Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

# doing anything else would cause the ocmputer to freeze

post the kp picture so i can check it

also try to boot with card powered on/off - might help

last release as a hack for power setting this can be the kp reason - but this might make the driver work

post the kp picture so i can check it

also try to boot with card powered on/off - might help

last release as a hack for power setting this can be the kp reason - but this might make the driver work

I don't know how to boot with -s or -x. And how to get those pictures like everyone. Please tell me. :)

Gine S:

to boot with -s or -x press F8 during bootup, after selecting OS X (it must be before you reach the grey screen.) . Then type -s (or -x) and press enter.

If you want more time to press f8

open terminal

sudo -s

"enter password"

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

then unde the <dict> tag type

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>8</string>

press ctrl-o to save

enter to keep the file name

then ctrl-x

This will give you more time in the darwin bootloader.

-Q- Mastser:

The network selector is in the .dmg file. Place it in your root folder before installing the driver package. Then run it from the root folder on restart after install (preferably after a -s boot)

About $$$

i've received msgs from people who like to support my work

at this time i only have a 2200 card and since there's no developpers to write code for other drivers

i'll get the right hardware if there's enought support for this project

check the paypal address acount on http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

i'm thinking on a way to test both 3945/4965 cards. anyone knows something about the hardware needs for both this cards?

No worthwhile picture to upload.

the computer freezes at the blue screen of os x boot up after exit from single user mode with networkSelector leaving the card on

If the card is off then os x boots up without freezing.

still get the previous unhandle: iwl_rx_handle UNHANDLED - #0x3a UNKNOWN reclaim? 0

also when turning the card off get the following

# Warning : requesting Mac access during RFKILL wakes up NIC _iwi_grab ... gpct1 = 0x080433c5

I will try again to getlogs for this, but for some reason the generate logs were empty.

post 3572

my final test/post on this driver version (I swear!)

standard logs attached.

Don't think they are much different.

HOWEVER, one time I did not get the unhandle error.

Unfortunately in my excitement i typed exit into the networkSelector and it got stuck in a never ending loop.

After numerous attempts to repeat the process and get the same result I had no luck :)

I am also posting a picture of the success though (at least before I f*cked it up!)

so close ...

post-148020-1195241992_thumb.jpg

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.txt

iwi3945

read previous posts about param_timer

iwi2100

removed some bogus code

add debug for kp trap

i'm expecting another kp picture - maybe not :P

HOWEVER, one time I did not get the unhandle error.

if you figure out how you might have find the solution i'm lokking for for iwi3945/4965

i hope other try this hard while testing drivers

i've made a reference in iwidarwin for your howto test iwi drivers - thanks

you should read first pages of this thread to see how much work is needed to make a driver to work

iwi2100.dmg

Hi all,i'm happy to join you and test iwi4965 driver !

;)

iwi3945/4965

this is another way to make the driver load

check out for kp

I preferred to load the driver with kextload

I think that the relevant things are:

- supported media: none

and

- iwl_rx_handle UNHANDLED - #0x2f UNKNOWN reclaim? 0

here are my logs ...

Has anyone got iwi2200 working on Leopard yet. I have Leopard installed with almost everything working except wifi. I get a kernal panic if I try to install wifi. I am using a Toshiba Satellite M50 and running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 (ToH).Has anyone got iwi2200 working on Leopard yet. I have Leopard installed with almost everything working except wifi. I get a kernal panic if I try to install wifi. I am using a Toshiba Satellite M50 and running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 (ToH).

btw, if you want to contact me by MSN so we can work this out over a IM chat my msn address is ryankpeters@hotmail.com

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Hey jalavoui, would you mind posting the very latest / best Intel 2200 driver here? I'm confused about which version for iwi2200.dmg currently has the latest / best performance. I've been reading through the forums and trying the versions at http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/, including the svn latest, but it seems to be having problems with running extremely slow. This is the last piece I'd love to fix on my Tiger install. And I heard mention of WEP working on the latest version, but the versions I've tried only work if WEP is off (even if trying to manually set the IP)? Thanks for all the efforts here...