Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure you would have seen this - but if not - here's the link to the Attansic driver for linux:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/atl1/

Cheers and good luck!

Jdwl

so if we have x11 we can use this on our hackintosh? but how do u install tar on mac os x

also i have a p5k se with a L1 ethernet... once this is up and running will i be able to install on my vmware disk and internet will work?

2Демон

Привіт земляк 8)))

Слухай... А можеш написати документацію як саме той драйвер можна скомпілити

Тіпа how-to

Цілком можливо, що хтось і допише

В мене P5K-SE до речі...

Сам виробник роздає на халяву сорці драйвера під лінукс(маю на супроводжуючому диску до материнки повний пак)

Скажімо так - це не є наднеобхідна річ - цілком нескладно заюзати або ЮЗБ мережеву карту, або якийсь галіменький ріалтек, просто шкода Твоєї роботи!...

Успіху

podarok здоровеньки були :blink: Та я знаю, що нескладно, але тут скоріше за все спортивний інтерес. Дуже хочется, щоб на матплаті працювали взагалі всі контроллери і незаймати PCI слоти дешевими ріалтеками.А скомпілити не складно, треба скачати Apple XCode. Той, хто зацікавлений, я думаю що скомпілить, питання в тому, чи будуть такі люди :wacko:Стійно, а що, хіба в P5K-SE теж Attansic L1?

podarok здоровеньки були :hysterical: Та я знаю, що нескладно, але тут скоріше за все спортивний інтерес. Дуже хочется, щоб на матплаті працювали взагалі всі контроллери і незаймати PCI слоти дешевими ріалтеками.А скомпілити не складно, треба скачати Apple XCode. Той, хто зацікавлений, я думаю що скомпілить, питання в тому, чи будуть такі люди :hysterical:Стійно, а що, хіба в P5K-SE теж Attansic L1?

Саме так!

Вообще - правильная тенденция писать на родном славянском :wacko: Поддерживаю ! Жаль, что дровишек пока так и не нет ;) С радостью бы поучаствовал деньгами, но как это сделать - не знаю ....

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an Asus P5KR which comes with Attansic L1 (and curiously the driver´s source for linux are included on the CD), so I can help for testing any build you do (I´m experienced in installing drivers manually on Os X)

At the moment I´m using a cheap realtek, but I´d really like to be able to use the internal adapter :)

Regards

I just bought an Asus P5KR which comes with Attansic L1 (and curiously the driver´s source for linux are included on the CD), so I can help for testing any build you do (I´m experienced in installing drivers manually on Os X)

At the moment I´m using a cheap realtek, but I´d really like to be able to use the internal adapter :)

Regards

good luck my friend.

these people dont care.

So what? I´m sure they are doing the best they can. And they are doing it for free. In fact the main coder even doesn´t have the hardware. So he´s doing all this just for the community without expecting anything on exchange.

They don´t owe you anything. And you should be grateful just for they even take the time in researching.

I´d like to have my Attansic NIC working, but if that´s not happening is not the end of the world. Any cheap Realtek PCI card will work.

VooD you are absolutely right. Thanks.

I can't understand those selfish people, who said that nobody cares. Yes, I want to get it working, but have no hardware, and the last time. As you understand time is money, but I'm doing this for free. So a little bit wait, maybe later.

Just 8 months ago, and BTW it was almost completed (even I say more - complited), i.e. I miss something in DMA part and TSO, PHYs works badly, so it can be finished very soon, someone just need to debug it.

PS OK, today when I'll come from a date, I'll look closer on it, add some debug info and so on.

hey deamones:) not so long ago i bought my new mobo... p5l-mx and what? yeah... attansic L1gig... if you need any info about debug or logs. just PM me. i tried all of your drivers. the last update when run as loaddebug.sh discovers right MAC address but cant obtain any ip address from dhcp. i tried static ip but didn't work. also when i installed the driver with install.sh it crashed osx86. <<You must restart ur computer... bla bla bla>> after reboot it started but once again without network. tried ionetworkfamily from 10.4.4. nothing. intel gig net driver-nothing. strange that no one apart from you is interested in that topic.

anyway, thanks for any help. good luck man, we count on you:)

DaemonES Привет! Я тоже могу поучаствовать тестером. У меня мамка ASUS P5GC-MX и там тоже сеть от Attansic.

========================================= it's for english mans

Hi DaemonES! I have a motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX. Network - Attansic. And I can wil be a tester too.

DaemonES

Я тоже могу потестить, у меня Asus P5K можешь мне выслать драйвер на singular_@inbox.ru? И интсрукции как сделать лог и т.д. Я впринципе и сам попробовал бы попрограмировать, если бы че-нибудь понимал в этом)))

Since there was no Attansic support in Os X I´had never used it in windows as I installed an additional realtek pci card instead...but today I decided to test the onboard attansic L1 and discovered is a VERY VERY VERY weird card.

Unless I setup the media speed in its driver´s option to 10mbs the card shows itself as disconnected and then connected randomly from my switch. I´ve tryed several different cables, several drivers versions, and even the linux driver under ubuntu 7.10, but the behaviour still the same. In fact, even in the bios, the card get disconnected then connected randomly.

What´s strange is I´ve using this setup for years with no problem with 3com cards, realtek cards, the xbox360, and many other network devices. In fact just the same cable and setup works perfectly with any other of my network devices (including the realtek in the same motherboard).

On the other hand I discovered that if I connect the Attansic (in automatic speed mode)directly to my router, the router automatically switchs to 10mbps mode and that if I directly connect the attansic to the realtek there´s no disconnection and the link mode shows 100mbps.

So all this points me to a bug in either the chip itself or its firmware, which makes the Attansic L1 to recognize certain 100mps compatible network hardware.

Anyone had similar problems?

Just 8 months ago, and BTW it was almost completed (even I say more - complited), i.e. I miss something in DMA part and TSO, PHYs works badly, so it can be finished very soon, someone just need to debug it.

PS OK, today when I'll come from a date, I'll look closer on it, add some debug info and so on.

слухай, а ти базуєш свій драйвер на лінуховихх сорсах?