Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

So ....

I installed this driver and everything is ok, but when i want turn on the wireless search i have only this option:

1)Turn on/off card (but i have turn on card and when i want anything do i can`t)

5)quit

0)refresh

so.... i think its problem with the network selector (it`s only my opinion)

i tested this on 10.4.8 JAS.

ps.sorry for my english but when somebody drink 5 beers , that write :D:P :P

oh i forget say something i downloaded something driver (i don`t remember the url) iw3945 v4 where i have a air port and i can do a connection for example with polish livebox but when i restarted the OS i have a kernel panic :blink::(

with the new iwi2200 driver i get some ip adress like 169.254.5.4 or something like that in wep networks.

The first two numbers seem to be always the same. I didn't test if the driver is faster in unsecure networks though.

For me don't work

Before install by last svn .dmg. (iwi3945)

In boot with -s option, give this message executing ./networdSelector:

Could not get ID for kernel control. 2

Try load iwi3945kext -> kenel panic

Acer Aspire 5630-6288 - Leopard 10.5 (falt img A581)

Good afternoon folks. I have the 3945ABG in my Acer Aspire 5610. It is detected/loaded as Built-in Ethernet. It does not function, connect, or anything similar.

Perusing NetworkInterfaces.plist, I notice that it finds iwi3945 in IOEthernetInterfaces. Should it not be in IO80211Family to be considered a WiFi unit?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, forgive me. I'm rather new at this.

Also, my current NetworkingInterfaces.plist shows en0 as the built-in BCM440x, followed by Brcm43xx as en1, then iwi3945 as en3. Is it safe to remove the BRCM43xx section (since it does not exist) and rename en3 to en1????

PS: I am currently running 10.4.9 v1.4i with working BCM440x wired connection.

Cheers.

I HAVE A INTEL CENTRINO DUO WITH Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. I HAVE INSTALL MAC 10.4.4 AND IT DOESN´T WORK THE WIRELESS, WHAT CAN I DO??

THANKS

How about help test the current not completely functional driver? Maybe not type in all Caps? Read atleast SOME of this topic?

No point in asking to be spoon fed.

codegenic ur such full of poop

check other topics if u want, but dont come here with those simple words...

maybe its time u help the forum with somewhat usefull...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

abut the iwi2200

all gets working fine, but i dont get the same quality on torrents like on windows.

maybe i need to edit something? sometimes i get dif speeds on osx than on windows

with the same torrent.

ill report some tests with wep soon.

Thx for the new version =)

Dell 9300

Pentium M /SSE2

6800go.

intel 2915abg

I have a Dell precision M60 with a iw2000, with 10.4.10 installed

I install iwi2000, restart and when i run networkselector

Could not get ID for kernel control. 2

i looked on profiler and it seems i didnt installed the driver...

can someone tell me what am i doing wrong, or what can i do to solve the problem?

And by the way congratulations for your work, your dedication is remarkable, you guys are really great!

New driver works ok over here - Toshiba M60 laptop with Intel Pro 2200

Connects to unsecured AP (Trendnet TEW-431 BRP router).

Gets DHCP ip address fine.

The only trouble is it's dropping connection very often. Reselecting the network from nsGUI works to fix, but it's anoying. Could we do an automatic reconect on connection lost?

iwi2200wep suport based on mac80211report if you get a valid ip address - eg 192.168.xxx.xxxthis version might be faster - report for unsecure networks
Thanks for the new iwi2200 version! FYI, I actually do think it is a bit better with connectivity on my end. It still seems sluggish though; pages will still hang for a while at times before fully loading, but seems a little better than before. Trying with WEP does not give good results. Says it's connected to the wireless network, but I don't get a DHCP address and there is no connectivity. I tried manually setting my IP in the right range as well, and reconnecting, and it still didn't work.. I imagine my logs are similar to dutchforce.. Thx!Just to re-iterate though, I am surfing around more with it, and I definitely notice that it is better and seems to keep a better connection than before.. Intermittant connection lags are noticeably less frequent.

iwi2100

post kp pictures

iwi2200

wep is finally working

i've to hack this network to make it work - my apologies if the owner is reading this

i'll upload it to svn tree if there's enought people supporting this project - i mean donations

this version support hex passwords - the one in picture is fake :)

after this version is tested i'll start on working in wpa support

post-53253-1196088842_thumb.jpg

post-53253-1196088856_thumb.jpg

More iwi3945 logs

I went to the SVN tree, downloaded the latest iwi3945 and tried it out. Here are the logs.PSWhere can I get the Network Selector GUI?More iwi3945 logsI went to the SVN tree, downloaded the latest iwi3945 and tried it out. Here are the logs.PSWhere can I get the Network Selector GUI?

Hey i downloaded and installed PROSet/Wireless 2200b/g and 2915a/b/g SVN latest. I can view the wireless networks only thing is it won't connect. I click connect and put in my password but i either tells me i can't connect or it keeps trying and trying. I have intel PRO/Wireless 2200b/g wireless card. My mac version is 10.4.10 I see that there is something for the svn tree but what do i do with that. I'm sorry I'm new with this.

Trying with WEP svn latest version does not give good results.

Says it's connected to the wireless network, but I don't get a DHCP address and there is no connectivity.

always return 169.xxx.xx.xx address

i have a airport base station (802.11b only).

setup the password 123 with 128 bit encripty

on networkselector (nsgui) typed 31:32:33 on password field, 123, 313233 without success.....

I am using a WEP key password (i think) that looks like "8H47HHU5JJ". Am i supose to use the eithernet part if so what am i supose to do there. I have been trying it but when i try to use the eithernet and wireless at the same time it seems to crash and i have to restart. But that is where the new hardware was detected. It doesn't crash when i boot it up but when i click connect and after i put in my password. It takes about 3 seconds then i get a grey screen and it said hold the power button to restart.

iwi2200

what's beeing done:

- add code from aircrack-ng to allow safe network type detection

- add fake mac address. same as in SpoofMac except it's free

- handle shared key authentication for wep networks - testing

- tunning rx/tx speed. still need to build a new kernel to make it work as fast as in linux

- wep passwords work both ascii or hex key

i still don't have enough donations to get the hardware i need to do further development

post-53253-1196173896_thumb.jpg