NTFS Read/Write Support Finally here!

175 posts in this topic

I have installed MacFuse and it works. Once, I copy my file to NTFS partition. After finish copy, suddenly power out. When I boot again, I check my copied file on the NTFS partition but I couldn't find it anywhere. Is this a bug? Please help. Thanks.

Hello!

The maintainer of the builds took his site offline..

Would some kind soul post recent (or recentish) builds of MacFuse Tools and of NTFS-3G?

NTFS-3G 1.516.dmg and MacFUSE Tools 0.3.0.dmg would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I got NTFS-3G 1.417, includes MacFuse Tools 0.2.5.

Edit: Updated links.

MacFUSE Core 0.3.0: http://rapidshare.com/files/35286494/MacFUSE-Core-0.3.0.dmg

NTFS-3G 1.417: http://rapidshare.com/files/35286395/NTFS-3G_1.417.dmg

MacFUSE Tools 0.2.5: http://rapidshare.com/files/35286435/MacFUSE_Tools_0.2.5.dmg

MacFUSE Tools 0.2.5 + NTFS-3G 1.417: http://rapidshare.com/files/34558180/NTFS-3G_1.417_Full_.dmg

NTFS-3G 1.516: http://rapidshare.com/files/35286307/NTFS-3G-1.516.dmg

The .516 build seems to interfere with mounting some types of .dmg files, including those that require accepting a license agreement before getting to the installation step. I am guessing that is why this was pulled. It would be safer I think at this time to use an older version like the .417 posted just above.

So how do i install this properly? Do the instructions from the original post still apply? or are they outdated? Could someone please post step by step instructions? The last time I tried this i ended up with the ntfs drives being VERY slow to write to..i couldn't even share my itunes library cause each time a song would load it would just stall for a while...please help!

MacFUSE Core 0.4 was released today. You can find it on the upmentioned homepage.

@raggedjagged:

As of installation, I think you just need the Core, the Tools and NTFS-3G, you install these three packages in the right order and that should be it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey mates....

i can create folders.... BUT, i can't copy any files to those folders...

picture1az7.png

what's going on ???

i've got administrative privilage...

it's RW.... i don't know..

plz help :dev:

1 problem: it seems that mac os doesn't' automount dvd/cd anymore ! :thumbsup_anim:

Once a dvd/cd is in the reader there's no icon neither on the desktop nor in Finder.

1 problem: it seems that mac os doesn't' automount dvd/cd anymore ! B)

Once a dvd/cd is in the reader there's no icon neither on the desktop nor in Finder.

I had that same problem, just uninstall NTFS-3G. Going to try and go back to the earlier build, might even need to use MacFUSE .3 or whatever too.

...so the last two versions of NTFS-3g have fundamental errors as far as I know:

1.417 has the insufficient privileges error, which is fixable with a shell script that runs at startup that unmounts the ntfs-3g drive and remounts it with default_permissions

The next version has the 'can't mount most .dmgs' error which is impossible to fix.

It seems the best thing to do is to find older versions of both ntfs-3g and macfuse. I was using macfuse .17 and an earlier version of ntfs-3g and they ran just fine...it's either that or live with 1.417 and wait for shadowofged to return from employer hell...

damn i cannot downgrade to lower version of ntfs 3g-- i sucessfuly uinstalled (i thnk macfuse tools, but when i reinstalled the older version, it says "you cannot continue there is nothing to install" i uninstalled macfuse core and ntfs 3g... ryt now my ihack doesnt see my ntfs partitions..

what should i do?

...so the last two versions of NTFS-3g have fundamental errors as far as I know:

1.417 has the insufficient privileges error, which is fixable with a shell script that runs at startup that unmounts the ntfs-3g drive and remounts it with default_permissions

The next version has the 'can't mount most .dmgs' error which is impossible to fix.

It seems the best thing to do is to find older versions of both ntfs-3g and macfuse. I was using macfuse .17 and an earlier version of ntfs-3g and they ran just fine...it's either that or live with 1.417 and wait for shadowofged to return from employer hell...

Where can we download these older versions?

damn i cannot downgrade to lower version of ntfs 3g-- i sucessfuly uinstalled (i thnk macfuse tools, but when i reinstalled the older version, it says "you cannot continue there is nothing to install" i uninstalled macfuse core and ntfs 3g... ryt now my ihack doesnt see my ntfs partitions..

what should i do?

i have the older versions but damn i cannot install it..anyone please help...