[How To]Atheros AR5212 based cards, now w/ Leopard

consolation

384 posts in this topic

Try

in terminal, type in the stuff in bold:

sudo chmod +s /usr/sbin/networksetup

/*you will need to enter your password at this point*/

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

networksetup -setairportnetwork "your network name here" "your password name here"

ctrl-W

/*save the file (hit enter)*/

ctrl-X

/*exit from the nano editor*/

alternately attached is the zip of the script from the p5, but you might need to edit it to allow sudo

Connect.command.zip

Try

in terminal, type in the stuff in bold:

sudo chmod +s /usr/sbin/networksetup

/*you will need to enter your password at this point*/

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

networksetup -setairportnetwork "your network name here" "your password name here"

ctrl-W

/*save the file (hit enter)*/

ctrl-X

/*exit from the nano editor*/

alternately attached is the zip of the script from the p5, but you might need to edit it to allow sudo

Thanks A LOT!!! consolation!!! hope this helps more people like me.

Thanks 4 everything!!

:blink:

hi there again..... :D

Any success with 10.5.2? because i have lost my airport setting with new update... :D

any update on this?

Cheers

As posted above, the 4.8 kext works with 5.2, I'll have a play with 5.2 kexts when I have some spare time. Generally, backup your edited kexts before applying updates :) .

Is anyone else getting sporadic disconnects on their Netgear 311T?

<key>Atheros Wireless LAN PCI</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AirPortAtheros</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AirPort_Athr5424</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci168c,23</string>

<string>pci168c,24</string>

</array>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

</dict>

</dict>

This is my AirportAtheros.ktext.

The device ids you guys give are pretty different from mine. Should i change the pci strings to yours?

This worked for me somewhat.

on a D-Link 2320 Gold.

The bit about the changing En0 -> En1 did nothing for me including any edits to IONetworkingFamily.kext

however I did get mine to work my merely changing the Service Order of Airport so it is at the top of the list.

The 2nd time I installed I did not edit IONetworkingFamily.kext only IO80211Family from c->13 and changing the service order so airport was on top and it worked.

I have a D-Link DWL-G520 PCI card and when I go to network I don't see airport in the list. This is my first time trying to get wireless working, can someone help.

Thanks

10.5.2 Zephyroth

AMD 6400+

MSI K9N Diamond

ATI X1950 pro

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

(Or, use the script in the attached .dmg file if you can't be bothered cleaning up permissions by hand)

Reboot...

and voilà detected as an airport extreme card :( ..................................

are you sure?????

my Acer Aspire 9410 & Kaly 10.5.1 do not detect anything.......

previously 10.4.9 has worked wery well

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache DO NOT FIND!!!! address is correct??

That's only required in 10.4, you can ignore that error.

Consolidation,

I have a Netgear WG511T (PCMCIA Card) and I was wondering if all of the work you, and others, have collected for the WG311T (PCI Card) will work for my WG511T card?

Many thanks,

i have a wg311 v1 and that didnt worked for me

i used the io8.kext from 10.4.8 and my mac says it cant load that kext.

so i used the normal io802 kext add the string 168c,13 and also did that stff with the network.plist

but it doenst show up under the profiler "airport".. it only says in the network config new eth02 device.. but no wireless

somebody know what to do?

I was also having the same problems as most of us here with gettting my wireless card to work. I was using a D-Link DWL-G510 card under 10.4.10 that worked great. I upgraded to Leopard and it quit working. I tried the old kexts, editing Leopard's, etc... The closest I came was it was recognized, Airport was on, but it was lock up my system. Then I tried a WMP300N card from Linksys. This card's ID is included in Leopard's IO80211Family.kext, so I thought it may work natively. No luck there either. So out of frustration, I tried Orange Ware's 3.3 version of their driver found at http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/wirelessformac.html and on reboot my card worked great! Don't ask me why because their driver is PPC and for Atheros chipsets. Maybe one of you can figure it out. Just a note, The apple airport in the menubar works, but Orangeware's included wireless utility does not (error about intel macs).

kseelbo,

thanks for the tip about orageware's drivers. i downloaded the .sit file and then stuffit for mac and then ran through the whole setup and installation process with no problems. however, when i went into systempreferences and launched the wireless icon i got a message that this software doe NOT run on intel based macs. :D

i am trying to connect with a netgear wg511t cardbus card. do you have any other suggestions ?

many thanks