TabletMagic for TabletPCs

521 posts in this topic

I booted with Toh kernel and then replaced it with the vanilla one and rebooted ... the daemon still can't find a tablet on my M400.

Depending on your kernel and your machine the "Machine Type" string that comes from gestalt() may be other than those TabletMagic currently knows about. TabletMagic 2.0b11 only recognizes "ACPI", "ADP", and "Lifebook" as Hackintosh systems. Newer builds of the kernel use different strings, and this will continue to apply in future versions.

To address this change, the next release of TabletMagic won't look for a positive Machine Type match, but will instead assume that any nonstandard Machine Type is a Hackintosh. The known strings are defined in a common header as:

#define KNOWN_MACHINES {"AAPL","iMac","PowerBook","PowerMac","RackMac","Macmini","MacBookPro","MacBook"}

Anything not included in this list will be assumed to be a Hackintosh.

As I'm currently traveling, I won't have the next release ready until the end of January.

Depending on your kernel and your machine the "Machine Type" string that comes from gestalt() may be other than those TabletMagic currently knows about. TabletMagic 2.0b11 only recognizes "ACPI", "ADP", and "Lifebook" as Hackintosh systems. Newer builds of the kernel use different strings, and this will continue to apply in future versions.

To address this change, the next release of TabletMagic won't look for a positive Machine Type match, but will instead assume that any nonstandard Machine Type is a Hackintosh. The known strings are defined in a common header as:

#define KNOWN_MACHINES {"AAPL","iMac","PowerBook","PowerMac","RackMac","Macmini","MacBookPro","MacBook"}

Anything not included in this list will be assumed to be a Hackintosh.

As I'm currently traveling, I won't have the next release ready until the end of January.

Many thanks for your reply Scott, your help and efforts are much appreciated. I'm definitely looking forward to the next release!

Did you install a driver?? You can't just plug in a generic usb-serial adapter and expect it to work without any driver software. Use Google to figure out what chipset your adapter uses and download and install the appropriate driver. Look at the ReadMe file that comes with TabletMagic for advice on drivers for generic serial adapters. Good luck!

Yes, Scoot... I installed the drivers from the cd and I read the "Read me" file. But the cd came with 4 folders (USB 1.1 TO RS232 Cable, USB 2.0 All in 1 Card Reader, USB 2.0 TO IDE&SATA ADAPTER, USB 2.0 TO RS232 Cable) I installed the USB 2.0 TO RS232 Cable... Am I doing right?

The problem migth be in the power of my USB ports... Does anyone knows how to solve my problem? I tried all the USB ports of my notebook...

running kalyway 10.5.1 on motion le1700. before I ran it checked that acpi was WACF004

everything booted up fine after install

changed the info.plist to reflect wacf004

and installed tabletmagic b11

running the daemon direct brings up

Could not initialize tablet.

[ERR ] Fatal Error: No Wacom Tablet Found!

logout

tried running Khashoggi Tablet Daemon and also replacing deamon from this post and running b10 but no dice.

anyone have any additional thoughts. So want this to work..

thx.

ioreg attached

ioreg.txt

People keep telling me that, but I have done that and it doesn't work?

Megamixman-

Maybe if you told me exactly what you did, I would see my error.

Works fine on my X60...

You have to edit the Serial Kext

Then use the latest TabletMagic and it will work fine

People keep telling me that, but I have done that and it doesn't work?

Megamixman-

Maybe if you told me exactly what you did, I would see my error.

On the same boat here. Also a ThinkPad X60T user, and was very impressed by having OSX 10.5.1 running on it. It would be totally awesome if someone can lay out what it means to "edit the Serial Kext". Much appreciated!

Yesterday was my first day of using MacOSX Leopard so I still haven't found a way to control screen brightness and use WiFi. But the environment is stable and fast enough that I will continue dual boot between XP and OSX. Thanks for everyone who contributed to the scene.

Any blog for X60T OSX user?

Deecay

Works fine on my X60...

