Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

Взагалі-то ядро линукса та IOKit - занадто різні, щоб перевикористовувати код з лінухового драйвера. Так, я його використовую, але тільки як своєрідний тип документації, бо вендор не роздає специфікації направо та наліво :D

Hi,

in first, thanks for your work.

I have a Asus P5L-VM 1394 board, and of course, the Attansic LAN does not work in 10.4.8

I have tried D-Link DFE530TX (Rev A1) with last drivers and Intel GD82559 PCI Lan card, but they don't work, as 2 Adaptec AHA2940AU and AHA2930 SCSI card.

what is wrong? No PCI card seems be seen by OS-X!

I am a newbies in OS-X and Linux (but big experience in DOS, Windows and Mac OS "classic"), may be my installation procedure are not correct?

I have also a Asus P5B-VM DO (Q965 + ICH8DO, Intel Lan), but if installation of OS-X seems work on a SATA Drive, I have a black screen on reboot. Same drive on P5L-VM, same problem. Only way (actually for me), a UDMA drive on P5L-VM 1394 (but no LAN unfortunably)

many thanks for any help

edit: Realtek RTL8139C PCI Lan card work! I have the Net on my PCMac! (P5L VM 1394)

an idea for the P5B VM DO?

• 2 weeks later...

У меня лаптоп Asus F3Sc з Attansic L1 и я тоже могу тестовац драйверы :)

I have Asus F3Sc laptop with Attansic L1 ethernet card and osX86 10.4.11 and I can also help you with testing and debugging of your driver. Write: sw_pawel@wp.pl

Hope my Russian sounds Russian, not Polish :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to spend some $$$ on a D-Link Dub-E100... it's shipping this week, hope it works!! *cross fingers*

I'd much rather have my internal ethernet work though.. so I don't have to carry that stupid ugly adapter around :P

Could someone please please please continue development? :blink:

Та за 3 бакси ріалтек 8139 - і все щастя 8))

Спасибо тебе, добрый человек! Как-то сам не додумался :)

Thank you very much, man! (In english: buy Realtek 8139 card for about $3 & be happy :censored2: )

• 3 weeks later...
Yes driver is no longer under development from Feb 2007, there are a lot who want to use, but almost nobody, who want something to do.

Daemon tell me what you need, webspace, domainname, i dont care ill arange it, i cannot help out on devving since im a noob to osx, but i can support you any way possible

2 questions.... 1, did this project die... and 2, by any chance would i use the same driver you guyz are creating now for my atheros L1 gigabit ethernet card, on the net it says attansic was taken over by atheros.

goodluck guys, dont know the first thing about programing drivers. but im guessing its pretty hard or people wouldnt get paid good money to do so <_< thnx a lot

I'm going to try and finish this driver for my P5K. Don't expect any miracles though people, although I do have experience with C and other C like languages, I don't know anything about writing mac drivers, or even what language I'll be using. Nothing will come soon, but if I make any progress I will post updates. Also note, I've just downloaded the driver, and I need to learn the lingo used and stuff. I also don't know how to compile kexts right now, I'm a total newb at this. If anyone could post some tutorials for compiling kexts, that would be awesome

sure, the realtek card is a 10/100 card, and the attansic is a 10/100/1000 card, but, do you get 100mb/s or more from your internet. If not, then having a gigabit port doesn't matter in the first place. Pretend you have a hose with water gushing out at it's maximum pressure, not being limited by the width of the hose, will increasing the width make the water run out faster? No.