Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

I have started a new topic with information on how to test the drivers.

Hopefully this answers any questions you have:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71779

Have been following this topic for some time. I have a iwi3945 and tried the above procedure. I would love to post the logs but once I hit 1 for the second time to turn the card back on I get a endless loop of code. I would love to post what it is but it flys by so fast I cannot catch it with a camera. I also cannot exit it.

???

if I was able to actually get the script where would it save it on my HD? I cant find it if it is there.

@JALAVOUI ! important please reply !

all iwi drivers - except for iwi2200

read

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71779

and post logs

last posted logs doesn't help much

I install it again as described.

Step 5)

boot up normally

open up network in system preferences

see if the wireless card is properly loaded as an airport

press apply if necessary

add any problems/results to your results post

you can also run network selector and see if you get any results (with os x recognizing card as an airport in system preferences - network)

I never see it as an AIRPORT, but always as an ETHERNET_PCI80864229 network device.

What is wrong?

I reinstall as described ... but it seems the same ...

Here my new logs (got in safe mode) ...

ps:

Now it's recognized as "Integrated Etnernet" never as Airport ...

If I try to use the "airport" utility from Apple80211 framework I obtain this error:

WirelessAttach: getInterfaceWithName failed

dmesg.txt

ifconfig.txt

ioreg.txt

kexts.txt

system.txt

iwi4965

in logs:

iwi4965: : rx mbuf_next

this mean the card can receive a chain of pkts - never see this before

i guess this will be the hardest driver to build - but when it's done will be the best driver available

there's a bug that makes the driver fail booting the firmware

i'd like to get rid of this to proceed - anyone with xcode to help?

iwi2100/iwi3945

anyone available for testing last release?

iwi2200

last version was posted in this thread

other questions

instead of keep asking the same things please read a few pages back

last version was posted in this thread

other questions

instead of keep asking the same things please read a few pages back

Are you kidding me? :D

There are over 3600 posts, talking about different chipsets!

Can you at least tell me a range of posts-numbers to look in ?

(or integrate the info for all in the topic intro/faq :D)

Have been following this topic for some time. I have a iwi3945 and tried the above procedure. I would love to post the logs but once I hit 1 for the second time to turn the card back on I get a endless loop of code. I would love to post what it is but it flys by so fast I cannot catch it with a camera. I also cannot exit it.

???

if I was able to actually get the script where would it save it on my HD? I cant find it if it is there.

I am trying to test the iwi3945 but as you can see from my last post it does a loop for me. It never gives me a promp to getlog the script. any ideas?

iwi3945/iwi4965tx_cmd changedbetter test this with boot -sif you have a wireless switch pressing it might helpiwi2200wep support development is stoped cause i don't have the hardware to test it
hello i am a new member, i have been running leopard on a HP laptop (dv6500) for a while, with no wireless. it has the intel 4965.i will give this a try.is the goal to achieve full functioanlity for the 4965? i would be willing to help, but i dont have experience with osx kexts. can linux code be used at all?edit:i have a HP dv6599ea...

iwi3945/iwi4965

tx_cmd changed

better test this with boot -s

if you have a wireless switch pressing it might help

Kernel Panic ... at kext activation just after a: cannot something HANDLER error ...

I have no digicam, so non screenshot -_- sorry.

Here are the logs for iwi3945 on Tiger

iwi3945/iwi4965

tx_cmd changed

better test this with boot -s

if you have a wireless switch pressing it might help

iwi2200

wep support development is stoped cause i don't have the hardware to test it

No kernel panic on boot. I made a log of it

Also made a log on single user mode

#36124965First set of logs attached. Will do more testing later when I have more time.still getting the unhandled error. New message in logs. Froze in graphical interface with card on AND card off.I will try with switch later.

I reinstall as described ... but it seems the same ...Here my new logs (got in safe mode) ...ps:Now it's recognized as "Integrated Etnernet" never as Airport ...If I try to use the "airport" utility from Apple80211 framework I obtain this error: WirelessAttach: getInterfaceWithName failed
I have never gotten the 4965 to be recognize as anything other than pci. I know when I was installing the Dell 1490 into the WAN slot I had to change /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist file as suggested in other threads (change en0 to en1 and the 0 to a 1 a few lines down), rebooted and Airport is working like a charmI am not sure whether this had to do with the fact that the card was in the WAN slot or something else. But it is probably worth a test.what steps did you follow to get the card recognized as ethernet? (specifically did you boot with a wireless switch on or off, into single user mode first, ...)

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.txt

I have never gotten the 4965 to be recognize as anything other than pci.

It was recognized as pcixxx,xxx device, then i removed all the preferences and it was recognized as Internal Ethernet.

I think it cannot be recognized as an Airport if it is not based on IO80211 superclass!

iwi3945/4965

the bug in iwi3945 was found thanks to the logs of iwi4965

i'm not shure how to fix it but at least i find it

:)

IWI4965

kernel panic also in safe mode, at kext activation,

after an error like: wrong command queue 0 command id 0

iwi 2200 Works like a charm =)

Dell 9300

2915abg

Pentium M.

going to test the WEP soon, please if someone help me how to put the logs ill put them

when i try the WEP for jalavoui to check errors or something.

and ill put simple words on the WEP.

thanks for reading =)

to be honest i have taken the time to read through the whole thread, and it was tiring but i arrive to the end and i realise the amount of work and effort that jalavoui and xkalu have put in, so for them i ask a round of applause. and quite honestly they are doing this for us, and for free, so anyone with irrelevant or possible insulting posts should be banned.

secondly, i have a Intel 3945ABG wireless card and still havent installed Mac OSx86, but i am thinking of it, but before i do it I want to be sure i will have wireless, so let's support them by testing their updates, and support them morally (which is all I can do, for now).

Once again well done.

P.S. will this driver for my wireless card eventually work for Leopard? and do reassure me by saying the driver is still in development, right? i'm not being a total idiot, am i? (i mean, i did real the whole thing, but u never know something might have escaped... i know the 2200 works fine)