[How-To] ATI Radon Mobility 9600 AGP with QE/CI on 10.4.8/10.4.10

largo

140 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Reformated my computer x2 times last night. This starting to get

frustrating. Is there a miss type in the code?

Can someone update me on how exactly you get this working, code etc

Thanks!

Edit:

Well, the last part, how do i change information inside a.kext?

Tried macediter, didnt work =/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, works brilliantly for my Mobility 9600 (0x4e50) on my T42. I now have "real" QE & CI and hardware acceleration; decoding h.264 now works at real time without frame drops! Thanks for your work.

Regarding botched installs, it's not always necessary to reformat as long as you've backed up your old kexts. Boot with -s, remove the new files (ATI*, Callisto*, AGPGart* and OpenGL.framework), and restore the old ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have a HP NC6000 that i'm trying to get up and running and graphics is one of the outstanding issues.

I want to carry through with this but can't download the file from rapidshare! Has it expired?

Can anyone help me? Does anyone still have the file somewhere?

If someone could e-mail it to me or put it somewhere i can get it that would be AWESOME!

Thanks

Dyl

It is fairly easy to get the 1600x1200 resolution up and running. Just install the Callisto "ATI_9600_C003_AGP.zip", the trouble is that with it, QE and CI go down the drain. In order to get it back I practically pulled out all the stops. I tried all the other Callisto drivers, I installed Nadid, Catana, Titan - you name it, I tried it - but nothing ever worked.

In the end it was a hint some guy (Sorry, I forgot your nick!) on the IRC channel had told me. He said something along the lines that I'll need the OpenGL Framework and kexts from 10.4.7 in order to make it work, but at that time I had absolutely no idea what it ment.

After learning a lot about OSX and how to install and fix broken drivers, I came back to what he said, got myself a hold of a 10.4.7 image and started to fiddle around with that. The outcome of that is the driver you find linked a few lines below.

As I check lately 9600 is supported with lately framework and drivers at lest with this one from combo 10.4.11 update

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75212

On Leopard - had resolution switching working magnificently, but with no GA. Attempted to install this package. No Joy. Didn't work.

Caution!: Leopard did not support GZ compression used in these files. When downloaded Leopard actually removed the gz suffix!

Has anyone had success using this method with Leopard? I have have been using kexts from 10.4.* versions for a number of things with great success. Unfortunately, I used the cowboy approach with this one and installed everthing manually in one session. Disk utility refused to work, and It crashed the whole system.

I will try again - first installing Callisto V 3.0 (Fixed) - works like a charm - and add kext modules one or two at a time to insure they are working, or at least doing no harm. I may also try modifying existing Leopard kexts with the same changes made by Largo.

If anyone has had experience using these files with Leopard, I would appreciate your advice/input.

Sooo close. Everything works but hardware graphics acceleration!

HP Pavillion ZX5000

ATI 9200 Mobility w/64mb VRam

1280X800X32 on 15.4" wide format LCD, OMNI Callisto v 3.0 (fixed)

Core Image Supported - Software

Prescott 640 mobile processor @ 3.2GHZ SSE3 HTT

2GB Ram

@schmiede: I haven't made any trials with Leopard (hackintosh) yet. I thought I'd wait until there is an somewhat convenient way to install Leopard on my (HP) Notebook, so far whatever I read about sounded pretty tricky.

Caution!: Leopard did not support GZ compression used in these files. When downloaded Leopard actually removed the gz suffix!

I got Leopard on my iMac here and I don't know what you're talking about. Sure Leopard supports gz compression. I just downloaded and extracted my file and everything is just fine. Just extract that file using TAR in the Terminal/X11.

<3 than you dude, my amilo m1425 with radeon 9600 mobility works great! (mouse tearing comes, but that is easy to fix).

One problem i have faced, no dual-screen. I have external 19" monitor that i would like to use with laptop screen. Is this possible, anyone know howto? (did search from forums, didnt find information about 9600 mobility duals...)

I see you people are heavily working with Leopard.

At home I got an iMac, so no need for the hackintosh trickery, but I am planning to upgrade my hackintosh notebook (NC6000/NW8000). Sadly I don't know if the hackintosh releases are in an too early state to come up with anything yet. Is there any point in installing one of those images on a Notebook yet? Does that work in any way? Are there any people out there that installed the Leo/Hackintosh images in a Compaq/HP notebook? Maybe even an NC**** series?

If that does work in some way, I might look into the driver issues with Leopard and see if I can get them to work.

largo: OS X Tiger works fine on a NC6000. Leopard does not.

See, that is what I thought. Can you tell me exactly what doesn't work and what does work? Which release did you try? Is there a discussion thread about this (specific notebook) anywhere? This is a bit off-topic I guess.

largo, i dont have an nc series laptop but i thought my sse2 laptop will not be able to handle leopard. tried brazilmac and toh and it wont even boot the dvd.. only the kalyway resolved it.. i think you should try it. it should work for you.. just my two cents.

largo, i dont have an nc series laptop but i thought my sse2 laptop will not be able to handle leopard. tried brazilmac and toh and it wont even boot the dvd.. only the kalyway resolved it.. i think you should try it. it should work for you.. just my two cents.

My Laptop is very similar: Acer Travelmate 292LMi, Kalyway will probably install on it without problems.

I have experienced Tiger without QE and CI on my 9700 AGP Mobility and now that I have everything working - included in an Arconis backup - I am thinking about giving 10.5.1 a try.

My 10.4.9 JaS based installation works great: I have a callisto and a patched 9700GA combination of kexts that does everything: OpenGL, CI/QE and resolution switching. This might be a good starting point to see if I can get Kalyway 10.5.1 working with 9700 Radeon Mobility ((id 0x4e50; vendor 0x1002; rev 0x0000))

Success rates with the 9700 AGP Radeon Mobility on 10.5.1 are still vague. Which files are needed and what works?

The drivers are working great and I have hardware acceleration, however I cannot change the resolution when attaching an external monitor via the VGA out or the DVI out on a dock. Does anyone else experience this, or have any solutions?

Laptop: NC6000

GPU: Ati 9600 mobility 32mb vram

XxX 10.4.11 Tiger

Err, well, I did it , too.

10.4.11 + 8.9.1 Universal ToH kernel

works even after 2007-009 security update!

I already had CE/CI enabled after installation, but Largo's ATI driver update works OK, too.

• 2 weeks later...