You have to edit the Serial Kext

Then use the latest TabletMagic and it will work fine

Hi Megamixman

Can you please give us mere mortals a step by step guide on how to get the X60 Tablet PC's wacom digitizer pen working ;)

Pretty Please :)

Thanks

Hi Megamixman

Can you please give us mere mortals a step by step guide on how to get the X60 Tablet PC's wacom digitizer pen working :)

Pretty Please :)

Thanks

Man, so many desperate X60T user here.

However, I suddenly realize something: there are two types of X60T digitizer: regular version and MultiTouch version. I am using a MultiTouch version, and my code is WACF008 . Now I realized how to modify the serial file: "/System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist" . Reboot and still didn't get my digitizer recognized (the same old "Tablet: No Tablet Found"). Could it be that most

X60T users who have problems are all using the Multitouch version.

Any X60T with MultiTouch user who have their X60T running well with TabletMagic?

Deecay

For people who can't get their serial port detected...

I find that leopard is a bit weird with kexts, and if you just edit them in then /System/Extensions.. The OS won't load the changes.

Try copying the whole Apple16X50Serial.kext to the desktop, delete the one in the extensions, reboot, then put it back in, repair permissions, and reboot again.

Man, so many desperate X60T user here.

However, I suddenly realize something: there are two types of X60T digitizer: regular version and MultiTouch version. I am using a MultiTouch version, and my code is WACF008 . Now I realized how to modify the serial file: "/System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist" . Reboot and still didn't get my digitizer recognized (the same old "Tablet: No Tablet Found"). Could it be that most

X60T users who have problems are all using the Multitouch version.

Any X60T with MultiTouch user who have their X60T running well with TabletMagic?

Deecay

The key is to re chown and chmod the WHOLE kext, then delete Extensions.mkext as well as the Caches folder. Then reboot. This will make sure that the modified Info.plist is loaded correctly. I do believe that multi touch just adds another serial line for touch sensitivity. Whether or not that line can also be tapped, i don't know.

Will I post step by step guides? No. Besides the basics, you shouldn't need a step by step guide. Go back to the basics and everything SHOULD make sense. Either way, the serial kext and how to edit it have been discussed in this forum, either in this topic or the one of khagasshi's tablet daemon.

thanks to cloudrainstar's modified daemon on tablet magicc, I finally got this to work, on a R20 with 10.5.1 kalyway running on it. Now I need to sort out the tracking/mapping on it. Thanks to all involved for writing and submitting all this info, my fingers next trip is to that donate button.

thanks again

Kenny

So now that it is actually working, my tracking is really off kilter, and I don't understand what I can do to modify it. As others earlier in the thread have mentioned, it starts out ok on the left side of the screen, but as I move the pen across the screen, it drifts further and further from the tip area to about 2-3 inches askew from its pointer.

Looking at the current version of tablet magic, I don't understand how any of the provided controls would modify this result, so I am at a loss. My screen resolution is 1440 x 900

thanks for any help or pointers, I didn't know if I should be trying something else.

Kenny

thanks to cloudrainstar's modified daemon on tablet magicc, I finally got this to work, on a R20 with 10.5.1 kalyway running on it. Now I need to sort out the tracking/mapping on it. Thanks to all involved for writing and submitting all this info, my fingers next trip is to that donate button.

thanks again

Kenny

I also tried cloudrainstar's modified daemon ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...948&st=140# , Dec 10 2007, 01:09 AM, Post #150 ) on my Lenovo ThinkPad X60T MultiTouch edition. I got the new entry "serial0" in the Port dropdown list. I also got the Tablet being recognized as "ISD V4.0 (Tablet PC)" (showing up on the MagicTablet preference page). However, when I use my Wacom pen to touch the screen, I got no response. I also try using my finger to touch the screen, and got the same nothing happening result. Does anyone have the same experience?

Or should I try "WACF004" instead of "WACF008"?

Deecay

beats me, mines not a touchscreen style one, I'd check to make sure I had a wacom style digitizer in the first place, and then use the device manager in windows to find out whether its a F004 or what [mine was]

sorry I can't be of more help. but I reformatted mine to add a vista partition and screwed the pooch. [heh]

so I am still on the re-install jag

Kenny