longer supports these tablets under Leopard. So far this seems to work reliably.

There is only one slight inconvenience: TabletMagic 8b12 always defaults to the "Don't Query Digitizer" option being enabled upon system startup which leads it to believe a tablet PC is connected.

While this can be overcome by disabling "Launch at Startup" and resetting the "Don't Query Digitizer" flag manually, it would be more convenient if TabletMagic retained these settings across sessions. Is there a way I can achieve this somehow?

There is only one slight inconvenience: TabletMagic 8b12 always defaults to the "Don't Query Digitizer" option being enabled upon system startup which leads it to believe a tablet PC is connected.

This was fixed in b13, which you will find linked in the first post of this forum topic.

This was fixed in b13, which you will find linked in the first post of this forum topic.

Ah ok, I had started reading this forum in inverse order, so I had missed the first post. The thinkyhead download page had pointed to 2b12 (and in fact still does).

Works fine now. Thanks

sooo, without having to sift through all 16 pages to find this out....what tablets do tabletmagic work on? i really want a TC1100 and i know tabletmagic wont work on it, there doesnt seem to be any 1.2ghz versions in australia and no one wants to ship here *sigh* anyway

back to the question at hand

is there a list of tablets that work 100% with tablet magic?

sooo, without having to sift through all 16 pages to find this out....what tablets do tabletmagic work on? i really want a TC1100 and i know tabletmagic wont work on it, there doesnt seem to be any 1.2ghz versions in australia and no one wants to ship here *sigh* anyway

I have a really strong feeling that the problem the tc1100's have is the same problem the x61t had, and could be repairable, but I wouldn't go out and get one based on my confidence. If anyone else here has a tc1100 without a working tablet, though, contact me.

is there a list of tablets that work 100% with tablet magic?

No there isn't, but perhaps one of these TabletPC enthusiasts will compile one. Me personally, I'm a Mac programmer and although I've accommodated the Hackintosh community I have little interest in hacking or compiling a list of this kind. If you're interested in a *particular* tablet, like the memorably-named TC1100, you don't have to sift through a bunch of posts, as this forum has a "search" feature. You can also look at the OSX86 Wiki and by looking into the specs, find out which models have Wacom serial ISD-V4 digitizers in them.

so I have a sweet le1700 core solo running kalyway/tablet magic fine. Got a new core 2 duo le1700 but it has a sprint card in it as well so the only serial ports that show up after running the magic script to update my tablet id is wwan and wwancntl. No serial0 like my core solo.

any ideas on how I can reconfigure and get serial0 recognized in tablet magic.

any ideas on how I can reconfigure and get serial0 recognized in tablet magic.

Hi! To get a sense of your hardware config, please run in Terminal:

ioreg -l >~/Desktop/ioreg-le1700.txt

...then post the ioreg-le1700.txt file here for myself and others to examine.

I can get serial0,but nothing happens when pen hits the screen, any ideas?

Thinkpad X61T Mutlitouch/Kalyway leopards 10.5.2

I can count at least three people in these forums with that situation on the WACF008 device for the X61T... no luck for us yet.

Do you know if the port is coming up with the right settings? is it an issue of the enabler or of the daemon?.

P.