Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Listen mates, I previously offered my help, then days passed, even weeks and months..Still no words, no offerings. I even paged Jalouvisi and no answer. I had two blokes from the inner core of apple tech dep wanting to aid you and still nothing. So dont tell me I didnt offer my help. Now entering this forum again and still watching you sad ass wanna be wanskter trying to stretch some weak ass script kiddie {censored} together, makes me sick! Move the {censored} on.Listen mates, I previously offered my help, then days passed, even weeks and months..Still no words, no offerings. I even paged Jalouvisi and no answer. I had two blokes from the inner core of apple tech dep wanting to aid you and still nothing. So dont tell me I didnt offer my help. Now entering this forum again and still watching you sad ass wanna be wanskter trying to stretch some weak ass script kiddie {censored} together, makes me sick! Move the {censored} on.

Listen mates, I previously offered my help, then days passed, even weeks and months..Still no words, no offerings. I even paged Jalouvisi and no answer. I had two blokes from the inner core of apple tech dep wanting to aid you and still nothing. So dont tell me I didnt offer my help. Now entering this forum again and still watching you sad ass wanna be wanskter trying to stretch some weak ass script kiddie {censored} together, makes me sick! Move the {censored} on.

I really don't understand what you wants ... are you able to do a working driver ? well do it ?

Get the sources from the svn and finish the job! Let's see ...

Listen mates, I previously offered my help, then days passed, even weeks and months..Still no words, no offerings. I even paged Jalouvisi and no answer. I had two blokes from the inner core of apple tech dep wanting to aid you and still nothing. So dont tell me I didnt offer my help. Now entering this forum again and still watching you sad ass wanna be wanskter trying to stretch some weak ass script kiddie {censored} together, makes me sick! Move the {censored} on.Listen mates, I previously offered my help, then days passed, even weeks and months..Still no words, no offerings. I even paged Jalouvisi and no answer. I had two blokes from the inner core of apple tech dep wanting to aid you and still nothing. So dont tell me I didnt offer my help. Now entering this forum again and still watching you sad ass wanna be wanskter trying to stretch some weak ass script kiddie {censored} together, makes me sick! Move the {censored} on.

Sounds like someone trying to get a little action by pissing people off. Thats not the way to get something done... no matter what way you do it. But seriously I agree with AlexIT... if you're the {censored} then show us what you can... otherwise fade away...

Kelly

iwi2200

what's beeing done:

- add code from aircrack-ng to allow safe network type detection

- add fake mac address. same as in SpoofMac except it's free

- handle shared key authentication for wep networks - testing

- tunning rx/tx speed. still need to build a new kernel to make it work as fast as in linux

- wep passwords work both ascii or hex key

i still don't have enough donations to get the hardware i need to do further development

Jala - This is awesome man. Much praise to you and your super genious at being able to work these drivers. You might throw out a little reminder here of how exactly we can donate to your cause - I think it would help. If EVERY person wanting to see a better iwi2200 put in just 2 bucks each, that's not a lot to pay for helping the cause and having a fully working wireless card. Even 3 or 4 each - just that small amount per person from our skimpy pockets (who aren't blessed enough to afford a real mac but love the Mac OS and the idea of an opensource macworld) would help a bunch.. I will lead the pack and put down my first few dollars I can spare so I can get these last pieces of OSX86 working on my machine... until I'm rich enough to afford a real mac (can you even imagine having enough extra money to afford something like that?? Maybe you can, hopefully one day I will understand how that feels!)...

And maybe I'm new to this forum topic, but that other guy did sound a little rude. The offer of drivers written by insiders sounds super appealing, but I wish it could be true. If it was, I'm sure we would've seen some real evidence in the development of these drivers by now, since everyone is SO SO thirsty for them. And plus, I wouldn't necessarily believe anyone who trashes the efforts of some of the incredibly talented folks in these forums who are selflessly doing what they can to help others out unless they had some other agenda.....

And maybe I'm new to this forum topic, but that other guy did sound a little rude. The offer of drivers written by insiders sounds super appealing, but I wish it could be true.

Are you nuts? Why would someone connected to Apple jeopardize their job and risk a law suit by helping us????

Hi, im new to the scene here but i have been tryin my hand at creating a kext to get my wireless working (AGN4965). I am looking for some info on this issue, if anyone wants to give me it :whistle: ! I would like to know: a) who has the Intel AGN4965 wireless card, B ) if you have it, is it integrated into the motherboard or if it is a pci-e card, and c) any info on kexts that work on leopard involving a integrated wireless card. (Info = exact plist excerts from 80211family.kext + any plugins, IOnetworkfamily + plugins, and the kext that enabled wireless connection.) I'm not sure, but i have a hunch that having the wireless integrated into the motherboard is messing with I/O and memory access which is causing the crash that happens. But like I said I'm new to this (only macified for about 3 weeks now) but I would like to do my part to help or whatever.

P.S. yea i know were not really looking at leo right now, but thats the only thing i have on my laptop right now, sorry!!!

p.p.s I'm running a toshiba satallite p205-S6287, dual booting vista home premium and ToH_x86_9A581_RC2 version of leopard.

about development

the svn tree is updated with latest source code for iwi2100/3945/4965

it's better to use mac os x 10.4.8. if we need to build a new kernel i think it's better to use the semthex version

any developer can grab the source and try to make the drivers work - i'll help on checking/writting the code

mail me with your gmail account if you like to have access to iwidarwin svn tree for commiting changes

as you all know i only have a 2200 card but i'll keep working on all drivers anyway

donations are coming very slow - i can really use suport for getting the hardware to make other iwi drivers

iwi2100

driver as a kp - i can fix it if i have people posting logs/pictures of this bug

the driver is scanning and i guess i can make it work - i can use eddie's help

iwi2200

i'm working on it - wep and other stuff

iwi3945/4965

althought this cards are pci--e i think they will work

i'm stuck on the snd_cmd in iwi3945 - read some posts back

the 4965 need more work to keep up with 3945

Sounds like someone trying to get a little action by pissing people off. Thats not the way to get something done... no matter what way you do it. But seriously I agree with AlexIT... if you're the {censored} then show us what you can... otherwise fade away...

Kelly

Fading away. The two mates from apple are on it, not riscing their jobs, since this is done in their sparetime.

Generally companies like Apple and M$ have contracts where they own anything created by their employee during their time of employment, meaning whatever code they did for this in their spare time would legally be property of Apple.

Fading away. The two mates from apple are on it, not riscing their jobs, since this is done in their sparetime.

Well ... if it's not a bull$hit (as I think) , than let's see it ... we are here!

And if the have some more sparetime ... there is an incomplete driver (by DaemonEs) for Gigabit AttansicL1, too. ;):thumbsup_anim:

iwi2200

this weak signal networks work fine in windows/linux

in mac os x the connection is very slow

i find out i can't use the darwinbuild to build a new kernel due to a ntfs-3g bug

if anyone as a solution for fixing this please share it here

maybe by checking with other wireless drivers for mac os x we can find a solution - can someone check this?

post-53253-1196356872_thumb.jpg

@ codogenic:

please if you want to help just do it, i mean if you have sort of a mini-team already, just start creating drivers for the hardware which is still a bit behind, for example the 3945abg... and if you can really do much better, send a note to the admin to tell him about this, and to inform him.. he could make you the official "driver producer" if you're that good at it. I mean the people who wait arent really the ones which are interested, if you would be that keen on helping you would have just done the drivers and put them here for testing.

@ jalavoui:

Keep the good job working.

Cheers!