Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Post #3503

First I apologize if I am not testing it right. I installed the driver. Restarted. Computer booted up w/o kp. I opened network selector and chose option 1. Then select option 5 and close the terminal. Opened System Preferences, Network, and pci... is in the list, but airport card is off. I reopened network selector and chose option, then selected option 5 and closed terminal. Then my computer froze. On restart computer freezes. I have upload a picture of the diallog where it freezes, unsure how helpful any of this is. Let me know if you want more.

Take 2

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Froze on restart at log in. Added logs from succesfully boot using -x

post-148020-1194643989_thumb.jpg

system.txt

ioreg.txt

dmesg.txt

thanks to jalavoui for the great great effort he's making. OK i have downloaded the dirver for my 2100 wireless for the first time (the one posted on nov 8 on page 174), after the restart, network selector begins, it detects my card, OK, it can scan the wlan networks available, when I click connect, the screen becomes grey and it says hold power button to turn off etc. After I checked the netinfo manager, the wlan card was able to get an IP before the system crashed, there I saw an IP for my wlan card, but 0 sent and 0 received packages. I'll send my log files for in-depth look but I dont know where to find them..

thanks again man, you are great ;)

logs from 3513 for the 3945I cannot send the system log because it is too large (3.9 MB)
Hi y2kkirb, see some pages ahead where I have mentioned how to get small logs by using ONYX (you can clear the logs for each installation, so you don't need to scroll such a large log file). And, you can comment the lines inside in order to help Jalavoui to view exactly the stages your system has passed or not.

Are these drivers compiled for leopard? If not you might post the latest source so we can compile in leopard if it would make a difference.

I also would like this to happen considering when I try it on leopard it get to this first line: "iwi3945: debug_level f5fffcff sw_disable 0" , then I get a KP. I really would like to get my wireless working. Thanks for all your efforts so far.

iwi3945/iwi4965

firmware fixes

about source code - i'll not move to mac os x 10.5. i'm using 10.4.8 kernel sources

iwi3945 as a bug in the snd_cmd(). when this is fixed we can jump to iwi2100 status

iwi4965 needs to have more code to work

iwi2100 is scanning, need to write code for rx/tx packets - iwi2200 source as all the code for this

iwi2200 need secure nets suport and fix the slowdown bug. i might build a new kernel to fix this since this bug also exists in macintosh computers

any developer help is welcome

iwi3945.dmg

iwi4965.dmg